Quantcast

I want a new guitar.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i like the greco les paul knock offs from japan and the yamaha sg's from japan....

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
78’-81’ or so the quality of the Gibson’s went down a bit, from what I have heard. The Westbury’s were a high end Japanese guitar manufacturer that was trying to outdo the Gibson’s. They aren’t crazy special or anything, but it was a really nice guitar for a broke 14 year old. Always had a soft spot. Thing weighs about 12 pounds, sustain for weeks.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Just curious, what is nice about these? I have a Les Paul Classic that I don't play that much anymore but there's hardly anything about it that I wish was nicer.

This image courtesy of a radioactive 2.5/7" Aero Ektar on a 5x7 Plaubel studio camera.
You should send that to me for disposal.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
I’m a cheap bastard.
wifey was ok with it (not that she really gives a crap) if it was roughly the same value as a guitar I am selling.
These go for $799-$999 new, so I am happy for someone’s castoff.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I’m a cheap bastard.
wifey was ok with it (not that she really gives a crap) if it was roughly the same value as a guitar I am selling.
These go for $799-$999 new, so I am happy for someone’s castoff.
I was just taking the pish, no idea what it went for :)

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
Haha, I just got that.

you funneh

This one was $305, someone’s ‘under the bed queen’ till he figured out he sucked, and didn’t like playing.
Hopefully the guitar doesn’t have a curse!
I suck, but I really like playing...

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Got my girl a Taylor GS Mini in Mahogany for a combined birthday and Xmas present. She's super stoked. She's a new player and now she has something to do when I go smash the drums. We are both pretty terrible, so we figure it'll take at least a year before we can head out on our world tour. :headbang:

Also I now really want to pick up a bass guitar and amp to add to our noise making capabilities. It's probably because I have a copy of this laying around:

geddys book.jpg

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Got my girl a Taylor GS Mini in Mahogany for a combined birthday and Xmas present. She's super stoked. She's a new player and now she has something to do when I go smash the drums. We are both pretty terrible, so we figure it'll take at least a year before we can head out on our world tour. :headbang:

Also I now really want to pick up a bass guitar and amp to add to our noise making capabilities. It's probably because I have a copy of this laying around:

View attachment 153953
It was not how I imagined it.

View attachment 153953
The Shaggs II?