Quantcast

Heading to Whistler in August

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Buddy buys travel insurance all the time. He went to Orlando last spring same week as us. Came down with a severe respriratory funk that put in a hospital for four days and it took care of him. I'd never think to buy travel insurance for something so close to home, but he did.

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
Whistler is all but paid for and faxing the condo rental agreement for Snowshoe tomorrow. This summer just might top last year.

wildcard

Chimp
Jul 9, 2007
Just got back from Whistler. Got some awesome new trails: tech noir (stay left at the afternoon delight fork) and french connection. Dwayne Johnson wasn't open yet, but that should be good too.

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
Sitting in the condo in Whistler village tonight, got in 20 hours of riding with 10 more to go. Huge blister on my hand and sore all over . Riding the Top of the world trail tomorrow, only 100 riders allowed per day and it cost extra = can't wait!!!!!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Sitting in the condo in Whistler village tonight, got in 20 hours of riding with 10 more to go. Huge blister on my hand and sore all over . Riding the Top of the world trail tomorrow, only 100 riders allowed per day and it cost extra = can't wait!!!!!
Use this on your palm. http://www.walmart.com/ip/17299991?adid=22222222227014947161&wmlspartner=wlpa&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=&wl3=13970006230&wl4=&wl5=pla&veh=sem
Split it down the middle to wrap around your thumb. Pin it harder. Blisters only happen when you're braking. Hurry back so we can hit WBD again. Can't wait to hear you and Clealan's indifference toward riding any place but Whistler. :thumb:

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
I can name the trails we didn't ride because we rode almost every one.Great bike park it has a little of everything.They were doing trail work and closed parts of some trails each day which made us explore other trails. We had to get off Freight train and ride Sidetrack and it was awesome - we never would have found it. Saw several bears and Clealan almost got to pet one.Rented bikes from the Demo center and those guys were great we had to bring bikes back after breakage and they would fix them quickly or give us another one to ride, I would highly recommend them.The top of the world trail was pretty cool and sort of a once in a life time thing, probably just a few weeks of no snow up there.Shocked at the amount of ambulance rides we saw, I'm guessing riders thought it was Whistler and wanted to go big-eh?
whistler 015.JPGwhistler 022.JPGwhistler 030.JPGwhistler 003.JPGwhistler 024.JPGwhistler 029.JPGwhistler 035.JPG

Well maybe a few little clouds, but definitely the best view I've seen while riding.

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
Great pics Randy! Sounds like you guys had a good time. I think next will be our year to go up there, but I wanna hit up Sun Peaks and Silver Star in the same trip.

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
Great pics Randy! Sounds like you guys had a good time. I think next will be our year to go up there, but I wanna hit up Sun Peaks and Silver Star in the same trip.
My 4 year old $99 camera has to be begged to actually take a picture.
Looking at all 3 locations it looks doable but it would take probably 2 weeks minimum.You would have to rent a van or suburban to haul bikes if you took them. I was already thinking of a return trip and riding in Squamish 2 days as well, but I would rent bikes at Whistler and Squamish.