Quantcast

hardest trail at diablo.....

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
that section that goes past tempest is pretty hard. but... i have to say that if you take the uso 04 way on bmw that is relly hard. i love it.

SGF2

Chimp
May 8, 2005
Portland
For some reason the 50 yards prior to the Stigmata rock roller always gives me fits. Can't think of another trail that I get pushed around on....

sweetbabyd

Chimp
May 20, 2007
Bucks County, PA
Really? I always have a tough time on ripper. Test of metal feels easy in comparison to ripper...probably because its much shorter than it.
i know, it's weird! it's just a silly little trail and i have never made it down clean! must be a negative energy vortex or something -
yeah, that's it...the Vortex...
although i also have to agree with SGF2 - that spot around the small tree right before the BMW wall is a bit of a bugger :)

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
^^^^^^^^^^
My strengths are the exact opposite. Although last time I was beggining to get down ripper better.

bobushka king

Irontaint
Jun 26, 2007
you guys are nuts... i can ride those trails all day long.... but clear jumps on dominion, forget it!

... and no, i'm not joking!
I'm the exact opposite. A few weeks ago I finally cleared the last hip on the uppers and the lowers I have to check my speed or I end up landing to flat. On the other hand, the instant I enter Ripper its federal pound me in the ass prison.

So for me it's Ripper (as I still haven't tryed Utah or Deceit yet)

Ironjunk

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
I'm the exact opposite. A few weeks ago I finally cleared the last hip on the uppers and the lowers I have to check my speed or I end up landing to flat
Are you saying you are overjumping on lower?

I haven't yet got the balls you to keep off the brakes after the double on upper dominion, you just get going so fast.

That one hard section on utah got me last time, i stayed far right and the front tire dipped on a rock and I went OTB still clipped in and slammed my face. I'm thinking the best line is exiting through the left between the rocks.

Fall Guy

Chimp
Sep 4, 2007
The only piece of the mountain I cant clear is the right turn befor stigmata. I used to be able to clear it but with some erosion I cant seem to get that line around the right of the tree anymore. Im always getting wedged in there now.

phloedix

Chimp
May 8, 2008
TRENTON
yeah ripper is hard to me. i just did test of metal for the first time last weekend and did pretty good. for some reason i havent done bmw this year. i think last year i only rir it once. ill have to check it out next time.

SkiJim668

Chimp
Jul 4, 2008
B more
Stigmata.Opening day in the rain and muck.Nice slickery rock gardens.The thought of running that roller with the 2X6 ladder runout while wet.CRAZY. Hopefully next time Itll be dry and I can find some balls somewhere.

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
I never brake and I pedal on dominion... Except, I do have to brake on the last jump for lower dominion when I boost it, or else I will land flat everyetime.

I think that last hip on upper dominion is one of my favorite features on the mountain.

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
The only piece of the mountain I cant clear is the right turn befor stigmata. I used to be able to clear it but with some erosion I cant seem to get that line around the right of the tree anymore. Im always getting wedged in there now.
WORD! This is one section of trail that REALLY does need work! Normally I won't come on here recommending anything, but this section is getting washed out and eroded really bad. Can Diablo fix it? Thanks, EC

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
your all crazy i think Utah is really easy and so is ripper. i dont know what you guys find hard about them. deceit on the other hand is the equivalent to riding over a row of cinder blocks on a razor scooter. its steep and after every turn its good to know that you made that section but there is another in front of you.

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
I can mainly agree- With the exception of "The Wall", aka Stigmata. Try Platty or Whiteface and come back to Diablo. Your brakes won't be used nearly as much! EC

road2nowhere

Monkey
May 13, 2007
if your looking for something challenging the hard right turn on stigmata everyone is talking about is the hardest, but then take the go around instead of "the wall" or the rock face. it seems to be more challenging then just zipping down a 30ft rockface.
and another great rock shredding trail that seems to never get old is deceit right into ripper. with no stop inbetween. jsut make sure you take the high line and pin it off "arron chases drop"!!:lighten:

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
yeah stigmata is like looking at a 30 foot drop you are too afraid to do and rolling down it. then rolling out of it on ice. then running over boulders then sharp rocks. its extreme.

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
i think the fire rode is more extream... why cant trail crew smooth it out so it is less hard and more easy