Quantcast

I give you Windrock's Middle Finger (pics)

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Lots of people ask what do the trails at Windrock look like. You rarely see more than the typical road crossing areas since it is hard to put down the bike to shoot while we are riding. Well, my wife walked WR's new trail, Middle Finger, and took a sequence of pictues documenting most for the trail.

Milby, this is for you.

This isn't on Middle Finger, but is the Road Gap on Trail 1
|
|
\/

/\
|
|

Road Gap

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i'm callin photo shop on those!!!!!!!

just kiddin!

looks steep and fast and tech as ever!

is that the trail butch has to ride on his hard tail?

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
HOLY CRAP!

I have a flat spot in my rim and I noticed today that the bead was popping off the rim. I thought I caught it on the last run. After that I called it a day. Check out my rear rim and tire on this shot over the road gap.... on run #1 this morning!! :eek:

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
I said it before and now I'll say it again, DAMN IT, I wish I could be out there, the new\rebuild of the trails look killer!!!!!

on a side note to Jeff; love the signature (Guilty: Two counts, discharging first straight pull within city limits.)

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I need to go to the east coast/south and check out all the stuff out there one summer. That stuff looks like a blast!

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
awsome guys. cant wait to i get to get out there this spring and summer. looks like middle finger is gonna be wicked and maybe ill be able to keep up lol. good work on the new trails by the way.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
dexter said:
trail looks buck nasty
Actually, Middle Finger is one of the smoother trails there. Mostly because it is new and Mother Nature hasn't started to itch yet. But when she does, rocks show up out of no where.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
doug.

we just have to do the same style photo shoot on southernrocks.
the best trail out there, and very very few photos of it ever.

that would take all day as long as it is. but those would be some of the best shots ever posted of this place.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
ragin-sagin said:
More proof: some people on here actually do ride. Sweet shots.
we ride our @$$es off out here three days a week.

got in thirty just last week.
and a few of us are well over 100 runs in just over a month of riding this season.

we work our butts off building for four months during the winter. and spend the rest of the time wearin this place out.

we've had some awesome crowds out here so far this season. by far the best start to a year yet !!

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
maddogdh said:
Profro you look real fast. Nice pics
looks don't lie.
sitting yesterday at our road gap jump, watch john milby, chris wyatt and doug rippin the 40+ft. of daylights out of it. is better than any video made to date.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
dhbuilder said:
doug.

we just have to do the same style photo shoot on southernrocks.
the best trail out there, and very very few photos of it ever.
I just had that conversation with Meghann.

It will be done.

However, that will blow some folks' minds. :looney:

Taz

Monkey
Sep 22, 2001
Granite, lots of granite
One weekend this year I promise to spend 3 days at WR, one day I will do nothing but photos. Bring all my gear I use for shooting races and trek the entire trail system with you guys if you want me to. Today would have been a great day to do it since I could not ride, too bad I left my camera bag at home. :(