Quantcast

Hide Your Stash

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
TN said:
I have Chrohn's Disease
No kidding? That's no fun. I have ulcerative colitis... never tried the weed for that. I've been symptom free though (knock wood) for over two years now.

Yeah....my GI told me to never ever ever take Immodium ever again. or aspirin...

(I took part in a clinical study about a month ago. They suspect something in cows' milk could be part of the cause of Chrohn's)

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
TN said:
I have Chrohn's Disease ................
So does/did my wife. Have you considered getting those inflammed areas resected? My wife had about 7" resected (during emergency exploratory surgery) and has been Chrohn's free for 9 years now.

She can eat anything she wants now, except she does need to get monthy B12 shots, and if she has syrup (like when we go to IHOP) once she's done eating if there's not a bathroom (a decent one...........she is a girl :rolleyes: ) we're in big trouble...........why syrup goes right through her I have no clue.......... :confused:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Andyman_1970 said:
She can eat anything she wants now, except she does need to get monthy B12 shots, and if she has syrup (like when we go to IHOP) once she's done eating if there's not a bathroom (a decent one...........she is a girl :rolleyes: ) we're in big trouble...........why syrup goes right through her I have no clue.......... :confused:
every time i get ready to ride to work - leg in midair over saddle - i gotta spray. not sure if it's raceday conditioning or what (never could start a race until i crapped at least 6X in the hour prior).

another reason i love mtn biking. :)

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
$tinkle said:
every time i get ready to ride to work - leg in midair over saddle - i gotta spray. not sure if it's raceday conditioning or what (never could start a race until i crapped at least 6X in the hour prior).

another reason i love mtn biking. :)
I love poo threads..................... :thumb:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Andyman_1970 said:
So does/did my wife. Have you considered getting those inflammed areas resected? My wife had about 7" resected (during emergency exploratory surgery) and has been Chrohn's free for 9 years now.

in '96 i had an obstruction in my small bowel & had about a foot cutout. At the time they thought that was the only infected area & I was symptom free for about 1 year. Then I started getting sick again, but it was different than before & come to find out I have it in my lower colon too. :rolleyes:

MMmike-
yeah, I've heard UC sucks too. its cool you have been symptom free for so long. :thumb:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
TN said:
in '96 i had an obstruction in my small bowel & had about a foot cutout. At the time they thought that was the only infected area & I was symptom free for about 1 year. Then I started getting sick again, but it was different than before & come to find out I have it in my lower colon too. :rolleyes:
What does it feel like/what are the symptoms? I have had off and on stomach trouble for years. I have always just attributed it to stress though.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Ciaran said:
What does it feel like/what are the symptoms? I have had off and on stomach trouble for years. I have always just attributed it to stress though.
its different for everyone, but somethings that aren't GI related can be symptoms too. Like, stiff, aching joints, low grade fever, low energy level, anemia and also a high sed-rate. It comes & goes too.