Quantcast

}}}}}} Hot as hell Wednesday GTM ///////

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
So my father recently relocated. He did it with my trailbike for some odd reason so I asked if he can change the headset and check if there is anything to be done on the bike since he used to be a car, motorbike and bike mechanic and he was good. He said he will find a better headset and that he will give the bike a full service. I took the bike from him and: He bought a crank bros headset, One part didn't fit so he used a part from another headset that's too big so I need to buy new headset. From the stuff he didn't notice: The fork and shock need a full service, the drivetrain is as deregulated as humanly possible, the brake lever needs a new piston, he switched the right and left lever for some idiotic reason. FML. I thought I had one less bike I need to service, not 50% of a bike I need to build from the ground up.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
So my father recently relocated. He did it with my trailbike for some odd reason so I asked if he can change the headset and check if there is anything to be done on the bike since he used to be a car, motorbike and bike mechanic and he was good. He said he will find a better headset and that he will give the bike a full service. I took the bike from him and: He bought a crank bros headset, One part didn't fit so he used a part from another headset that's too big so I need to buy new headset. From the stuff he didn't notice: The fork and shock need a full service, the drivetrain is as deregulated as humanly possible, the brake lever needs a new piston, he switched the right and left lever for some idiotic reason. FML. I thought I had one less bike I need to service, not 50% of a bike I need to build from the ground up.
Thanks Dad.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
every time I read about movie pass
:rofl:
This is startup mentality 101. "we will get users and somehow make money then" but their funding was too weak to handle bleeding milions of dollars each month like Uber does (how do they stil lose money is beyond me). Though yeah movie pass is funny. It costs less than local cinema chain subscription in Poland. You know a country where imax tickets cost 11$ and the avrage ticket price is 6$

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
conclusion....philly suburbs make colfax avenue in denver seem like 5th avenue in nyc.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Went to sleep at 12:00. Baby started crying at 11:58. Actually went to sleep at 1:30. Woke up at 6:30. Squeaked in 30min before leaving the house this am. FTS is around 9.

Currently at Monterey Bay Aquarium watching Haley lose her mind. Wifey's stepmom works at the research side, so we get to see adtl cool stuff. Es muy bueno.

Tomorrow we sleep. Trip to SF sans kids.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Oregon folk - going to Bend over Labor Day weekend. What trails should be on the list?
@jimmydean

Last edited:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Hey @SkaredShtles remember that one ride we did about 4 years ago that nearly killed us? The one where the only thing that saved us were the expired gu things I had tucked in my pack? Yeah well... the leader of the CTR just hit the gnarly hike-a-bike up that cirque near the end of that Cataract section (just before the high point of the CT) this morning...

...from Denver
...after three straight days of riding
...on a single speed

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Hey @SkaredShtles remember that one ride we did about 4 years ago that nearly killed us? The one where the only thing that saved us were the expired gu things I had tucked in my pack?
I does. So much excellent.

Yeah well... the leader of the CTR just hit the gnarly hike-a-bike up that cirque near the end of that Cataract section (just before the high point of the CT) this morning...

...from Denver
...after three straight days of riding
...on a single speed
:think: :think: :fie::fie::fie:

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Went to sleep at 12:00. Baby started crying at 11:58. Actually went to sleep at 1:30. Woke up at 6:30. Squeaked in 30min before leaving the house this am. FTS is around 9.

Currently at Monterey Bay Aquarium watching Haley lose her mind. Wifey's stepmom works at the research side, so we get to see adtl cool stuff. Es muy bueno.

Tomorrow we sleep. Trip to SF sans kids.
You probably don’t have time, but Gilroy gardens is awesome for kids and I had fun too.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
At lunch today my friend of 23 years came out and told me he smashed into my car and didn't tell me. I made him pay for lunch. Got to admit Panera Breads salads are delicious...

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You probably don’t have time, but Gilroy gardens is awesome for kids and I had fun too.
We've done it in the past. No time this trip though.

Wifey's from Aptos and the family farm was in Watsonville, so we've done most everything in the immediate area.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Too wet to ride so I went for a hike. There was only a 30% chance of rain. Of which, I received all of it. Beats sitting inside looking out the window, I guess.

Anybody got a sponge ?

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Guy I was going to ride with tonight bailed because his dog has explosive diarrhea. Unclear if I have motivation to go solo on a shitty feeling ankle or not.

@Westy, you want that trainer back?
Update: having a three way in the woods with my bike.

IMG_20180801_175509_882.jpg

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
We've done it in the past. No time this trip though.

Wifey's from Aptos and the family farm was in Watsonville, so we've done most everything in the immediate area.
Right on. I lived on fort ord for a year. Lots of partying and no college.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
SEA-DEN. Alaska first class had an absolutely ridiculous amount of legroom.

8FD5E0DC-7099-4BC0-B87E-DBE950226C7E.jpeg
FF277FEC-A899-474F-B224-6CAC835BC0F3.jpeg