Quantcast

I experienced a new low today

pedalkicker

Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
earth
I know you're mad, but the guy was probably mentally ill and may not have comprehended what was going on. The vast majority of homeless people have mental issues and don't have access to the proper medications. Maybe your sidewalk looked like a mighty fine place to lay a log...still sucks you have to clean it up, power washer?
Maybe that was his new low too ...

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I love the irony.

So heres my beef: At 18 I've seen some gnarly ****, and in saying that, I'm not trying to be "tough" or "cool", I'm merely attempting to illustrate a point. I'd hazard a guess that all of us have seen something similar happen in our lives, perhaps some even see something like this happen on a regular basis.

However, the difference between US and YOU (and ultimately the reason why I negged yo ass) is this:
YOU go and "vent" about how terrible it is seeing a dude take a dump in front of your place of buisness, and continue on in your venting to the point where you condemn the individual doing the dumping.

Myself, and other people who actually have a set, take it for what it is; A poop. I may at the time of the incident go "HOLY MOTHER OF GOD THAT MAN IS TAKING A DUMP" but I'm not going to attack the guy on the interweb.

Because you're only 18 I'm not going to totally slam you Dan, but Kenan is the one with the "set". He has taken the initiative to start and continue to run his own business. You cannot fully understand what that means to own your own business until you actually do it. He has every right to be outraged at this incident because it negatively impacts his business. Maybe one day you will have your own business and you will understand his frustration.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
And what's wrong with venting a little frustration in The Lounge section of RM? Every other post is like that, mine just involves human feces. Jeez - I just can't see the justification for the neg rep.
Not the venting, more the drama queen style your point was conveyed in.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Not the venting, more the drama queen style your point was conveyed in.
I wanted it to read like a story. Should I go back and edit it to make it sound more Pinkbike for your needs?

Because you're only 18 I'm not going to totally slam you Dan, but Kenan is the one with the "set".
Thanks for the compliment! Running a business is definitely no easy task. I started when I was 24 and I'll be retired before I'm 35 so ultimately I'll be the one with the last laugh (take that mr poop-on-my-doorstep).

Incidentally I saw the man in question again today. He seems as mentally fit as any 50 year old man and I'm not entirely convinced that he's homeless. I seriously can't believe I'm the one getting flamed because I complained about a guy sh1tting outside of my office.

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
i work in retail and i've had plenty of ahole customers leave their share of turds in and around the toilet. we've had on a couple of occasions the crap smeared on the walls in the stalls and outside of them too. just what kind of person does that!!!!?????!!!!! and then mgmt has to get somebody to clean it up. i've made it very clear that i will NEVER clean it up. period. i've made suggestions that we should close them off to customers but corporate doesn't like that. my suggestion is the next time it happens, we take pics and send them to the president with a sample in a baggie with the suggestion that since this happens, and you dont like us to close off the bathrooms, next time we'll save it for you to clean up. you have no idea as to what's in that stuff, what type of diseases etc. personally if i catch someone doing it, i'm shoving their face in it. and here's the weird thing, it happens in the ladies room more than the mens!!!

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
When I first moved to SF, I lived in lower haight which was fairly tame at the time. On my first walk up to upper haight, a friend said, "yeah, there are lots of homeless and panhandlers up there..."

Sure enough, as I walked towards the park, a guy dropped trou between two parked cars, 3pm on a Saturday afternoon and unleashed his bowels.

As others have said, not pleasant, but it's part of city life... and far less common in the US than in many other parts of the world.

nwd_26

Monkey
Nov 29, 2007
Toronto, Onterrible
i work in retail and i've had plenty of ahole customers leave their share of turds in and around the toilet. we've had on a couple of occasions the crap smeared on the walls in the stalls and outside of them too. just what kind of person does that!!!!?????!!!!! and then mgmt has to get somebody to clean it up. i've made it very clear that i will NEVER clean it up. period. i've made suggestions that we should close them off to customers but corporate doesn't like that. my suggestion is the next time it happens, we take pics and send them to the president with a sample in a baggie with the suggestion that since this happens, and you dont like us to close off the bathrooms, next time we'll save it for you to clean up. you have no idea as to what's in that stuff, what type of diseases etc. personally if i catch someone doing it, i'm shoving their face in it. and here's the weird thing, it happens in the ladies room more than the mens!!!
That would make for one of the most awkward situations possible. You walk into a washroom and someone else is smearing **** on the walls. What could they possibly say to make that better?!?!? "Oh don't worry, it's not mine"

And even better, what would you do? proceed with your business? back out?

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
What a funny thread and for so many different reasons. Personally, I have no tolerance for people doing $hit like that in public...especially since having kids. Some people truly don't give a fvck about anything or anyone. During college, I worked a PT job at a gas station/quikee mart near the New River Valley Speedway and walked into the $hitter to find a nearly THREE FOOT LONG DOOK bent over the front rim of the toilet and stretching to the floor below. I was seriously horrified and wasn't being paid enough to deal with it so I just yellow taped that fvcker off and let the Manager cope with it the next day. He was so pissed he closed the WC for a week and didn't let anyone use it at all.

