Quantcast

Honda RN01 frameset

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Humm, that'd be great if it is, I wouldn't argue. Considering what a Lahar (although a differnt bike) sells for now, that'd be a price hard to pass up.
I am betting it will be an impressively low price. Whats a highend frame cost now, 2800? Take that and tack on about $750-800 for the gearbox. I'd imagine the $3800 figure above is a good bet.

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
I am betting it will be an impressively low price. Whats a highend frame cost now, 2800? Take that and tack on about $750-800 for the gearbox. I'd imagine the $3800 figure above is a good bet.
3800 seems a little too low to me.

high end frame - 2600msrp,
750-800 gear box.
(Rear hub / chain / Cranks included in the kit?)
1400 high end fork (comparably speaking with other high end forks)

you're at ~5000 there. Depending on how main stream Honda wants these to be i can see it fluctuating around that figure.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
3800 seems a little too low to me.

high end frame - 2600msrp,
750-800 gear box.
(Rear hub / chain / Cranks included in the kit?)
1400 high end fork (comparably speaking with other high end forks)

you're at ~5000 there. Depending on how main stream Honda wants these to be i can see it fluctuating around that figure.
I was just going off what the guy said above about no fork included, which i can see.

Rover Nick

Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
I think that they should either keep it super exclusive to keep the mestique of the RN01, or they should at least offer a cheaper version where they do replace the carbon with plastic and stuff like that to really help get the ball rolling for gearboxes

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I think that they should either keep it super exclusive to keep the mestique of the RN01, or they should at least offer a cheaper version where they do replace the carbon with plastic and stuff like that to really help get the ball rolling for gearboxes
The production bike will have plastic, it's in the thread.

Anyways, I'm sure Honda isn't too concerned with the "mestique" (mesquite?) of the RN01.

dhjapan

Chimp
Jun 9, 2007
I had heard a figure of around 800,000 yen being thrown around over here but that was a while ago. I had heard rumours that Honda were going to release it before the start of the Japan race season but that didn't happen!! I can't remember for sure but I think I heard that the frameset would include the fork too (Showa). Here in Japan I think there are 3 forks that are/have been used on the Honda.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
without hubs? The lahar frameset (at barest minimum) comes with the rear hub, no shock or gearbox, unsure about chain and cranks though - and at that level they're definately a lot less than US$4500.
I was qouted 6490nzd for frame, rohloff, rr hub, cranks, shock, etc. (basic build kit). That comes out to about 4861usd not including shipping. My bad on not including the rear hub.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
does anybody know if they're just selling the frameset or complete?

I'd be willing to bet they'd do a complete bike, unless it's officially been stated.

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
As Knightchild stated,the bare minimum frame package,this includes rear hub,headset,BB bearings and shock. That's it.
Your quote was for the basic build kit,Rohloff,rear hub,Saint cranks,shock,chains,BB,Headset,rear hub,sprockets,bacsiclly the whole drive train.

dhjapan

Chimp
Jun 9, 2007
Can't say where I'm hearing it from but somewhere in Japan. Price has been decided and its not cheap.

dhjapan

Chimp
Jun 9, 2007
Yeah I know what the exchange rate is, but I'm talking about the price of the bike to buy in the US (the price that the dealers will be selling it for). It usually isn't a straight conversion using the exchange rates!!!!

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Yeah I know what the exchange rate is, but I'm talking about the price of the bike to buy in the US (the price that the dealers will be selling it for). It usually isn't a straight conversion using the exchange rates!!!!
True,

Ever look at the price of a bike in the U.K. and convert it to U.S.D.:crazy: