Quantcast

I shall go....

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
Skookum said:
Yah people should really just step back and realize that internet forums like this are just concentrated blips of our personality, often accentuated and many times distorted. i personally think EGO and pride is what causes many interesting and knowledgable people from the board because it's hard for them to differentiate a slight or off-handed remark from a cruel insult, when mostly it's just an impersonal statement/opinion more times than naught.
That being said persons should realize that many people are sensitive to that, and should be respectful. Otherwise we just wind up having a board full of assholes.

At any rate i hope that many people recognize that using the board is fun, but recognize that ultimately it's a tool. Whatever you use it for is up to you, but i personally find it a great resource for learning, socializing, and promoting mt. bike advocacy and recreation. We all have mt. biking in common, and that's what brought us all here in the first place.

Oh now come on man,that post made sense.You can't post stuff that makes sense in a thread like this :nope: .

:)

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Skookum said:
Yah people should really just step back and realize that internet forums like this are just concentrated blips of our personality, often accentuated and many times distorted. i personally think EGO and pride is what causes many interesting and knowledgable people from the board because it's hard for them to differentiate a slight or off-handed remark from a cruel insult, when mostly it's just an impersonal statement/opinion more times than naught.
That being said persons should realize that many people are sensitive to that, and should be respectful. Otherwise we just wind up having a board full of assholes.

At any rate i hope that many people recognize that using the board is fun, but recognize that ultimately it's a tool. Whatever you use it for is up to you, but i personally find it a great resource for learning, socializing, and promoting mt. bike advocacy and recreation. We all have mt. biking in common, and that's what brought us all here in the first place.
You look like your avatar, don't you...?? :blah:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I don't taunt and hassle Loco for a week and he gets pissed off and leaves. This is completely unfair, he should have been banned.:)

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Worst poster ever now GONE. The ONLY guy to ever make my ignore list GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

J

JRB

BurlyShirley said:
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Worst poster ever now GONE. The ONLY guy to ever make my ignore list GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Phug it. I'll come back, just for this. :think:

LordOpie said:
I've been on Burly's lists too. It's no fun.
He got all pissy because you talked to Lisa too, eh???

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
As much as Id like to read what you just wrote...you're still on the list loco. But...I thought you left...odd

J

JRB

BurlyShirley said:
As much as Id like to read what you just wrote...you're still on the list loco. But...I thought you left...odd
As much as I would like to care what you read, or think, I have a burning desire to not.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Wumpus said:
I ran over a squirrel on my ride this morning.
dude i hit a bird coming back from a ride the other day, weirdest thing. i was like "it's a bird they fly he'll get away they always do" then POOF!!!! Feathers everywhere. i was a little sad but the bugger must have been sick so i did him a favor.
i donated a little extra money to the redcross though to try to clear up a little of that karma.

J

JRB

The Toninator said:
dude i hit a bird coming back from a ride the other day, weirdest thing. i was like "it's a bird they fly he'll get away they always do" then POOF!!!! Feathers everywhere. i was a little sad but the bugger must have been sick so i did him a favor.
i donated a little extra money to the redcross though to try to clear up a little of that karma.
I hit a wood pecker so clean driving to Ft Davis, that he didn't even poof. He just bounced off of the windshield that was doing 80 mph like a bat. :eek:

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
WTF is up with tinnitus??? Drives me crazy! And my doc says it doesn't necessarily mean anything nor is there a "cure". I've noticed that it's worse when I'm popping lots and lots of vitamin-I on those painful days.

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
Dude.

Did you hit a woodpecker?

Or a wooden pecker?

Talk about lousy Engrish..... :rolleyes:
Don't you pay attention??? I said, woodpecker. :think:

Shinerider

Chimp
Aug 29, 2005
Its ok, I still love you Loco. Wait, that sounded ghey......crap........well, I like you, in that - hey lets meet up and go ride some bikes...........****, that was still too ghey.........how about, hey dude, lets go kill some squirrels and BBQ them with Wump over some brewskis! :thumb:

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I haven't been posting regularly for a couple months now and I just want everybody to know that I'm not a ghey pvssy whiner like some people, I've just been too busy for the monkey is all.

So, does DRB still hate MMike? Do fire extinguishers still come in red with optional woks and hot lesbos?

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
since you bought a green dot, does that mean we at least have a year left of your $hit? If you leave can I have it?

j/k...you never annoyed me as bad as some...but you have your moments.