Quantcast

How far are your trails from you?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I used to live 10 minutes ride from great trails, most of which connected and were long, with little traffic and lots of good features. I would ride pretty much every day, even if it was for a mile or two real quick.

Now, even though I'm not far from trails (15 minutes in the car), I ride considerably less just because it's a much bigger ordeal to ride. Even though it's not really 'far' to any trails, it was just so nice living so close!

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
x-c trails start right off my driveway. You can access 25 to 30 miles of x-c from my house or from anywhere in Lake Placid.
Whiteface Mountain Bike Park with 2,426 feet of lift service vert and the best pump track in the sate is only a 10 minute drive.
Dirt Jumps are a 10 minute drive too.

Within a 5 hour drive you can get to anywhere in the North East.

I still like Moab, Bootleg Canyon and Sedona but things are happening big time up here for mountain biking.

Last edited:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Dang you guys... I really need to move out of so cal. I am really envious of some of you who live in bike friendly locations or close to awesome trails.

For the So Calers who asked, I am in Rancho Cucamonga. I am going to be forced into a road bike if I keep living here.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Dang you guys... I really need to move out of so cal. I am really envious of some of you who live in bike friendly locations or close to awesome trails.

For the So Calers who asked, I am in Rancho Cucamonga. I am going to be forced into a road bike if I keep living here.

That's the only thing I would change about So Cal is better riding. Some trees would be nice. The whole dust and rocks thing can get old.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I'm pretty lucky when it comes to local rides. Palmer Park is a 10 minute ride from the house, and there are tons of other great rides accessible by car in less than 30 minutes. Tons of big mountain stuff (Keystone, Winter Park etc..)are only like 2 hours a way,