Quantcast

Holy crap! I lost 3000 posts!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I was hoping to hit five digits, too :mumble:

So, where'd they go? The giant solid-state memory chip in the sky, where 1's and 0's can rest in a non-volatile state, unchanged for all eternity?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
HAHAHAHA...what the hell?

I'm guessing they are only counting quality posts now, which explains why I dropped from almost 23k to 7K. :p I still think they're being generous.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I Are Baboon said:
I'm guessing they are only counting quality posts now, which explains why I dropped from almost 23k to 7K. :p I still think they're being generous.
Um, if that were the case, S.S.'s post count would be down in the double digits ;)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Yeah, mine is 10-11-2005, but same deal... I haven't posted 6+ thousand in a month and a half.

RM probably just dumped a lot of the posts in the archive.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Haha suckers. I ran the Update Counts script. When stuff gets deleted, it doesn't always automatically reflect in your post count, and this script goes and updates all the post counts, thread counts, member counts, etc. So for those of you who are missing 3000 posts...they're the crap ones that have been deleted over time...way to go! :p

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Ridemonkey said:
Haha suckers. I ran the Update Counts script. When stuff gets deleted, it doesn't always automatically reflect in your post count, and this script goes and updates all the post counts, thread counts, member counts, etc. So for those of you who are missing 3000 posts...they're the crap ones that have been deleted over time...way to go! :p
When you say "deleted", do you also mean purged from history?

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Ridemonkey said:
N8 sits at 9k and you sit here and try to tell us our crap has been flushed. Bad monkey.....

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Ridemonkey said:
That too possibly. It hasn't been run in ages, which is why the counts changed so drastically.
Well there is no way I've had 15k posts deleted due to inappropriate material, so I'm guessing the purged history is to blame.

Edit: I'm also assuming long time active members will be more affected than newer ones.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I Are Baboon said:
Well there is no way I've had 15k posts deleted due to inappropriate material, so I'm guessing the purged history is to blame.
Yeah, I'm thinking I probably haven't had 3k posts individually deleted. I can only think of 3 times I've had a post moderated anyway :p

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Yeah, must include posts that have been purged over the years.

I have to say this wasn't intentional, I was just doing some routine maintenance...but it is kind of funny to see how important post counts are to some people. :D

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
I Are Baboon said:

Edit: I'm also assuming long time active members will be more affected than newer ones.
Think of all the people that have been deleting their won threads lately... so it's probably not just the 'moderated' post.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Ridemonkey said:
but it is kind of funny to see how important post counts are to some people. :D
Haha.. I don't really care, just was suprised to see them all go at once, but I bet you'll get some angry PMs from BrianHCM on the subject ;)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Ridemonkey said:
but it is kind of funny to see how important post counts are to some people. :D
It was my reason for living, god dammit! 4+ years of hard work gone down the crapper! :mumble:

:blah:

(holy crap, I've been here that long?)