Quantcast

Hereford Fall Festival, October 21 - 22

zerossix

Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Arlington, VA
Won't know nada for a couple more days. this house buying thing is sucking my time and money faster then GWB can empty a budget surplus.
dude you missed a good time up at hampton. we only were out ther for probably and hour and a half our so but it was fun. i nearly died, that was cool. then this 10 year old kid showed up and totaly owned me, that was cool too. we should definitely go again sometime this week

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
We can't go tomorrow, the 'necks that run that place don't like our kind riding at the track. I have issues with that place as its a public park...

We can roll out this week if you want. I was ass to head to floor to couch today, and then I got to deal with the new house good times.

We digging this week?

And when are yous-ins wanting to leave friday?

zerossix

Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Arlington, VA
i'm down with digging, probably not tillthursday though, got some school stuff coming up the next couple days...stupid edumacationing.

i'm plannin on leavin here as soon as i get outta class on friday(1030ish) i'm driving this kid on my hall back up to NoVA though. i'll probably end up stayin the night in arlington then drivin up to hereford saterday nice and early.

just noticed over in the DH thread that collegiate nationals are this weekend....i really gotta get that together for next year. nothing would make my year more exciting then getting schooled by a bunch of pro college kids haha. its gunna rock!

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Once this weekend is over, and I have my life and housing sorted out, we'll all sit down and figure out next year.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I'll take that as a complement - Thank you. Hope to see a good turn-out this weekend!
Mike,

Can you elaborate on the parking situation? Can we park in the field next to the track? Or do we have to park in the corn field with the wine fest crowd and ride over? It would be real nice if we could park by the track for easy access to gear, etc.

See ya Saturday.

Dave

yellowrake

Monkey
Jun 15, 2004
Freeland, Md.
Mike,

Can you elaborate on the parking situation? Can we park in the field next to the track? Or do we have to park in the corn field with the wine fest crowd and ride over? It would be real nice if we could park by the track for easy access to gear, etc.

See ya Saturday.

Dave
The gates officially open at 10am. and all parking will be in the corn field with the rest of the crowd. If you have some special needs, we can arrange a small pit area for tents only, near the top of the track. Please arrive before 10am if you wish to set up anything. Call me if you have any further questions. 410-984-7268:cheers:

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
If you have some special needs, we can arrange a small pit area for tents only...
No special needs, I was just wondering. Thanks for the clarification. It's probably best not to have people driving around in the field with the rain and all. Wouldn't want to have people tearing it up or getting stuck. See you all tomorrow.

zerossix

Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Arlington, VA
i had a hell of a time. screwed my self sorta, but whatever i still had tons of fun. first actual dual race, definitely gunna enter a bunch more this year.

oh it was way tight seein the pros throw down like that. they were goin prety huge

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
it was awesome... does anyone have any pictures?
It was a freaking blast.

I have tons of pictures, mostly from quals and the DJ comp. I'm just starting to go through them now. I'll post up a report later today. Post your number plate, bike, or other identifying information in this is thread and if I have your picture I'll post it.

JapaneseZero

Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Virginia
It was a freaking blast.

I have tons of pictures, mostly from quals and the DJ comp. I'm just starting to go through them now. I'll post up a report later today. Post your number plate, bike, or other identifying information in this is thread and if I have your picture I'll post it.
I was on a grey staats with an OC racing jersey on... i think number 61 ish...

yellowrake

Monkey
Jun 15, 2004
Freeland, Md.
I have a ton of awesome pics, complements of Karen Clymer. We hope to have them, as well as the official results, online by the end of the week. www.racersedgeonline.com

Mini-Moto on Sunday was a blast too. Unbelieveable how well the track held up!

If there is a real interest in keeping the track in place, we should start a petition to present to the landowner. It's probably a shot in the dark but between us and the mini-moto guys we might have a shot. Anyone interested in helping out with the effort, please email me: theracersedge@comcast.net

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
If there is a real interest in keeping the track in place, we should start a petition to present to the landowner. It's probably a shot in the dark but between us and the mini-moto guys we might have a shot. Anyone interested in helping out with the effort, please email me: theracersedge@comcast.net
A lot of people were talking about how much they loved the track and how well it was built. I think everybody wished they could have one in their own backyard. It would be awesome if you could find a way to keep it open. I'm sure you'll be able to find some folks interested in helping out your quest. I just wish I lived a little closer so I could be of some benefit (and get more use out of it, if it were to stay open). I definitely sign a petition though.

Good luck and thanks for the great event!

MikeT

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
Hell
Yea the track and the event were very fun! good turn out for sure. Thanks to everyone who made it possible.

-MV

Mongaaa

Chimp
Oct 24, 2006
Damian would you happen to have any pictures of me in a tight brown t-shirt on a blue bruiser?