Quantcast

Hooking up the RMDH First! Thread

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
Ack, I don't think that'll work. Appreciate the offer.
You might be able move the buttercup assembly off your current air shaft onto the one he has (you can buy the air shafts both with and without the buttercups, and the difference is like ~$40). Depends which model of Zeb his came off, and what one you have. To move it you need the shaft clamps (I think it's the normal 10mm), a pair of Knipex, and I think a T25.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Does anyone have an OG CCDB Coil in 216 x 63 mm (8.5 x 2.5) that they want to part with? The first generation w/o climb switch.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I'm going to part with my DVOs, Jade 230x65 $100, Jade X 8.5x2.5 $100, some kind of spring between 400-450. Ohlins TTX22 230x65 $350 430 spring.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Oh werd, I would be down to do that. Are the lengths the same between both forks?
I don't think they are cos the stanchions are different lengths and the sealhead is different also. The air spring shafts on both are the same diameter, and you can cut them to adjust the length if you're not too silly about it (might require retapping if you go too nuts)

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
I don't think they are cos the stanchions are different lengths and the sealhead is different also. The air spring shafts on both are the same diameter, and you can cut them to adjust the length if you're not too silly about it (might require retapping if you go too nuts)
Any idea if you can mount a Lyrik sealhead on a Zeb 170 shaft and use it in the Lyrik lowers? I actually prefer the feel of Lyrik, and would love to put one on my Nomad instead of the Zeb.

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Any idea if you can mount a Lyrik sealhead on a Zeb 170 shaft and use it in the Lyrik lowers? I actually prefer the feel of Lyrik, and would love to put one on my Nomad instead of the Zeb.
If you have the D1 Lyrik I'd be wary they didn't change the stanchion length or something in the CSU hey. They limited them to 160mm air springs but I dunno if thats because they changed the stanchion length or just because the increase in neg air volume on the D1 spring limits the maximum available

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
If you have the D1 Lyrik I'd be wary they didn't change the stanchion length or something in the CSU hey. They limited them to 160mm air springs but I dunno if thats because they changed the stanchion length or just because the increase in neg air volume on the D1 spring limits the maximum available
I should have a lyrik air cart out there a couple...I can see if the shafts are interchangeable based on throw...I'll dig em out of back at some point tomorrow and check...
I think there's a lyrik on bench as well, I can take a look at it and see..

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
I noticed I couldn't find a 170mm air shaft. Of course they only sell air shafts with buttercups, which my fork doesn't have. Maybe I'm just stuck with 160mm.

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
I noticed I couldn't find a 170mm air shaft. Of course they only sell air shafts with buttercups, which my fork doesn't have. Maybe I'm just stuck with 160mm.
From their spec sheets, they don't sell / make the D1 Lyrik in 170. But like you I'd love to have one, so curious to see if we can hack one together with parts from a Zeb 170 shaft. No idea if it'll fit in the upper though. Assuming it'll fit, it is possible to buy Zeb air shafts without the Buttercups for ~$40, or complete ones with Buttercups for ~$90. If you get the non-Buttercups one, you need to move over either the Buttercups, or the spacer (if you've got an OEM Select+ fork), from your current shaft.

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
You can buy the previous model (C1) airshafts all the way up to 180mm so if they work that would be easier than trying the Zeb one. From memory the buttercup assemblies are a bitch to pull apart. Could just get one of the earlier Lyrik airshafts and do that, personally I'd probably get whatever model works with a Luftkappe and send that.