Lord knows I've seen worse things in my life like people being killed, dead bodies, etc. but the blatancy of a fellow human being dropping a dirty deuce in the middle of the street AND in the middle of the day would surely anger me and I wouldn't want it's terrible presence scaring off my customers. I'd have probably just immediately retrieved the mop bucket and thrown the dirty water on the guy and his loaf, hoping to wash them both away. The worst thing like that I've seen since moving to the country is at the annual Catoctin Trail out-n-back run where I've come across not only mid-trail winders but also soiled and discarded undies and t-shirts used as emergency TP. I guess the runners don't want to lose 30 seconds to their competitors by actually walking OFF the trail before squatting their grumpies.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Incidentally I saw the man in question again today. He seems as mentally fit as any 50 year old man and I'm not entirely convinced that he's homeless. I seriously can't believe I'm the one getting flamed because I complained about a guy sh1tting outside of my office.
just wait until he starts to make poopy again and give him a little squirt of this

on his lower back so that it runs down his crack and i promise he'll never do it at your place again :D

and if asheville pd gives you a hard time about it let me know, i made some friends out there while i was at the less lethal instructor course they hosted last month.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
I've got no problem picking up crap, you hiring kenan?
Yes - I'd like to contract your services for just one job.

and if asheville pd gives you a hard time about it let me know, i made some friends out there while i was at the less lethal instructor course they hosted last month.
The cops didn't give me a hard time and they were even quite nice about the situation but the guy did promise me that he would get someone out there to clean it up and the turd is still there 3 days later. :nopity:

And your pepper spray idea may not be too off base. I think we could use some in the office anyway. But I'm not sure if my insurance co would like that too much. :)

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
And your pepper spray idea may not be too off base. I think we could use some in the office anyway. But I'm not sure if my insurance co would like that too much. :)
buy pepper spray, empty contents into general purpose spray bottle. label bottle "glass cleaner", spray contents onto offending dump artist. :D

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Myself, and other people who actually have a set, take it for what it is; A poop.
And that is all it is. ****. I have cleaned my fair share of human **** and puke up. A deli I worked at had a really nice back stair way that was secluded and prime bathroom for homeless folks. It happens. I don't have to poop outside so I am thankful. Just keep it away from your face and any open wounds and you'll live.

You (drkenan) don't have to feel sorry for the guy, just stop feeling sorry for yourself.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
It's a wonder how some of the people on this board function in the world given the stuff they b!tch about.

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
I seriously can't believe I'm the one getting flamed because I complained about a guy sh1tting outside of my office.
+1 I find it pretty funny as well. I guess some people have nothing better to do than run their mouth to people they dont know on the internet. That and the amount of people who think their opinion just HAS to be heard in EVERY thread is hilarious too :plthumbsdown:

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Hmmmmmmmmmmm... :huh:
If you're insinuating that Im contradicting myself by posting that, take a look at my post count and my join date. Then think again. :busted:

Im friends with Kenan and I ride with him all the time, which was the only reason I said anything in this thread.

Thanx.

Last edited:

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
Hmmmmmmmmmmm... :huh:

And you are averaging 931 posts a year, talk about someone who wants to be heard on the internet. :bonk:

This thread is classic for sure. If I would have caught that fvcker I would of kicked him in his face.

Flame on.

Last edited:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
If you're insinuating that Im contradicting myself by posting that, take a look at my post count and my join date. Then think again. :busted:

Im friends with Kenan and I ride with him all the time, which was the only reason I said anything in this thread.

Thanx.

How do expect to get any respect around here with a post count so low & not many green squares?! ;) :D

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
And you are averaging 931 posts a year, talk about someone who wants to be heard on the internet. :bonk:

This thread is classic for sure. If I would have caught that fvcker I would of kicked him in his face.

Flame on.

Thank you for your help with me English!

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
It's a wonder how some of the people on this board function in the world given the stuff they b!tch about.
Assuming that you're referring to me, I can't understand how you think this isn't a valid complaint. It's not like I'm complaining about any of the thousands of minor things that go on around here on a daily basis. Some dude took a sh1t in front of my business - IMO that's something that I'm entitled to b1tch about.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
If he was smart, he would take photos and call it art. Make mucho $$$ like that....
It's still there - I can almost see it from where I'm sitting right now. It's now been baking in the sun for 3 days - I'll a picture of it would go for some serious cash. I'll even post it up on here if you really want.

Upgr8r

High Priest or maybe Jedi Master
May 2, 2006
Ventura, CA
It's still there - I can almost see it from where I'm sitting right now. It's now been baking in the sun for 3 days - I'll a picture of it would go for some serious cash. I'll even post it up on here if you really want.
I know it sucks to have to deal with situations like this, but wouldn't it be better for everyone involved, as well as your business, it you just cleaned it up instead of staring at it and bitching about it?

When I managed an apartment building, someone took a massive dump in the laundry room. I was pissed but I sacked up and dealt with the situation.

Life is full of sh*t we don't like but have to deal with. Griping about it won't change the sitiuation

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Can you smell it?

Are your windows open?
It's lost some of its flavor over the last few days.

But for the hours following the "incident" we could definitely smell it if we opened the windows. It was so strong that it would infiltrate my office just from someone coming thru the door.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
3 days?! Suck it up princess & clean that **** up!