Quantcast

Honda RN01 frameset

SPDR

Monkey
Apr 21, 2006
Engerland
True,
Ever look at the price of a bike in the U.K. and convert it to U.S.D.:crazy:
It's usually something close to a 1:1 ratio which, with the virtual 2:1 $ to £ ratio at the moment, is why there's a lot of us buying things in the US of A with a free riding holiday thrown in.

Demomonkey

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
Auckland New Zealand
Turns out that they will be offering both frame or complete bike!!! Available around Feb.
Who are you and where are you getting your information from? Are you able to post anything to support the claims you are making?

Not disrespecting, just wanting some evidence to back up all this e-speculation. Thanks.

Mlody

Monkey
Feb 25, 2006
London - UK
Who are you and where are you getting your information from? Are you able to post anything to support the claims you are making?

Not disrespecting, just wanting some evidence to back up all this e-speculation. Thanks.
Just trust him. Everybody who knows something will not tell you anything more because it's secret, and we don't want our friends to lose job.

dhjapan

Chimp
Jun 9, 2007
Hi Demomonkey
Rather not say who I am or where I get my info from, but fair enough, I see your point.

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
i saw in the dutch edition off the top gear magazine that the honda bike will set you back for arround 7.500 euro's for the complete bike.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Not only was there no word, but Honda has pulled out of Eurobike.
what do you think that this implies? i still want a honda frameset, and not that wal-mart branded one that people love to post :twitch:

E.C.

Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
South Central Pa.
Please, come on people, how many years has that bike been raced by pro's. how long have they been teasing the public with it? they have no plans to produce that bike. As much as we all love the sport of DH, it is a niche sport with a small cult following. why would they even bother. Honda mass produces quality products and sells them for reasonable prices. IE. moto bikes ,sport bikes, cars etc. how could a high end DH frame set be even remotly cost effective.So then you are thinking, why did they do it in the first place? maybe a test bed for an automatic moto trany in it's first incarnation,who knows.why then continue on with the simple derailiure in a box design, my guess would be advertising for the brand, plain and simple,probablly sold loads of cars and motorcycles to DHers over the last several years.but then that is all speculation. I for one am not going to spend another night dreaming about that bike.

tuumbaq

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Squamish BC
Please, come on people, how many years has that bike been raced by pro's. how long have they been teasing the public with it? they have no plans to produce that bike. As much as we all love the sport of DH, it is a niche sport with a small cult following. why would they even bother. Honda mass produces quality products and sells them for reasonable prices. IE. moto bikes ,sport bikes, cars etc. how could a high end DH frame set be even remotly cost effective.So then you are thinking, why did they do it in the first place? maybe a test bed for an automatic moto trany in it's first incarnation,who knows.why then continue on with the simple derailiure in a box design, my guess would be advertising for the brand, plain and simple,probablly sold loads of cars and motorcycles to DHers over the last several years.but then that is all speculation. I for one am not going to spend another night dreaming about that bike.
Well my guess is because they are smart people and they realized one day motocross is going to be ban in a lot of different countries...I dont think they would need to run an entire MTB program just for testing trannnies for their dirt bikes...They have plenty of $$$ to waste if they need to...Please come on Honda, how many years will you make us wait ;) !

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Well my guess is because they are smart people and they realized one day motocross is going to be ban in a lot of different countries...I dont think they would need to run an entire MTB program just for testing trannnies for their dirt bikes...They have plenty of $$$ to waste if they need to...Please come on Honda, how many years will you make us wait ;) !
You are RIGHT on the money! The 2 stroke GREEN sticker was only the start.

factorymx

Monkey
Jul 24, 2007
motocross will never be banned in the major racing countries UK, US, belgium, aus, canada etc... and slowly they are getting rid of the 2 strokes almost every bike in the lites class is a 4 stroke now and honda also makes a 4 stroke for the 80CC (mini) class

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
motocross will never be banned in the major racing countries UK, US, belgium, aus, canada etc... and slowly they are getting rid of the 2 strokes almost every bike in the lites class is a 4 stroke now and honda also makes a 4 stroke for the 80CC (mini) class
Thats some good sentence building. :busted:

Honda has killed all of there two strokes for 08.

The CRF150 is not mini class legal though.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
For the same reason car companies take huge losses on flagship top-tier models that few people buy (See: Chevrolet Corvette, Ford GT, etc). It gets people "in" with the brand and familiar with Honda products. I'm willing to bet the Honda marketing team sees a lot of crossover between MX and DH riders...

factorymx

Monkey
Jul 24, 2007
Thats some good sentence building. :busted:

Honda has killed all of there two strokes for 08.

The CRF150 is not mini class legal though.
The 07 CRF150 is race legal. they are running them at loretta lyyns and all. Look at what justin barcia is running.

tuumbaq

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Squamish BC
Im not saying it'll happen anytime soon, neigther do I pretend to know exactly why Honda are investing money in MTB, its just a thought I had and still, think it makes a lot of sense. Who know what's its gonna be in 20 years ... I don't think it'll always be seen as a good thing to BURN FUEL FOR FUN, cause thats all dirt bikes are for no? Fun?

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
A. Never say never.
B. The end of this year all NON HIGHWAY functioning diesels will be required to pass smog. That is very scary; just imagine if you bought a $1.5 MIL John Deere harvester and it was not built with these regulations in mind? Regretfully I can see this occuring down the road. Hopefully not but there is always a chance.

factorymx

Monkey
Jul 24, 2007
What do diesels have to do with the 4 stroke motorcycles they run soo clean especially compared to the 2 stroke bikes. I have a duramax diesel and she will hardly blow smoke unless im towing alot, and slowly you will start to see more pumps with the bio diesel. which will run alot cleaner...