Quantcast

How much did the NY Spankees pay for that Pitcher?

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Yankees suck.

This cannot be stated frequently enough.

With any luck, I'm getting to catch a Sox game in Anaheim with about a dozen fellow Sox fans on Friday. :monkeydance:

Last edited:

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
I guarantee you that the Yankees will be so far out of the playoff picture this year that it will make the Royals look good.

You can't win the world series just because you spent $442 million in the off season.

Just one more season of the Yankees thinking that money will solve everything instead of holding on to players for more than a year or really building up their prospects and AAA players. It has got to be one hell of a mind f**k for a first year player or for a veteran playing for the Yankees for the first time. Let them get settled in before you give them the boot.

I would laugh my ass off if the new Yankees stadium were hit by lightning and burnt to the ground. My dream for 2009.

That is why I like Boston. Sure they will spend a ton of money but they believe in their farm system and they hold on to players for more than one season. Ellsbury, Pedroia and Buckholtz are coming to mind.

It's going to be a great season this year.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I guarantee you that the Yankees will be so far out of the playoff picture this year that it will make the Royals look good.

You can't win the world series just because you spent $442 million in the off season.

Just one more season of the Yankees thinking that money will solve everything instead of holding on to players for more than a year or really building up their prospects and AAA players. It has got to be one hell of a mind f**k for a first year player or for a veteran playing for the Yankees for the first time. Let them get settled in before you give them the boot.

I would laugh my ass off if the new Yankees stadium were hit by lightning and burnt to the ground. My dream for 2009.

That is why I like Boston. Sure they will spend a ton of money but they believe in their farm system and they hold on to players for more than one season. Ellsbury, Pedroia and Buckholtz are coming to mind.

It's going to be a great season this year.
Aaaaaannndd I have a new signature.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley

Just one more season of the Yankees thinking that money will solve everything instead of holding on to players for more than a year or really building up their prospects and AAA players.
Surprisingly, their total payroll actually went down from 2008. :twitch:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Because of this thread, instead of being the nice, non-confrontational, forgiving soul, I am going to spout crap about all the Boston teams for the rest of the year!!!!!!!!!!!

19-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
aww my stalker decided to make an appearance. :cupidarrow:

and yeah, i would be rather disappointed if a yankee fan was happy with that performance... i still don't see what that has to do with my point though?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
It is just talk. Frankly, I won't read a Yankees story until September, and I can't sit through any game without falling asleep.

But I always have time to harass Red Sox fans.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
aww my stalker decided to make an appearance. :cupidarrow:

and yeah, i would be rather disappointed if a yankee fan was happy with that performance... i still don't see what that has to do with my point though?
well first off, i never took eric as a sox fan, and he started the thread. 2nd, it was a fellow pinstripe lover who piled on w/ the (disgustly explicit) content.