Quantcast

Hey State Farm - Suck my exit chute

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
1. H&F from '99-'04 - MV is the only person who was there during that window

2. Tards, sure. I remember seeing a survey by one of the industry rags (can't remember the name) that surveyed the average income, education level, and employment of rider types broken out tri, road, mtb, bmx, and commuter.
-Tri was notably the highest in every category with PhD's and Masters making up >50%, careers mostly in medical, engineering, and finance; income >$200k
-Road was next with mostly BA and Master's, more sales and tech jobs; income >$150
-MTB was notably BA and a few masters, more low-end white collar and notable blue collar levels; income between 50 and 150
- BMX mostly HS and BA, a lot of blue collar; income <$50

I'd have to try and find the article again, but it was notable enough that we changed the structure of our store around it and saw higher margins and sales.
You worked at hankey pankey???? I'll have to ask varian next time I'm in there how often it happens. Then we still need to race, his old lazy as says he's faster than me.

Having a degree and good job doesn't make tri guys any less arrogant (probably more arrogant) and clueless as to what's going on with bikes. You know it's the truth too.......

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You worked at hankey pankey???? I'll have to ask varian next time I'm in there how often it happens. Then we still need to race, his old lazy as says he's faster than me.

Having a degree and good job doesn't make tri guys any less arrogant (probably more arrogant) and clueless as to what's going on with bikes. You know it's the truth too.......
He's shockingly fast actually. And 'tard is a different slur that arrogant. Very few know what they are doing, because they make enough to pay people like you (and formerly me) to know the menial task of how to fix a bike. They are doing more important things, like rebuilding hearts, building bridges, and printing money.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
He's shockingly fast actually. And 'tard is a different slur that arrogant. Very few know what they are doing, because they make enough to pay people like you (and formerly me) to know the menial task of how to fix a bike. They are doing more important things, like rebuilding hearts, building bridges, and printing money.
I've ridden with him before, him and his brother and that whole crew. I ride with the rest of the guys he hangs out with allot more.

and because of that money they like to act like they know how to fix said bike better than me.

Some of them are also doing things that are much LESS important, and actually hurt the country, like being an investment banker

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Some of them are also doing things that are much LESS important, and actually hurt the country, like being an investment banker
Have you ever heard of this little company called Google? How about Yahoo or Microsoft?
Do you know how they got their large scale funding to build huge parts of their businesses? They went public. Do you know who takes them public? Investment Bankers.

What about companies that are developing life saving medical technologies? How do they pay for the R&D to develop these drugs? By going public. Who does that? Investment Bankers.

There are a lot of things in this world that you have no idea how they work, and you should stop trying to say you do. I thought I knew about finance when I worked for American Express, then I went to Morgan Stanley and realized I knew very little. When I left Morgan Stanley I thought I knew a lot, then I started working directly with IB's at Bloomberg and realized I had much to learn. When I left Bloomberg and started working at my current firm I learned even more, and I still don't work directly with banking.

Don't forget, working on bikes is a simple skill to learn.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Have you ever heard of this little company called Google? How about Yahoo or Microsoft?
Do you know how they got their large scale funding to build huge parts of their businesses? They went public. Do you know who takes them public? Investment Bankers.

What about companies that are developing life saving medical technologies? How do they pay for the R&D to develop these drugs? By going public. Who does that? Investment Bankers.

There are a lot of things in this world that you have no idea how they work, and you should stop trying to say you do. I thought I knew about finance when I worked for American Express, then I went to Morgan Stanley and realized I knew very little. When I left Morgan Stanley I thought I knew a lot, then I started working directly with IB's at Bloomberg and realized I had much to learn. When I left Bloomberg and started working at my current firm I learned even more, and I still don't work directly with banking.

Don't forget, working on bikes is a simple skill to learn.
Medical companies get money by strait ROBBING us, we spend more than twice as much as every other country per person and ranked 33rd for care. Investment banks took a trillion dollars in WELFARE, sounds like a failing system to me buddy. I don't know how much news you watch, but they did essentially destroy the economy.......

Oh, and my mom worked for google a while back as a recruiter, high tech companies don't need they man power or resources other companies do. Have you been to their campus? That's basically the ENTIRE company.

Just cause working on bike's is a simple skill to learn doesn't mean an investment banker knows how to do it.......

Remember they are to busy taking welfare checks from the government, and on that note, I'm going to go study some calculus at the library so I can get an engineering job that actually contributes :thumb:

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Medical companies get money by strait ROBBING us, we spend more than twice as much as every other country per person and ranked 33rd for care. Investment banks took a trillion dollars in WELFARE, sounds like a failing system to me buddy. I don't know how much news you watch, but they did essentially destroy the economy.......

Oh, and my mom worked for google a while back as a recruiter, high tech companies don't need they man power or resources other companies do. Have you been to their campus? That's basically the ENTIRE company.

Just cause working on bike's is a simple skill to learn doesn't mean an investment banker knows how to do it.......

Remember they are to busy taking welfare checks from the government, and on that note, I'm going to go study some calculus at the library so I can get an engineering job that actually contributes :thumb:
You do realize that Bankers make up a very small percentage of the employees at Investent Banks, right?

Also, how much do you think it costs to develop a drug, run trials, clear the FDA, and come to market? Lack of interstate competition, lack of listed pricing, and current tort laws are major sources of high prices of healthcare in this country.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Wife drove my bike into the carport once. I was in the car and didnt think of it either. If you have a roof rack and a garage/car port, its almost bound to happen eventually IMO.
Yup. I ran mine in once. Ran my wife's in once. My wife ran the kids' in once. My mate ran his Kona in. My other mate ran his in twice. I know of a dude at work who has the telltale kinked tray that says he did too.

It's easy to do.

dicey

Chimp
state farm is one of the worst carriers unless your squeaky clean. My friends dad retired from state farm after 25 yrs of service while having his entire family on it.Once my friend had to make a claim for an ACL replacement surgery it still cost seven grand out of pocket for a twenty thousand dollar surgery. Figure fifteen years@ his monthly rate and he is the insurance hole. "Accident insurance" and a savings account is what i use to protect myself medical bills now.
I'v tried a lot of different carriers for auto insurance, but when i finally had to make an auto claim and my own company screwed me(progressive) i dropped them and had my parents put me on there u.s.a.a insurance. i now pay $50. monthly full coverage for auto, which is about $100.00 less I paid through progressive.:weee: