Quantcast

Houston Monkeys - Get the hell out

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
SkaredShtles said:
People everywhere need to calm teh **** down. Folks - it's not Armageddon. It's expensive gas. BFD. :mad:
I like the 'spensive gase. keeps more fools off the road. The new motorcycle got 75mpg on the first tank of gas, I just want the rain to stay away.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
sweet that puts houston on the clean side of the storm.
i'm good westy thanks.

i biked down to I-10, this traffic is headed in the SA direction BUT they are still inside loop 610. People are being stuck in traffic their cars are just plain running out of gas sitting in traffic.
the other pic is of I-45 in downtown headed to dallas (24 hour est travel time.) i talked to guy in the white truck. he left clear lake at 8:30 this morning it was now 1pm. that's about 4 1/2 hours for less than a normal hour trip.
OH BTW that I-10 shot is the same place the 18-wheeler's were floating in water during Allison a couple of years back.

Attachments

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Some interesting news coming across my desk.

Automotive News said:
Texas dealers brace for Hurricane Rita

Some move vehicles to multi-story garages

Gail Kachadourian

CLICK HERE

Texas auto dealers with stores in the predicted path of Hurricane Rita worked frantically Thursday to secure their businesses.

Rita, a Category 5 hurricane, is expected to reach land late Friday or early Saturday in the Gulf Coast region of Texas and southwest Louisiana.

With Hurricane Katrina's devastation of large areas of Louisiana and Mississippi fresh in their minds, some dealers in Houston and Galveston are moving their inventories to multilevel garages to protect them from flooding.

"I talked to one dealer who worked out a deal with a big shopping center area to put his cars there because they are on higher ground than his dealership," says Walter Wainwright, president of the Houston Automobile Dealers Association.

Wainright estimates that more than a fourth of Texas' 1,300 new-vehicle dealerships could be in harm's way because of Rita. Those stores employ about 40,000 people. They sell more than 500,000 new and used vehicles and service nearly 2 million vehicles a year, Wainright adds.

Alan Helfman, vice president of his father Jack's three Houston dealerships -- Helfman's River Oaks Chrysler-Jeep, Helfman Dodge and Helfman Ford -- says he plans to close those stores today.

Helfman says he is storing vehicles in the garages of each of the three dealerships. He has hired security guards to protect his store from potential looters. He has taken down some of the stores' signs so they won't blow away in high winds, he adds.

"We're expecting electricity to be out for no less than a week, maybe two," Helfman told Automotive News. "My hope is it's not too bad, and we can get going
Just getting in the "projected path" kills business here. When we are officially under a Hurricane Warning we close the place up and send everyone home. Our company is great as we pay folks for those days (so far). But can you imagine those that dont? How bad would you be if your work place had to shut down for 1,2-5 days, a week, a month because there was no power, no customers.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
The Toninator said:
sweet that puts houston on the clean side of the storm.
i'm good westy thanks.

i biked down to I-10, this traffic is headed in the SA direction BUT they are still inside loop 610. People are being stuck in traffic their cars are just plain running out of gas sitting in traffic.
the other pic is of I-45 in downtown headed to dallas (24 hour est travel time.) i talked to guy in the white truck. he left clear lake at 8:30 this morning it was now 1pm. that's about 4 1/2 hours for less than a normal hour trip.
OH BTW that I-10 shot is the same place the 18-wheeler's were floating in water during Allison a couple of years back.
Dude, you're gonna make us worry here.

Thanks for the roving reporter schtick, NOW GET THE F8CK OUTTA THERE!

:D

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
H8R said:
Dude, you're gonna make us worry here.

Thanks for the roving reporter schtick, NOW GET THE F8CK OUTTA THERE!

:D
honestly i'm going to be fine but thanks. the roving reporter thing is pretty cool. i've been talking to people in the gas lines, grocery lines and traffic. most people are pretty cool and wana talk cuz their board.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
The Toninator said:
honestly i'm going to be fine but thanks.

Ok, but to put it into my perspective, I could not be that cool if I knew an 8.0 earthquake was on the way in 24 hours.

:monkey:

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
The Toninator said:
honestly i'm going to be fine but thanks. the roving reporter thing is pretty cool. i've been talking to people in the gas lines, grocery lines and traffic. most people are pretty cool and wana talk cuz their board.

Start a blog and become famous.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
SkaredShtles said:
Dude - it *might* put Houston on the clean side. Or it will do whatever the f**k it wants and paste Houston.

Seriously - you should leave.
I measured it on Google earth, the project path misses DT Houston by about 60 miles...

NOAA WEBSITE said:
HURRICANE FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 85 MILES...140 KM...
FROM THE CENTER...AND TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP
TO 185 MILES...295 KM.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
N8 said:
We are going to get 10-12 inches of rain out of this storm here in the ArkLaTex...

So much for riding this weekend.

:(
Road ride, its kind of fun in the rain as long as it isn't cold out. I doubt cold is a problem down there in the third ring of hell.

J

JRB

Westy said:
Road ride, its kind of fun in the rain as long as it isn't cold out. I doubt cold is a problem down there in the third ring of hell.
I may need to drill a weep hole in my bottom bracket shell.

J

JRB

N8 said:
Is Hello Kitty shacking up with loco for the duration of the storm...

:p
Nope - he says he's staying too, but I put an open invite to the houston peeps.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Officials are instructing those dumb enough to stay in the path of the storm to write their social secuarity numbers on their fore arms with a permanent marker to make ID'ing your body easier.

I say it's the least you could do...

J

JRB

N8 said:
Officials are instructing those dumb enough to stay in the path of the storm to write their social secuarity numbers on their fore arms with a permanent marker to make ID'ing your body easier.

Good think you're not there. You would need Mz N8 to write it for you.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
N8 said:

I'd recomend scratching it into your forehead with a broken shard of glass.

J

JRB

Westy said:
If this "game" is you making an ass of yourself on the intarweb, then yes, please stop.
Actually the game is making you think I am an ass. Am I winning???