Quantcast

I just got yelled at by a driver for riding in the bike lane!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Actually, the moment hit hit you he committed assault. Should have called the cops. Hello PMITA prison.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
lol, I got honked at today for crossing IN THE CROSSWALK WITH the signal saying I could. The guy wanted to make a right turn.

I stopped, got off, and stood there flipping him off. I was only going to stay there until the light changed but he decided to get out of his car.

He comes up to me and says in a very flat, but strong tone "Move your ****ing bike".

I stand there and respond with "As long as your light is still red, I have the right of way, and nothing you can say or do will get me to move."

"Oh really?" he inquired just before turning around and getting into his car, pulling forward, and bumping my tire.

I walked over to the driver side door, opened it, pulled him out and layed him on the ground, then put my foot on his chest and said "If you ever ****ing do that again you will end up in the hospital. Next time you have a dispute with somebody, grow a ****ing set and handle it like a man, not a ****ing coward who hides behind two tons of steel. Pussy."

Oh man did he look scared. I mean, this guy that he was probably sure he could overpower just put him in his place pretty hard.

I got my foot off of him, he stayed there for a second as I mounted up and rode off.
I don't believe you.

thebornotaku

Monkey
May 19, 2008
Northern Bay Area
Actually, the moment hit hit you he committed assault. Should have called the cops. Hello PMITA prison.
"Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward"

The reason why I pulled him out of his car rather than shrugging it off at that point is because I knew I couldn't get in trouble if it did elevate that far. Self defense ftw.

Yeah, I was a douchebag to stand there. But I had the right to. Had he not bumped me with his car, it never would have elevated. I'dve stood there for a few more seconds, then walk out of the way, mount up, and go on with my life.

I don't believe you.
I don't care if you or anybody else doesn't believe me. I felt like sharing what happened. Take it or leave it.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Good luck with that. Cops generally don't care about cyclists. You're probably a step below a child molester on their scale.
Directly in league with mimes...

Good for you, one more of these dbags who get the fear of de jeebus put in them the better.

esper

Chimp
Jun 30, 2008
Campbell CA
lol, I got honked at today for crossing IN THE CROSSWALK WITH the signal saying I could. The guy wanted to make a right turn.

I stopped, got off, and stood there flipping him off. I was only going to stay there until the light changed but he decided to get out of his car.

He comes up to me and says in a very flat, but strong tone "Move your ****ing bike".

I stand there and respond with "As long as your light is still red, I have the right of way, and nothing you can say or do will get me to move."

"Oh really?" he inquired just before turning around and getting into his car, pulling forward, and bumping my tire.

I walked over to the driver side door, opened it, pulled him out and layed him on the ground, then put my foot on his chest and said "If you ever ****ing do that again you will end up in the hospital. Next time you have a dispute with somebody, grow a ****ing set and handle it like a man, not a ****ing coward who hides behind two tons of steel. Pussy."

Oh man did he look scared. I mean, this guy that he was probably sure he could overpower just put him in his place pretty hard.

I got my foot off of him, he stayed there for a second as I mounted up and rode off.

Your such a super duper cool awesome badass.......

Oh and instigating and then assaulting is not self defense regardless of if he hit your tire, and is against the law.