Quantcast

I need a new wheelset...

J

JRB

BurlyShirley said:
Ill do a trade with you. Is the 8 inch steerer enough?
Let me check the head tube on the Soul frame I ordered. I would assume it is, but let me check.

J

JRB

I'll call Soul on Monday and verify, but it looks like it should work based on pics, BS. What aren't you diggin' on the Pike now?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
loco said:
I'll call Soul on Monday and verify, but it looks like it should work based on pics, BS. What aren't you diggin' on the Pike now?
Do you want me to talk you out of trading with me? I just want some more travel and beef. Thats all. Its not enough for the stuff I want to ride this year. If Id bought a heckler instead of a bullit, it'd be perfect, but I need a bit more.

J

JRB

BurlyShirley said:
Do you want me to talk you out of trading with me? I just want some more travel and beef. Thats all. Its not enough for the stuff I want to ride this year. If Id bought a heckler instead of a bullit, it'd be perfect, but I need a bit more.
Nope - I was just wondering. That's fair enough. Isn't it 145mm of travel though. The Z150 is just a tad more. It is a little taller, which will suit the Bullit nicely. I was just wondering. Do you think the Z150 is enough (I wouldn't be concerned about the air, just asking)??? I can dig the Pike, so I want to know you think it's cool.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
loco said:
Nope - I was just wondering. That's fair enough. Isn't it 145mm of travel though. The Z150 is just a tad more. It is a little taller, which will suit the Bullit nicely. I was just wondering. Do you think the Z150 is enough (I wouldn't be concerned about the air, just asking)??? I can dig the Pike, so I want to know you think it's cool.
Pike is 140mm, but its not the travel really. The main diff is in the A to C height as you said. As a trail bike its fine, but when things get steep, i just want a little slacker geometry...and I guess about a half inch more travel wouldnt hurt.

J

JRB

Are there any scuffs or scratches??? The 150 is pretty much perfect. I will check scratches, but I can't think of any.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
loco said:
Are there any scuffs or scratches??? The 150 is pretty much perfect. I will check scratches, but I can't think of any.
yes. there are scratches.

ah **** it.

J

JRB

I'm not worried about little stuff. Just no big gouges or surprises.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
loco said:
I'm not worried about little stuff. Just no big gouges or surprises.
No theres no dings or anything. The stanchions are perfect. There are scratches but it doesnt look like its old or beat up or anything. Its in real good shape, I swear. If you get it and think its a POS, you can publicly condemn me on RM and force me to trade back. I also have the rebuild kit for it Ill send along too so you can do a rebuild. I havent done it. It doesnt leak oil and the fork works fine.

J

JRB

Yeah - I don't know why I wouldn't be interested. I'll take some good pics of mine tomorrow, since I am pulling the haro apart. I am selling it and the Z1 FR SL to the shop I think. I'm gonna have a pushed vanilla r that is valved for a single pivot like a heckler or bullit for a 200# rider to sell for $100 or so.

J

JRB

BurlyShirley said:
I thought you were trading it to me, not selling it to the shop.
Different fork, meathead. It's the 130mm Z1 that is going to the shop.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Yeah well, if its in as good a shape as you say, dont worry about the pics. I mean, I know what it looks like and Im not much a stickler for aesthetics anyway, so you dont have to trouble yourself...but if you want to...feel free.
I have some pics of the pike, but I think youve seen those. Want me to post them up? Theyre in my photobucket...wont take a second.

J

JRB

Looks fine. I don't really even notice any scratches. I wonder if I should change my order to a Loki and run it at 100mm or so. Hrmm - I'll get my address and such to you. I'll ship mine to you on Monday and you can ship yours when you get mine. I'll send it 3rd day if you'll do the same.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
loco said:
Looks fine. I don't really even notice any scratches. I wonder if I should change my order to a Loki and run it at 100mm or so. Hrmm - I'll get my address and such to you. I'll ship mine to you on Monday and you can ship yours when you get mine. I'll send it 3rd day if you'll do the same.
Sure. No problem at all. Appreciate you taking the initiative, cause Id hate to be w/out a fork for long.:) Ill pm you my address.