Quantcast

I need help from the suspension-savvy.

AlCapone

Monkey
Apr 5, 2009
North Bend, WA
So my 2007 888 ATA acted up when I put more air in it. I let all of the air out of the top chamber first, and then added air to the PAR. As I unscrewed the pump after filling the PAR to 100psi, it started pissing massive amounts of oil at me. At that point, I figured a seal was broken, so I went to the top chamber to see if any air had leaked into it. A ton of air had, so I'm fairly certain that an internal seal is broken. Which seal is broken, and how do I replace it? I bought the fork from a friend, and before he sold it to me the same thing happened to him, so he just sent it to Marzo and it cost him $300, and I don't want to do that.

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
call marzocchi. return fork. get new 888 Evo for cheap from them
THIS ^^^

they just helped me out nicely...be super nice and say its been nothing but trouble, been rebuilt several times, and you are tired of spending money on it. they will be psyched to style you out on a new 2010 and have you stoked on marzocchi again. the 07's were a bad batch across the board, xc, fr, dh and marzocchi knows it.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Yeh ok but again, I was happy enough to take a half pound in weight for a fork that works over a lighter one that doesn't!
i agree. mine NEVER worked right and thankfully they gave me the option to get a new fork.
they gave me the choice to swap to coil, but i opted for the new Evo Ti

gav_dub100

Chimp
Aug 26, 2009
Dublin
i agree. mine NEVER worked right and thankfully they gave me the option to get a new fork.
they gave me the choice to swap to coil, but i opted for the new Evo Ti
Serves me right i guess for being naive and ending up buying a grey market one off ebay...

ScarredOne

Monkey
Sep 18, 2001
i dont want to say online, but the Evo is a bit more than your friend paid to have it serviced.
call them.
I wish they would do this for my '09 888 RC3. Even after warranty rebuild it's back to its leaking/sloppiness again. The "upgrade price" was high--about as much as I paid for the 888 in the first place. Ah well.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I wish they would do this for my '09 888 RC3. Even after warranty rebuild it's back to its leaking/sloppiness again. The "upgrade price" was high--about as much as I paid for the 888 in the first place. Ah well.
they didnt have nearly as many issues with the coil forks as they did with all their ATA forks.