Quantcast

Holiday Bounus: Do you get one ?

Holiday Bouns

• Yup , I get one very Year.

Votes: 21 25.3%
  • I have gotten Them in the Past, But probaly not this year.

Votes: 19 22.9%
  • I haven't gottern them Before , But will get one this year.

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Nope , Never Seen one.

Votes: 37 44.6%

• Total voters

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
I don't get one very year, but I do get one every year. Around 10-15% of base is what I expect this year..

Edit: Actually, I dont know what a Bounus is now that I read carefully...I thought you were talking about a bonus..sorry..

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Xerox decided it's much more fair to give Anne Mulcahy several million dollars in bonuses every year than to give the employees anything.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I've gotten a small one each of the four years I've been at this company. I am hoping for a bigger one this year since I've been acting as the department manager for two years now and manager level and up get bigger bonuses.

BTW, this is our annual bonus plan that just happens to occur around the holidays. And lucky me gets to process them for the company so I get to see what everyone gets (sometimes I'd rather not know).

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
I checked "never seen one" because I've really never seen a real one.
My first year here I was around for 2 weeks and at Xmas they gave out huge bunuses to everyone and gave all the newbies like $100. THe next yeaar they put a stop to the bonuses and gave everyone $50... and its been like that ever since. $50 isn't an Xmas bonus, its a friggin joke.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
LOL! My holiday bonus is that I need to be at school lots of extra hours to set-up for and perform 8 concerts!
Suck it up princess!

:)
J/K
I always remember our chorus teacher for the week following the concerts would make our class a study hall.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I get $25. It's actually our company gift allotment that is given directly to us instead of spent on some stupid crap.

I do get 2-3K of bonuses over the rest of the year.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Suck it up princess!

:)
J/K
I always remember our chorus teacher for the week following the concerts would make our class a study hall.
Wow...she's a lot nicer than me ;) We generally have a little party, watch and critique our performance one day and then get back to practice!

berkshire_rider said:
I'll trade my holiday bonus any day for the summer off.
Tempting, but I do love my summers to myself (even though I work part-time).

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Wow...she's a lot nicer than me ;) We generally have a little party, watch and critique our performance one day and then get back to practice!
I think she was tired of working so she wanted a break.

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
I don't think I be gettin one this year....

'cause OMGF and I be goin' to Boston

therefore... us had to resign here.

It would be funny if I got a bonus after resigning.

Lex

Monkey
Dec 6, 2001
Massachusetts
We get a yearly bonus based on the performance of the company as a whole as well as our specific division. Depending on your pay grade, you have target percentage of your base pay that is your bonus. If the company does really well or really badly your percentage goes up or down accordingly. We've had some pretty damn good years and some average ones over the ten years I've been here.

-

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
I never got one before I start working for my current company. Have gotten one the past 2 years and hopefully this year as well. Should be around $1000 this year I think...

goofy

Monkey
Mar 20, 2004
olney md.
Wow I'll be lucky if where I work gets a pot luck party that we have to work through, which means go get some food for lunch and then get back to work asap some people do to time constraints don't even get time to eat. So a bonus is completely OUT OF THE QUESTION.

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
I started at this company 4 weeks before Christmas last year, and got a $200 bonus. I am hoping to get more this year, based on that fact. Our company does hold a really nice party, though, complete with dinner, live music, and the all-important 6-hour open bar! :cheers:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I started at this company 4 weeks before Christmas last year, and got a $200 bonus. I am hoping to get more this year, based on that fact. Our company does hold a really nice party, though, complete with dinner, live music, and the all-important 6-hour open bar! :cheers:
I remember the first company I worked for had a huge xmas party. I got this guy so lit he had to go to the hospital. Whoops!

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I am hoping I am going to get one from my new company. I have gotten one from every other job (besides Blockbuster) I have had. At my first software company job they gave me a $600 one. The web design company I got a $300 one. And with this new company (cell phone software development) I am hoping for a new phone or some cash. =]

vtjim

Beware of Milo & Otis
Jan 6, 2006
North Andover MA
I had money thrown at me last year by my company but probobly won't see as much this year.

I did just get a little "surprize" bonus today though becuase we had a good month last month. Nice.

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
We get a yearly bonus based on the performance of the company as a whole as well as our specific division. Depending on your pay grade, you have target percentage of your base pay that is your bonus. If the company does really well or really badly your percentage goes up or down accordingly. We've had some pretty damn good years and some average ones over the ten years I've been here.

-
I'm in this boat. Some years are huge others nada. This year was a so so year.

Yeti

Monkey
May 17, 2005
yeti cave@the beach
my bonus is the plane ticket to go home to see the family and my friends for two weeks..thanks mom!....it s the first time ii think i wouldn t trade the plane ticket for a new tricked out fork....really llokin forward to the 20th.