Quantcast

Hummer H3? Will we hate these owners too?

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
kidwoo said:
Those things are already all over the place up here. When winter hits, they'll be in the ditches with all the other h2s. They're actually smaller.
Yeah they are almost a normal size. I've never seen one in person. It's based on the Colorado/Avalanche chassis

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
actualy i love the new h3 and here's why, it is a complete peice of crap but the idiots who buy them don't know that so when I go out offroading on local trails I can find them in ditches streans highcentered and what not and make extra cash by winching thos p.o.s.'s out. Can't wait for the h4!

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
maxyedor said:
actualy i love the new h3 and here's why, it is a complete peice of crap but the idiots who buy them don't know that so when I go out offroading on local trails I can find them in ditches streans highcentered and what not and make extra cash by winching thos p.o.s.'s out. Can't wait for the h4!
H4 - GM's answer to the Honda CR-V :rolleyes:

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
biker3 said:
Hmm, GM SUV sales continue to plummit but they release another POS? Gotta love the American Auto Industry. Its only a matter of time before we're flipping burgers for the Asians.

Damn Dude, Thats harsh!

At least they are TRYING to make it better. Sounds like it might actually perform a LITTLE bit offroad, at least better than an H2. Not that it matters, because people think bigger is better and all they do is go to soccer practice and the grocery store. :stosh:

I really think they should implement a driving course before you can buy an SUV. They should make you pass tests on driving in parking lots, PARKING in parking lots, paralell parking (BIG one for me, especially in the city!) and knowing the limits of U-Turns. I hate when a little 30 somthing women parks her H2 in the Kroger Parking lot, taking up two spaces, and when she backs out of the space doesnt know how to use her mirrors and can't see anyone behind her. Or the guys who buy one to be cool and then can't park it in the city.

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
There was recently the lamest of intar-web wars between the H2 forum and the Jeep forum. Two rather funny videos were produced showing the merits of Hummers and Jeeps. Much frothing occured.

Bottom line. The H2 is capable of thriving in Moab, the Rubicon, and in Tellico. I saw video and everything... They rock. So do Jeeps.

They are both capable off road.

I feel slightly superior because my Jeep cost about 1/30th the price of a new H2 and is as good as or better as the Hummer.

Not to say I wouldn't have a Hummer if I had the cashish.

I am a Jeep owner, I can speculate wildly about vehicles I have never driven.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
MMike said:
?? You can buy them at the door?
GM as a generous employee discount in the different models. My next door neighbor works out there and he said the Colorado was having a lot of problems since it hit production.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
N8 said:
GM as a generous employee discount in the different models. My next door neighbor works out there and he said the Colorado was having a lot of problems since it hit production.
Haven't had any problems with my Canyon (gmc version of the colorado), and I beat the sh!t out of it. The H3 is based on the Canyon/Colorado platform - the Avalanche doesnt have anything to do with it. The body on my truck is seven inches narrower than the new Tacomas so it's not a big truck..

meh...

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i've seen a few different H3s around. the best one looked quite rugged (had a fair amount of mods...sliders, rims, Yak rack up top with a Hi-Lift). i was impressed.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
MMike said:
Because people who own H2's are big giant poser/tools........

H1 owners: Rich bad ass mo'fo's who have more money than sense.
H3 owners: Toyotaphobes who wanna be H1 owners but don't have the coin.

H2 owners: :p:p:p

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
maxyedor said:

saw this on a jeep forum

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
N8 said:

zero problems w/my colorado

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
N8 said:
H1 owners: Rich bad ass mo'fo's who have more money than sense.
H3 owners: Toyotaphobes who wanna be H1 owners but don't have the coin.

H2 owners: :p:p:p

So Brian should probably keep it on the DL when he does get his H2.....which we ALL know he will get....or his wife will anyway.....

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
I like how GM took the name of the vehicle and changed it to "H" ....

Right about the time Monica and Bill's escapades got out...

"Dude, you got a hummer??!! You get to 'drive' it everyday???!! Did you mail-order your wife??!!"