Quantcast

Here's a list of bands I hate worse than Def Leppard...

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
...so I get in the car today, and what immediately comes on the local Jack FM? Def Leppard.
Change the station to classic rock, two songs later... Def Leppard.

Flip it back to Jack... a f*cking commercial about a Def Leppard, 38 special and Poison coming to Nashville.

I just drove in silence.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Let It Go is an awesome rock song. Pretty much all of High and Dry is a great rock album. If you disagree then go sit in a puddle of chlorine.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Let It Go is an awesome rock song. Pretty much all of High and Dry is a great rock album. If you disagree then go sit in a puddle of chlorine.
Yep, HUGE difference between On through the Night and High and Dry vs. the pop-rock that they did afterwards. High and Dry is a solid rock album. "Another Hit and Run" is a great song.

And the radio stations NEVER EVER play DL stuff like "Let it Go". It's endless repetitions of 'sugar!

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
70s-ish soft-rock bands. I want to puch my "classic ROCK" station's face in the mouth when they play crap like Steely Dan (not even Fing rock) and the Eagles. The only thing I hate more in the rock genre are the 80s glam-rock bands, although there's a fine line between some of the 80s metal/hard rock bands that actually had talent and good songs and the ones that were just 80s glam-crap with songs written for them and so on. I go absolutely ape-**** for the 80s ones that were actually pretty hardcore and talented.

cneums

Monkey
Jul 9, 2009
Maryland, USA
that's true...and there were a FEW decent bands outta the 80s. a few. and plenty of sh!tty ones in the 70's....but that was like the opening act to the sh!tshow that was the 80s.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
...so I get in the car today, and what immediately comes on the local Jack FM? Def Leppard.
Change the station to classic rock, two songs later... Def Leppard.

Flip it back to Jack... a f*cking commercial about a Def Leppard, 38 special and Poison coming to Nashville.

I just drove in silence.
To the titty bar? Because you were suddenly in the mood for a Lap dance?

Sonic Reducer

Monkey
Mar 19, 2006
seattle worshington
lots of people like these but I dont know why
eddie money
anything with dio ( even Iomi couldnt overcome his suckage)
38 special
iggy pop post stooges
phish
bubblegum punk ie blink 182 et. all
50 cent
kanye west
ziggy marley(stephen/damian are rad)

Last edited:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Journey
Foreigner
Def Leppard
Bon Jovi
Marilyn Manson
Ted Nugent
Most any new country...
Any/all gangster rap

Give me time...I will come up with more.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Journey
Foreigner
Def Leppard
Bon Jovi
Marilyn Manson
Ted Nugent
Most any new country...
Any/all gangster rap

Give me time...I will come up with more.
I'm with you on all of that, except maybe the rap. If you're writing off all rap, boo. Anything you've ever heard on the radio almost certainly blows, but there is some good rap out there.

The rest of your list though, yes. Ted Nugent in particular.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Bands named after geographical places are usually bad:

Europe, Asia, Chicago, Boston, Alabama...

I'll make an exception for Kansas.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Went to a small music festival recently and the band that got the most people up was one that did cool country covers.
Pretty awesome. You'd never listen to them on the radio or buy the cds, but played live was wild.
Funny enough, everyone knew the songs...

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
Went to a small music festival recently and the band that got the most people up was one that did cool country covers.
Pretty awesome. You'd never listen to them on the radio or buy the cds, but played live was wild.
Funny enough, everyone knew the songs...
was it Hayseed Dixie? fantastic life act and hilariously funny!
"ace of spades" with banjo and fiddle is, well, i'm lacking words, but kinda..., you know... unsettling (?), dunno... but good!

Bands named after geographical places are usually bad:

Europe, Asia, Chicago, Boston, Alabama...

I'll make an exception for Kansas.
kansas is the worst of them: "carry on, my wayward sooo--hh-ooooon..."
makes me vomit. really.

Last edited: