Quantcast

Hill's new TLD paintjob

SwissOne

Chimp
May 9, 2005
LV is such a gay sh1t.. guys who wear this kind of crap are in the wrong bodys! Save your money for a sex change operation, ore some additional brain ;-)
Most of LV, gucci, dior, D&G... posers don't even have enough money to buy original stuff, and wear fakes.. but at least it matches their style..

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
SwissOne said:
LV is such a gay sh1t.. guys who wear this kind of crap are in the wrong bodys! Save your money for a sex change operation, ore some additional brain ;-)
Most of LV, gucci, dior, D&G... posers don't even have enough money to buy original stuff, and wear fakes.. but at least it matches their style..

feeling the need to reassure yourself of your masculinity, eh?

anyway, i like that tld helmet as a piece of art but it's not going to look so cool when hill flies by at 30mph or really stand out in photos.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
stiksandstones said:
Judging by the helmet, it looks like Monster is Sam's #1 sponsor.

I would be bummed if I were a madcatz or Ironhorse manager.
What's standard in the industry? Seems like if they didn't want him doing it that they would have put it in his contract. Looks like he is looking to get as much coin in his pocket as he can, which seems pretty smart.

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
stiksandstones said:
Judging by the helmet, it looks like Monster is Sam's #1 sponsor.

I would be bummed if I were a madcatz or Ironhorse manager.
It is the "Monster Energy/Iron Horse/Mad Catz" team for 06 so I don't think any of the team management is too bummed.

-ska todd

jon-boy

Monkey
May 26, 2004
Vancouver BC
It makes sense to have one area devoted to a sponsor to get a clearer message over.. Ironhorse have the bike, Madcatz get the majority of the jersey and Monster get the helmet. On a small billboard like a rider it makes total sense.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
SwissOne said:
Small penis much?

SPrider

Monkey
Feb 18, 2005
ya i heard ricky carm. got paid 2 million by monster, i wonder how that relates to a top monster mtber.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Well there you have it.

I did not know Monster was the marquee sponsor of the team.
I stand corrected.

You do have to deal with 'Hollywood' though, so I commend y'all on your patience.

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
San Diego area, California USA
definatley some great work! i'm personally not into the design...but that's just my taste. i'm just not into the evil skull look. doesn't stand out well either. Nonetheless, it's a killer paintjob

As for the LV, gucci, etc designs...
i think they're pretty cool. but it's getting played out. EVERYONE has done it. hell, i even painted up a skate lid w/ a LV stripe pattern on it. It is still cool -- it's like diamonds.... they were once a "women only" deal....but now guys run diamonds too... it's a "pimp" factor ;) If you've got cash or you're a pimp, you run the LV, gucci, etc logos! ....& since everyone know's i'm such a pimp! ;)
anyway, it's a fad...simple as that. wasn't pink a color that only girls wore?!?!?! hmmmmm?

As for the monster energy dealio.....
yep, as Ska Todd mentioned, Monster is the title sponsor...& they pay the billz...
As far as compared to mtb vs moto..... you can't even compare numbers. mx is sooooooooooooooo much more

DS Dom

Monkey
Nov 14, 2001
Denver, Co
DylanDeanDesign said:
As far as compared to mtb vs moto..... you can't even compare numbers. mx is sooooooooooooooo much more

Anyone have any idea about how much RC, Reed, and Stewart get paid by the mountain bike companies (compared to what actual team riders get paid)? If i recall correctly, Specialized and I think Trek sponsor at least 2 of them?

Roodle

Chimp
Apr 24, 2006
Rockville, MD
the hill helmet is quite nice artistically and i know how hard it is to use an airbrush like that from doing it a few times on my old helmets, but tld hasn't really changed their style AT ALL since i originally started lusting for one in 1993ish.

it's scary to look at the tld site and see that theyre still selling the feather indian headdress looking stickers an dpaint and the same flames and skull designs from a decade ago. funny stuff, but either it means theyre played out or that theyre classics and dont need to change. i imagine they would prefer the latter being the case!

heikkihall

Monkey
Dec 14, 2001
Durango, CO
I actually really like the design. Its nice to see a change from the usual pin-striping, racing stripes, racer boy look. And, that is some quality airbrush work.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
DS Dom said:
Anyone have any idea about how much RC, Reed, and Stewart get paid by the mountain bike companies (compared to what actual team riders get paid)? If i recall correctly, Specialized and I think Trek sponsor at least 2 of them?
Nothing...just free bikes.

Yes, its true. Hell, RC has had a shimano logo on his helmet for years for no salary, Oshow just hooked him up with Kozo once and RC pretty much just gets all the gear he can eat.

We at GT sponsored a ton of MX guys, and there was NEVER any money exchanged. (Except for MC, but there was a royalty deal with his sig bike).