Quantcast

%%I% Thoisday %I%%

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Shoulder hurting and I can't take my muscle relaxers today until late, since I have an atty meeting this morning, class mid-day, and client meeting in the afternoon. Not as bad as last few days, but still not great. Fun!

Official changes to trust go into place today. Think I'll tell TX family this weekend. MIL1's will get changed next, which will also be a party, since my dad is a trustee. Gonna be a lot of fun telling him that he's been pulled off both as the ttee from the financial side.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning, friends of Ridemonkey! I am in the office today for the mere sake of satisfying my in-person obligation for the week. I'll head home after a few hours.

I had a nice 20 mile road ride last night despite having to stop twice for tree trimming crews, and two roads being repaved. It's like what the hell everything is being done at once. Anyway it was a pretty easy/chill ride and I still averaged 19 mph. My bike fitness is starting to get into some new territory for me.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Working from home. Meeting a friend and his colleagues for a bike ride later...if I manage to finish this stuff. I probably should not surf the monkey then.... :think:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
:wave:

work, lunch with friend, maybe go see another buddy play some music tonight.
gotta get my bars trimmed a touch. I should do that this afternoon.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:panic:

Have had two phone calls with a headhunter in the last 24 hours and have an interview scheduled tomorrow for a company that manufactures the machines that make semiconductors. I assume this is related to CHIPS bill that recently passed. It's both exciting and nerve wracking. Headhunter seems to think the manufacturer will be happy to throw money at me. My stomach is a wreck just thinking about it. I've been with this shitty airline for 21 years. As much as I like to bitch, I've found a comfortable place. I don't do change very well.

Last edited:

Have had two phone calls with a headhunter in the last 24 hours and have an interview scheduled tomorrow for a company that manufactures the machines that make semiconductors. I assume this is related to CHIPS bill that recently passed. It's both exciting and nerve wracking. Headhunter seems to think the manufacturer will be happy to throw money at me. My stomach is a wreck just thinking about it. I've been with this shitty airline for 21 years. As much as I like to bitch, I've found a comfortable place. I don't do change very well.
Best of luck, amigo!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

What's their drug testing policy? :homer:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008

The two big questions are:
1) How much time does the new job leave you to ride bikes?
2) How much more dentist bike builds will you be able to affort in the future?

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
Milwaukee roasted coffee inside. One customer wants my bike ride, the other I'll have to bust a move to finish for bike ride T time plans. Bust a move was promised their time, the other asked this morning for their home's photoshoot. Hoping the morning request can make earlier work. Wouldn't have either if it wasn't for peace of mind bike rides bring me. Taking a ride in Strawberry field tonight. New tires on the car today or tomorrow. Santa's Village bike park this weekend. Might buy an ice cooler today so sleeping in a ditch with iced coffee Saturday and Sunday morning happens.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I've been with this company for 21 years. As much as I like to bitch, I've found a comfortable place.
FTFM

As much as I dislike my client, my job is easy and I have plenty of PTO. Stops me from looking too hard for anything else.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
FTFM

As much as I dislike my client, my job is easy and I have plenty of PTO. Stops me from looking too hard for anything else.
This is my biggest worry if I'm being honest. The amount of fucking off I do and the fact that I get basically zero heat for it has a value much higher than a pay increase. I'm a HUGE proponent of the idea that "work/life balance" needs to be heavily skewed in favor of the "life" part of the equation. In those terms, I have a good thing going with the airline.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

Yew kin dew eat !

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

Semiconductor industry is the most backwards industry in this country.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
FTFM

This.

This is my biggest worry if I'm being honest. The amount of fucking off I do and the fact that I get basically zero heat for it has a value much higher than a pay increase. I'm a HUGE proponent of the idea that "work/life balance" needs to be heavily skewed in favor of the "life" part of the equation. In those terms, I have a good thing going with the airline.
And also this.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I actually accepted a new job in Denver a few years ago. Then realized I'd have to commute and have FA PTO, so I phoned them back a couple of days later and said thanks, no thanks.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
:stupid:

Now WFH 3 days a week has added to that. I know my workload will increase somewhat once new management takes over, but it won't be much.

I am making the most salary wise right now, but places are offering a lot right now. I just don't think the change is worth it

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Semiconductor jobs have been popping since the beginning of the pandemic. Government stuff doesn't work that fast.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
As if to drive the point home, just got the latest monthly newsletter from Monarch Mountain. Where I'm at now basically already knows that the morning after a big winter storm = Shane isn't coming in. Training a new employer to accept that might be a Herculean task.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
FTFM

This. I work like 30hrs a week. I mean, I do other stuff for work, but not taking meetings. More just responding to emails. I'm good.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Another vote for the “devil that you do know’ over “the devil that you don’t know.”

That said, go do the interview. Tell them straight up what you want. See what happens…

Btw, I hate going to visit semicon clients, bc I can’t fucking stand cleanrooms or the bunny suits that you have to wear in them. Deal breaker for me personally.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
:wavingkitty.gif:

I am satisfied enough with my work:life balance. July pre-vacation sucked, though. That was too much. At least I'll get paid for that extra work at the end of this month.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
The dealership put the wrong year on my paperwork and now I have to go back and re-sign my life away. If a typo is their only mistake, then it’s all good. :rolleyes:
Make sure to check ALL the numbers on the loan documents. Go through them page by page.