Quantcast

I thought Factory Honda

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
OK...now I gotta honestly say that gets me too damn excited about that bike. I'm just NOT buying it that they aren't interested in the market.

In 2003, Turner had a 1st production run of DHR's. They made 200 frames. Their Japanese distributor snatched up 100 of them just like that! So, there is definitely a market for this thing over there! That thing will see production unless there is just some ridiculously expensive part in it that will NOT EVER be a cost effective to replicate....like say....Plutonium?

Threepointtwo

Monkey
Jun 21, 2002
SLC, UT
Ida has a mowhawk. I knew something was up when this entire Japanese entourage climbed on my flight from Minneapolis to Montreal and the little lady was wearing a kamikaze headband. Strange group.

They had no tent to hide their bike in so you could actually touch it if you were so inclined.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
All...the...pretty...colors...can't...concentrate...at...work...

oh god...gotta go....uhhhhhh...uhhhhhhhhhhhhh...awwwwww...too late!

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
surfinguru said:
Man, I really dig that stealth black one. (My white Fly shudders at the thought of being replaced by this black beast!)

When can I preorder? <---sarcasm
that Nicolai is what...almost $7000 - how much do you think the Honda WOULD go for! :dead:

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Acadian said:
that Nicolai is what...almost $7000 - how much do you think the Honda WOULD go for! :dead:
Probably less.. Honda being the master of production and keeping things cost effective will more than likely figure out a way to make this thing end up more like a civic than a ferrari in the price scale. Plus we have no idea what is in there. It could be the reason they are so secretive is because it is SO simple that they don't want anyone else figureing it out!

Edit: Plus if they are using the technology for Moto as well then the R&D will be spread out between both industries and minimize its effect on production of this bike. :think: (at least, it makes sense to me)

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
Motionboy2 said:
Probably less.. Honda being the master of production and keeping things cost effective will more than likely figure out a way to make this thing end up more like a civic than a ferrari in the price scale. Plus we have no idea what is in there. It could be the reason they are so secretive is because it is SO simple that they don't want anyone else figureing it out!

Edit: Plus if they are using the technology for Moto as well then the R&D will be spread out between both industries and minimize its effect on production of this bike. :think: (at least, it makes sense to me)
Ahh...Good to know. So the Honda bike will only be around the $18,000 mark, rather than $180,000? Wonder what ep cost would be? :p

S.G.D

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver
that was the least covert honda operation yet.

the bike was sitting on a bike stand in the parking lot while they were messing around between runs.

~SGD

ssaddict

Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
Motionboy2 said:

You forget, Honda also makes the NSX.

But I'm praying that your right.