Quantcast

Heavy bikes! Lets see your 42lbs+ race/free ride bikes

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
When we had like 3-4 team bikes, I've always wanted one too. It's such a fun bike to ride --as long as you're going 5 MPH or faster -any slower it rode like a D9 tractor.

Here's my contribution: 53 lbs of raw lust.
I hope that weight is wrong, because that would make it weight the same as my BMW.....:shocked:

pdawg

Monkey
Feb 27, 2006
Espoo, Finland
I fail to see the connection between your post and the subject of this thread. :busted:

edit: Nice catalog photo, though. Good stuff, them '07 Enduros.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
Heres mine...
about 45lbs, and getting heavier with every upgrade....well except the SDG seat. But things like cromo bars, 4 piston brakes, bigger tires and tubes...it all adds up.

who cares though right, as long as its a sick ride/look :clapping: .
On my list though are MTX rims with Abbah hubs, DHX 5.0 shock, 888 fork, PC-990 cassette.

Mr.Mike

Chimp
Mar 22, 2007
Not the best picture, but weighs in around 45 lbs. Saint everything with XT brake levers and XTR rear shifter, Mavic 729 hoops, Maxxis sticky rubber.

-mike-

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver

Here's my dads' bike except his has different tires,cranks, added pedals of course, and raceface bashguard added instead of 3rd gear-not so heavy at 31.8 lbs: but still Whistler ready
That's pretty light... kinda way off mark considering what this thread is about.

diamondratuk

Chimp
Jun 5, 2007
A, A
Here she is in all her glory but you just don't ask a lady how heavy she is you know......... It's kinda rude.

In truth I haven't got round to it yet, but I'm kinda curious.
Never found weight to be a problem. Have found some light weight frames to be flexy and I did'nt like it mind.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
she's a beaut!

now why aren't you running the inverted RST? ;);)

hope you have a good season!
Thank you!! I actually have a brand new inverted still in the box just waiting to come out and play ;) I wanted to give the new R1 a good wringing out first though. Nothing I've run it on yet has warranted that much suspension (plus the white lowers color-coordinate).

TGR

Monkey
Jan 9, 2006
My devinci, weighing in at like 42.7 pounds... (with my "race" seat, aka not the huge one in the pic)

MaxDamageDA

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
Poland

This is my primal bike, its about 62 lbs, lighter than the hood ( i love that one, u had the custom cortina earlier right? :> ) probalby cuz of army itself, its lightweigh, 550g race face cranks :> and no seismic up front lol :D

And this was my tmx ( btw on saint which is normally impossible to assemble, but everything can be done in magic basement :D ) If it would be assembled on my parts it proly could have reached 70lbs...
As i really manage to handle my bike, the brooklyn was hmm... strange. Totally different geometry, shiver was too small for it, and overall the bike was riding only in straight lines heh

MDJ

Monkey
Dec 15, 2005
San Jose, CA

This is my primal bike, its about 62 lbs, lighter than the hood ( i love that one, u had the custom cortina earlier right? :> ) probalby cuz of army itself, its lightweigh, 550g race face cranks :> and no seismic up front lol :D

And this was my tmx ( btw on saint which is normally impossible to assemble, but everything can be done in magic basement :D ) If it would be assembled on my parts it proly could have reached 70lbs...
As i really manage to handle my bike, the brooklyn was hmm... strange. Totally different geometry, shiver was too small for it, and overall the bike was riding only in straight lines heh
Those two pictures sums up why I quit the DH scene several years back. The sport just got really stupid. Now, it's all good again. At least until the Karpiel "classics" are re-released.

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
Those two pictures sums up why I quit the DH scene several years back. The sport just got really stupid. Now, it's all good again. At least until the Karpiel "classics" are re-released.

So you dont like heavy bikes...no problem, get something light...but I still think some of the "old school" DH bikes ride really nicely...and you dont have to replace them once a year. BTW...ever tried a BMW ?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
It's good that what other people do affects you so much. Do you ride on the east coast, or do you go very very big? Maybe he does, maybe that's why he rides what he does.

Just something to think about. When's the next sunday/dw blowjob/featherweight bike thread coming out, anyways?

sixsixtysix

Monkey
Mar 6, 2005
Hell
When we had like 3-4 team bikes, I've always wanted one too. It's such a fun bike to ride --as long as you're going 5 MPH or faster -any slower it rode like a D9 tractor.

Here's my contribution: 53 lbs of raw lust.

:shocked:
How? we just built up a new Socom last night for one of our LBS shop monkey's and it was 35lbs on the nose with a coil shock, I cant see how that one can be 20lbs heavier.....

sixsixtysix

Monkey
Mar 6, 2005
Hell
Did it break yet? :)
LoL, I am waiting for it too... He thought his M3 was too heavy.... I am not a fan of the Socom, but he is a light rider, maybe 130lbs soaking wet... The build wasn't even that crazy, I was thinking it would come to 37-38 but was suprised when we threw it on the scale. I think the wheels will be the downfall, they are Hope hubs laced to DTSwiss 5.1's using 2.0-1.5-2.0 spokes. They look like XC racing wheels but whatever, not my ride :twitch:

dh_newbie

Monkey
Jun 7, 2006
Hong Kong
My Sunday:-
Sunday 06 team frame with white painting
Zoki 888 WCZoki Roco WC with 300 lbs ti-spring
Sunline stem with KCNC handler bar
Juicy carbon with straitline lever with 8"
Saint crank 38T with LG1
Saint shifter with dura-ace rear derailleur
PG990 cassette 11-32T
Atomlab pedal
Hadley & Hope Pro II with EX721 rim
Thomson seat post with Gobi seat
Maxxis high roller F 3C & R ST

Weight ~ 41 lbs

Attachments

Chimp
Jul 2, 2007
Denver, CO
i'll play along- Giant DH Team with new off season white powdercoat and redecaled as vintage BMX Race Inc.

48 pounds of terrain eating heaven...

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
so you're worried about what everyone else thinks. to then destroy your fun.

yea, that makes sense.