Quantcast

***Hoarder Fritag GMT***

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just got off a WebEx with over 150 people. People were asked to mute close to a dozen times and still couldn't figure it out. Is it that hard to not be functionally retarded? The nicest person I have ever known was even making snarky comments to me via chat.

Planning on ordering take-out tonight from one of Wifey's favorite local restaurants tonight in an effort to help keep it open. Probably the only type of non-essential spending we will be doing anytime soon with exception of getting a workout bike for Wifey. I'm waiting for Pelotons and Echelons to go on sale so she can do her workouts downstairs. I have a creeping feeling that I can get the PIF price over 1yr payments vs. their advertised rate, because it's a sale.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
:stupid:

People around here are planning bike trips south because Moab is closed. And using local FB group to plan carpools. :rolleyes:

This is why we can't have nice things and also why I believe it's inevitable that every state will announce a "shelter-in-place" order soon.
the one nice thing about working from home in my recliner is i can go from work time to nap time with the pull of a lever

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
I'm clipped and now sad the valium has worn off. Need to waddle out to bongo shed I guess.

So about this "shelter in place" thing...I suspect it may mean different things in different places, but it's going to a rough gig if they say you can't leave your tenement unless for food or emergencies (or you work in the healthcare, utility infrastructure, EMS, PoPo, etc..)

I think San Fran said it's cool to go solo walking/biking so you don't murder your spouse and/or kids, but I have a feeling that's the exception rather than the rule.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm clipped and now sad the valium has worn off. Need to waddle out to bongo shed I guess.

So about this "shelter in place" thing...I suspect it may mean different things in different places, but it's going to a rough gig if they say you can't leave your tenement unless for food or emergencies (or you work in the healthcare, utility infrastructure, EMS, PoPo, etc..)

I think San Fran said it's cool to go solo walking/biking so you don't murder your spouse and/or kids, but I have a feeling that's the exception rather than the rule.
We don't have a shelter in place rule, but there are tons of people outside walking the city. And everywhere groups of boomers closely socializing. Everyone else seem to have the sense to stay away from others.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Have to go out for first grocery in two weeks. Will assess the level of dumbassery in our neck of the woods.
MTL seems pretty sane and quiet atm. Was out this morning getting meds for my neighbor's kid and doing the similar 2-week grocery run for ourselves (and for them as they're quarantined due to coming back from Guadeloupe last week!)

Did you see any dumbassery?

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
MTL seems pretty sane and quiet atm. Was out this morning getting meds for my neighbor's kid and doing the similar 2-week grocery run for ourselves (and for them as they're quarantined due to coming back from Guadeloupe last week!)

Did you see any dumbassery?
Besides lineups at Costco and SAQ, nothing to report. A lot of Ontario plates in our village... they should probably stay the fuck home.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Besides lineups at Costco and SAQ, nothing to report. A lot of Ontario plates in our village... they should probably stay the fuck home.
What are they doing there? Did they make a wrong turn somewhere? Come to retreat in the countryside? Can't remember you were moving to – no longer in Blainville I take it. SADL? Saint-Sauveur, further north?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Just got back from the grocery store. Kinda dead, got everything on my list except snow peas.
I don’t need tp though, that aisle was shut. Deli was crank in’, take away sushi crankin, etc.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Damn I need some weekend. What a week. Wife sick, working to make sure the company is still there post corona and keeping the boys happy too. The kids really have done an amazing job. Wednesday was the low point.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
excellent day. everyone was on time, all the clients had on facemasks, I got done early. I have cold beer. Email that my coffee beans had shipped and will be here in two days. Ordering Greek Food to go from Demitris Taverna and I will tip them like I was dining in. Boss inspected all the vehicles to make sure all the required equipment was on board and got all the paperwork ready for tomorrows Vehicle inspections by the Insurance provider that has us transport their clients. All I have to do is be at work tomorrow for an hour to unlock , turn the vehicles on so that they can verify that the lights all work, lock em back up and go home then go ride and I get paid for a full day WIN

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
What are they doing there? Did they make a wrong turn somewhere? Come to retreat in the countryside? Can't remember you were moving to – no longer in Blainville I take it. SADL? Saint-Sauveur, further north?
SADL. Tourists were seen in St-Sauveur. Ski hills are closed so I wonder what they are doing here.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I felt guilty buying the last pint of fresh Blueberries. After I exited the store, I bolted to my car like a thief. Seemed reasonable. I was prepared to cough in anyone's general direction if confronted. It wasn't necessary... I Farted instead...

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Pandemics make for nice post work rides. Zero traffic to the mountains and back. Trails were rather busy, not your average mountain biker lusting after the first ride of the year. Mostly people who it was clear that this was their first ride in a decade. Spotted a showroom clean G.F. Sugar and a Titus Racer X. Both riders looked shell shocked and probably walked most everything.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Racer-x and sugar? That’s more like two decades!
Every few rides I pass someone who hasn't ridden in a long time, moved here from Michigan with a Michigan bike and thought it would be fun to go for a ride in the PNW. They are usually covered in dirt with wide pupils. I gently offer them my tools to drop their rigid seatposts and recommend they progress up through the easier trails.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Every few rides I pass someone who hasn't ridden in a long time, moved here from Michigan with a Michigan bike and thought it would be fun to go for a ride in the PNW. They are usually covered in dirt with wide pupils. I gently offer them my tools to drop their rigid seatposts and recommend they progress up through the easier trails.
"But I rode all the black trails in Michigan, no problem!"

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
@SkaredShtles sent a buddy up a couple years ago.... similar effect.

fit as hell, but not so thrilled with bumps and stuff in the trail