Quantcast

"I am Jesus' tool now"

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
please let this be some sort of joke. :(

Even if he did "find Jesus" that doesn't mean he should turn his back on his music. THere is nothing wrong with his work. TOOL is not the anti-christ...

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
"But given their timing (one dated March 31, the other April 1), both posts were dismissed as April Fools' pranks, leaving fans wondering whether Keenan and the rest of Tool were just having a little fun with everyone."

That has got to be an April Fools joke.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Maynard's response of "I've found Jesus, more to come" makes me think it's a marketing scam of some sort.

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
I certainly hope this is an april fools joke...I'm listening to 13th step right now.
Possibly a joke about Welch leaving Korn, even. If it certainly is no joke...I wish Maynard well. He is a genius, and has followers that worship the ground he walks upon. His songs...stories are incredibly powerful...for me anyway. I see him as an induvidual who is against organized religion, not Christ.

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
I don't believe Maynard is talking about Christ alone, if at all in that song. There are so many different theories to his lyrics and their meanings...it's almost impossible to find the true meaning. Only Tool will really know...

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Well. I suppose it would be pretty much impossible for the band to kick any more ass than they already kicked, so at least he made a bunch of badass tunes before he threw in the towel.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Pft, have you heard the APC albums? There is no way this is real...

he talks about how jesus had ranky hot and steamy sex with mary magdaline... :thumb:

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Big_Papa1080 said:
what song is this in?
Mer de Noms album, song is "magdalena"

:evil: Jesus was a naughty boy,

"read the bible and find out what the catholic church doesnt want you to know!"

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Toshi said:
if it's true, why should we care?
Because subsequent music from him is gonna suck. haha c'mon you can't be that oblivous. :D
Oh well life goes on, i'm sure Toshi takes the stance that i do, when i say it's not like we're gonna have to hang out with the dude at work or somethin.....

TSchultz

Chimp
Sep 2, 2003
S. MN
Please Oh please let this be an April fools joke. I've got Mer de Noms in the GIS lab cranked right now, since I'm the only one here.

From lisetening to the few interviews that I have seen It's not that he is totally against faith, since it is good for some people he just wants the majority to question what organized religion are telling them.

IMHO TOOL is the greatest band ever, if you actually listen and interpet for yourself what the lyrics mean to you personally.

gschuette

Monkey
Sep 22, 2004
Truck
Maynard James Keenan-April 1-He finds God

Yeah ****ing right. Now they are just making excuses for not making a new Tool cd in a timely fashion.

BUCKET

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
Rocktown, VA
gschuette said:
Maynard James Keenan-April 1-He finds God

Yeah ****ing right. Now they are just making excuses for not making a new Tool cd in a timely fashion.
Oh my God I hope your right! First Head, and now Maynard, now all we need is Marilyn Manson to annonce he's found God, wouldn't that be f***ing great!
TOOL IS MY FAVORITE BAND, THIS CANNOT BE TRUE!!!!!!!! I REFUSE TO BELIVE IT! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
BUCKET said:
Oh my God I hope your right! First Head, and now Maynard, now all we need is Marilyn Manson to annonce he's found God, wouldn't that be f***ing great!
TOOL IS MY FAVORITE BAND, THIS CANNOT BE TRUE!!!!!!!! I REFUSE TO BELIVE IT! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

You little Hot Topic wannabees need to get with your hip-cool idols and sign-up for a Sunday School class.

:p

BUCKET

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
Rocktown, VA
N8 said:
You little Hot Topic wannabees need to get with your hip-cool idols and sign-up for a Sunday School class.

:p
I can't help I'm not into Eddie Bauer nut hugger jeans like you may be into, and yes I do shop at Hot Topic some. As far as Sunday School goes, I bet that requires getting up early on a Sunday morning, not going to happen, though I probably should. :sneaky:

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
BUCKET said:
As far as Sunday School goes, I bet that requires getting up early on a Sunday morning, not going to happen, though I probably should. :sneaky:
The class I teach (college and young adults) we do it after church (noon), not only that but we'll feed ya as well.................

BUCKET

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
Rocktown, VA
Andyman_1970 said:
The class I teach (college and young adults) we do it after church (noon), not only that but we'll feed ya as well.................
Yeah, there is a church in our area that does that, and you can come casually dressed, that's always a plus for me. I dress in a suit and tie everyday for work, so that's the last thing I want to do on the weekends.

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
BUCKET said:
Yeah, there is a church in our area that does that, and you can come casually dressed, that's always a plus for me. I dress in a suit and tie everyday for work, so that's the last thing I want to do on the weekends.
Yeah suit and tie suck, I typically wear jeans.

BUCKET

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
Rocktown, VA
narlus said:
i think i like them best in their plain punk phase (cf. "She"). although "where eagles dare" has a nice singalong chorus to it.
Yeah "She" is one of their best songs of old. I liked them better with Glenn Danzig on lead vocals than I do with Jerry Only on lead vocals, nothing against Jerry, I think the band still rocks regardless.