Quantcast

Hard Drive Down!

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I am enjoying my iPhone and only 5 weeks into our little affair, it dies :rant: I went to the Apple store and they had no idea what was going on with it and gave me a new one. I'll count the days and back it up often.
That sucks kiddo. Don't lose heart, your phone is badass.

Hard drives are prone to failure, and for someone as technically inept as Stinky, such things usually mean disaster...
Full Disclosure: I'd installed the new X update, been downloading stock photo libraries by the truckload and before a restart I decided to reinstall a "free" version of CS4 on another drive and things went to Hell... It prolly wasn't an Apple issue.

Serial Box gave me some software to get the goodness back, and I'm running clean.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I am enjoying my iPhone and only 5 weeks into our little affair, it dies :rant: I went to the Apple store and they had no idea what was going on with it and gave me a new one. I'll count the days and back it up often.
don't feel bad....there are people who have already gone through 3+.......

my brothers crashed installing a update......lost everything....he's going to back it up more often now.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I don't get you people bitching about the iPhones...mine has been a goddamned tank. I hurled it at a lawyers wall (flew out of bag holster at work) and shattered the glass over the touchscreen six months ago. Aside from looking like hell, it's had no problems soldiering on. I've dropped it more times than I care to imagine, yet it functions as if it were new. Most durable cell phone I've ever owned.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i wasn't bitching.......its great that you can throw yours around without it shi**ing the bed.....it shouldn't sh*t the bed when you update it though.....

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
i wasn't bitching.......its great that you can throw yours around without it shi**ing the bed.....it shouldn't sh*t the bed when you update it though.....
Plus Apple does not use delta updates anymore (its like having to download the entire OS for your PC every time a simple bug is fixed). 300MB to fix one bug, WTF:shocked:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
In an update to my own mac issue, I couldn't repair the install of the OS, all it would let me do is format the drive and install a fresh OS. That wasn't an option, as I have data on there that I need. So it was new hard drive time. My macbook is now cruising with a 500gig drive. Just gotta find the SATA cable for one of my external HD enclosures so I can copy off the old data.