Quantcast

***Hoarder Fritag GMT***

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Have to go out for first grocery in two weeks. Will assess the level of dumbassery in our neck of the woods.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Been working from home all week and my boss called last night to say they're kicking everyone out of the office because there was a confirmed case of COVID19. Definitely glad I've been home and hopefully not exposed to patient 0.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Working in a mostly vacated building. WFH will commence once I secure laptops for my staff. Wife is currently braving the grocery store and waiting her turn, as the elderly get first dibs.

I was so busy at work yesterday that I didn't really get to post much about my interview, and I know you guys like that shit. Anyway, this position is for the current manager who is retiring later this year, so I interviewed with him and the director. 60 minute interview took 90 minutes, so I figure that's a good thing. The interview could not have gone any better...I really nailed it. They seemed to like every answer I had, and they certainly liked all of my experience. At least twice the manager stated how impressed he was with my background. They said the hiring process is going to be a little more drawn out given the current state of things, which I certainly understand, but they also said if I interview somewhere else and get an offer, to let them know so they can have some discussions and move things along faster. They have a few more people to interview and will bring back the final couple of candidates for a face-to-face discussion. Stupid covid, holding shit up.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hello you wonderful people, and trolls.

nothing new to report here. It's a ghost town. I'd love it if it weren't so scary on the flipside. Gonna do some work then bail the heck out. Lots of WFH these days, mixed in with NWFH

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I should have been at home through the week but work was too busy so I was asked to come in, went back in to hiding after work each day.
I almost always get Fridays off because I am a crazy person that will quit if I have to work a whole five days in a row, four day weeks are better than a few months of five day weeks then quitting for extended periods.
Reliable sleep would be golden.

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

More WFH, doing as much as I can for a new employee who doesn't have and has been given very few responsibilities. Paycheck hit the bank today, so at least I know I still have a job in these trying times.

I think I shall bleed my rear brake today with the thoughts of riding this weekend. At least now when I hold everyone up I can attribute it to social distancing and not being a sad out of shape lump.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Life in limbo. Not bad, not great, expecting all news to be not great news.

Wife's usually calm but this is getting under her skin, and her mind races through all the worst case scenarios at the first sign of discomfort displayed by her or me. Gonna be long few weeks.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Working from home takes way longer. This is annoying. Also I move much less. On the bright side I got new wheels for my cheap hipster road bike and GF got a new road bike.

I dodged a bullet by moving from Cinema to TV last year.

btw. I've read German Sex Business is struggling and they ask for govt bailouts. While I know it's serious and those people need help it's hard to deny government bailout to sex workers is funny. Still a better idea than bailing out bankers even if both parties are here to fuck us.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
damn, I wish I needed gas.

SSDD here.
I have to wait for California to wake up so I can figure out how I'll continue to work with those folks. Sigh.

Made a slow cooker pot roast yesterday, I'll be eating that for a few. :drool:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

So the wife has been cleared to work from home, but she fears there might be some layoffs as the amount of work to do is minimal and with the closure of dental offices, there won't be many new claims coming in to process. My main concern is that is a lot of togetherness. Also, she will be using my desktop for work, so I might need to buy a second computer for myself should this contract end and I am full time on the market. This one was like $80 + monitor, so maybe $200 total.

What a glorious time to seek employment.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Have to go out for first grocery in two weeks. Will assess the level of dumbassery in our neck of the woods.
Mostly as usual at the market. Canned food alley was thin so was TP alley, but all fresh produce were plenty. Regular amount of people for a Friday morning. Only weird thing was seeing older people look at the floor when passing them, as if they were feeling bad about being out in public.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Mostly as usual at the market. Canned food alley was thin so was TP alley, but all fresh produce were plenty. Regular amount of people for a Friday morning. Only weird thing was seeing older people look at the floor when passing them, as if they were feeling bad about being out in public.
i'm well enough stocked that the only things i need to go out for is fresh produce and milk

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Tow truck or local deliveries with your (still valid?) CDL, my man.
I never got a CDL. The truck I drove was only 25k gvw, but it did have air brakes, so technically I wasn't supposed to be driving it without. Having one would be nice since my military bus license isn't valid. :rofl:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Won't be going anywhere soon except down further, IMO. Our local Costco: $1.59/gal. :panic:

Sadly, WE won't be going anywhere any time soon either. :(

We had planned a spring trip out west.
Our only major expenditure is usually fuel.
We have to stay in the safe zone I guess.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
we have a trip to Maine planned for end of July. hopefully that will stil happen.
My girl was just like "here's the total for our air bnb's to san fransisco & mexico" I just laughed.
I dont think we will be traveling at all this year & may be lucky to leave Jamestown...or lucky to be in Jamestown.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Got a message on skype this morning from my manager - "Chris... call me as soon as you see this". I was thinking, oh great what broke now. He handed me a new contract for my promotion, raise and new bonus level. Wasn't really expecting that at all given the ongoing situation... Oh well, no complaints here. I shall read over the papers tonight and enjoy a cold beer.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Got a message on skype this morning from my manager - "Chris... call me as soon as you see this". I was thinking, oh great what broke now. He handed me a new contract for my promotion, raise and new bonus level. Wasn't really expecting that at all given the ongoing situation... Oh well, no complaints here. I shall read over the papers tonight and enjoy a cold beer.
nice. Return that before HR gets shut down.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Got my nads snipped today, was surprised they didn't cancel it but I wanted to get it over with asap so I can get back on the Pistola before the real shit heat sets in. Procedure was a breeze, so no more mini-jackalopes, which is a blessing for me and society at large. Swimming in a glorious relaxing cloud of valium atm, which I highly recommend.

Really hope they don't cancel the localish dh spots this summer as I'm so ready to hulk smash some east coast rox.

Need some Netflix/Amazon recommendations. Man in the High Tower sounds like a leading candidate.