Quantcast

How was Beacon? Post pics here.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
So how was it? Post some pics and how you did. Our crew decided not to go, maybe next time.

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
Just got back. My bro Rob ran blocker with the radar detector so we made it back in just over 4 hrs. Man am I beat. The course took it's toll on alot of riders this weekend. Broken legs, ankles, feet and ribs just to name a few. I'll let them tell their own stories. Great weather, good runs and a pretty damn good time. As for myself I moved up about 4 spots in placement at 13 outta 23 in my class (30-39 expert). Could've been better if I didn't slip on my second run. None the less I'm still pretty stoked. Here are a few pics of the last section where some of the carnage took place. The pictures are in reverse order in relation to the course. Not quite sure why.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Cory,

Sorry to have seen you broken. Heal up quick so we can ride again!

I just got back and have 200+ pics to sort... ill put the better ones out there and a list of the numbers i can see....

always great to see everyone..... next race PA.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
did anyone here ride the dj contest. joe (from the ufc) did a cool no footed back flip. and some guy was jumping an old gary fisher level betty

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Who is that on the Ventana and Go-Ride stickers? The pics of the big jump at the bottom are great. Was the jump part of the race? Who had the fastest time of the day?

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Here's more photos - I'll post a link to a gallery later tonight. Most of my shots are Pro/Experts since I'm a Sport rider and couldn't get the sport/beginners.

Richard Mukai

Nick (?)

Oly

Clinton

Carolyn

Ben or Eakin - I think Ben

SebringMGB

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Washington
pretty good weekend, horribly out of shape... decent race runs for me, my best was 1:22 the the highlight had to be plowing down bambi at 50 mph in the subaru on the way home.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Five said:
Here's more photos - I'll post a link to a gallery later tonight. Most of my shots are Pro/Experts since I'm a Sport rider and couldn't get the sport/beginners.

Oly

Cool. Can you mail me a full sizer? I have some to send to you as well. Check PM for my e-mail Address.

D

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Kanter said:
Who is that on the Ventana and Go-Ride stickers? The pics of the big jump at the bottom are great. Was the jump part of the race? Who had the fastest time of the day?
Boe

Yes

No

Kim Eakin. Only one to break 2:00.

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Five said:

Ben or Eakin - I think Ben
Pretty sure that's a TLD helmet, so that would make it Ben.

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Definitely a good time. It was great to see everyone and of course be out on the bike.

Only downfall for me is that I'm scratching like mad this morning because I broke out in hives from the neoprene in the transponder/lo-jac strap. Even over my stupid socks that stuff still irritates my skin....f'ing annoying as hell allergy! :mumble:

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
oly said:
Kim was #5, and theres more than one number on that plate....
So I guess the moral of the story is that we should tell the bobsey twins to at least have one thing on their helmet/bike/etc. that distinguishes them from each other :p

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Velocity Girl said:
So I guess the moral of the story is that we should tell the bobsey twins to at least have one thing on their helmet/bike/etc. that distinguishes them from each other :p
It gets so confusing sometimes. I also get confused when riders use one jersey for practice and another for race runs.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Velocity Girl said:
Funny thing is i got the same thing about our team...... "you all look the same.... how do ya tell each other apart??"

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
oly said:
thats why i ponied up and bought 2 jerseys this year....
And that way if you crash in practice you don't have to announce it during your race run .... hehehe! (but I wouldn't know anything about that, nope, not me ;) )

Slider

Monkey
May 23, 2004
Moscow, ID
Speaking of pics did anyone get a picture of Damage inc.'s ERIC HATCH coming down the hill his with shirt unbuttoned? That's is how you spell SEXY

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Slider said:
Speaking of pics did anyone get a picture of Damage inc.'s ERIC HATCH coming down the hill his with shirt unbuttoned? That's is how you spell SEXY
Black shirt? If yes, I got one - I'll have a link up to a gallery tonight.

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
hey slider was that a pic of you with your shirt off coming down i saw?? wtf
i kinda wish i had gone but i have projects due...

the pics of eric are sweet though, i need to hit that jump next time were there

Slider

Monkey
May 23, 2004
Moscow, ID
allsk8sno said:
hey slider was that a pic of you with your shirt off coming down i saw?? wtf
i kinda wish i had gone but i have projects due...

the pics of eric are sweet though, i need to hit that jump next time were there

No that wasn't me Damage inc. used this race to decide how we want our team uniform/jerseys to look the jurry is out these are the styles that our Research and development team implimented.

1. Professinal Moto-X (more traditional moto jeresey's, armour head to toe, Full face helmet and gogles this look protrays a general profesionalism and says you don't know if I have any ability at all to ride but I sure as hell look like it.....wanna play....)

2. Billy Bad Ass (super cool look the kinda guy who knows something you don't, black sleeve less shirt, no armour, gloss black full face with black sunglass's)

3. Pump your own damn gas!! ( a simplistic look that says I don't know Karate but I DO know KRRRAZZY!!!, it consist of a simple dickies work shirt unbuttoned with no under shirt or armour of any type *this includes uppers and lowers* and a over sized basic skate board helmet with no function other than... NORBA MADE ME WEAR IT!!

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
bibs said:
sucked ass! i am wrecked now...my shoulder is funked! :(
Ugh, :( Bibs I torqued myself there last year....

How are you doing? I couldn't stand the stupid sling by Monday afternoon...did they put you in a sling?

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
RhinofromWA said:
Ugh, :( Bibs I torqued myself there last year....

How are you doing? I couldn't stand the stupid sling by Monday afternoon...did they put you in a sling?
He was wearing some ghetto-rigged sling so I gave him one of mine...I carry a spare...you know, just in case. :D

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
It started out with at least 15 women there...then decreased as the weekend went by with injuries! :rolleyes: Hope all the girls that got banged up are feeling better!

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Kanter said:
Boe Mcgee is on the Ventana.