Quantcast

I was JRA when my frame snapped...

TimeBomb

Chimp
Apr 22, 2002
Brockton, MA, U.S.A.
I was thinking that some pressure treated 2x4s and a few nails should do the trick :D .

It was a 1986 Toyota and it doesn't even have 100k on it yet. Other than the frame... the thing is a gem.

Attachments

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
My buddy had the same truck! He just kept welding more rods and bars under it.

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
Originally posted by TimeBomb
Too bad I would never be able to get the spare off the rotted frame :D . Oh well...
:D whahahaha

dude that will take some time, to let it go rotten this way. You should check your trucks health, more often. And you will see this was coming. Looks to me it is pretty dangerous, if your wheel snaps off in the middle of the street.

:( :help:

VooDoo

asshat
Dec 21, 2001
Toronto
Holy ****, that is friggen mint! (the body atleast)...
If i were you, i'd get a new frame from budbuilt... because with the condition/mileage of that truck it's worth it...
Hell, can i take that off your hands (if there is no bondo in the body)...

TimeBomb

Chimp
Apr 22, 2002
Brockton, MA, U.S.A.
Nope... no bondo. The fenders and bed were replaced 5 yeards ago and the truck was re-painted. Anything with rot (as far as the body) was replaced so, no bondo. There is a little surface rot starting on the bed and inside the door jams. It starts with one twist on the key.

Hey VooDoo, Come and get it ;) :D

ghettogt76

Monkey
Dec 5, 2001
Pleasant Hill, Kali'fo'nya
Thats one of the cleanest 2nd Gen Toys I've seen out there! Not even broken in yet either....

Anyway, I second the idea for a frame from budbuilt, along with SAS, lockers, gears, bobbed bed and more....:devil:

VooDoo

asshat
Dec 21, 2001
Toronto
Originally posted by ghettogt76
Thats one of the cleanest 2nd Gen Toys I've seen out there! Not even broken in yet either....

Anyway, I second the idea for a frame from budbuilt, along with SAS, lockers, gears, bobbed bed and more....:devil:
or just put a decent 85' frame under there, highsteer, 529's, arb's or e-locker, and hi-pin. front diff, v6 rear, 5" alcan's F+R, the list goes on.
I wouldn't bob the bed, it's in too good condition for that...
oh, and how cant you forget, supercharged 3.4 swap!

TimeBomb

Chimp
Apr 22, 2002
Brockton, MA, U.S.A.
Nope... no bondo. The fenders and bed were replaced 5 yeards ago and the truck was re-painted. Anything with rot (as far as the body) was replaced so, no bondo. There is a little surface rot starting on the bed and inside the door jams. It starts with one twist on the key.

Hey VooDoo, Come and get it ;) :D
Well... I plan on getting rid of it. I was entertaining the idea of an eBay auction and selling it as a parts truck. I pick this up tomorrow...

2001 Nissan Frontier 4x4

VooDoo

asshat
Dec 21, 2001
Toronto
Well... I plan on getting rid of it. I was entertaining the idea of an eBay auction and selling it as a parts truck. I pick this up tomorrow...

2001 Nissan Frontier 4x4
How about a 24 or an 18 of long necks and i'll take it off your hands? :devil:
I'll come pick it up :D
Is it driveable?
Title?

ghettogt76

Monkey
Dec 5, 2001
Originally posted by VooDoo
or just put a decent 85' frame under there, highsteer, 529's, arb's or e-locker, and hi-pin. front diff, v6 rear, 5" alcan's F+R, the list goes on.
I wouldn't bob the bed, it's in too good condition for that...
oh, and how cant you forget, supercharged 3.4 swap!
:drool: Do you have an old Toy voodoo?

VooDoo

asshat
Dec 21, 2001
Toronto
:drool: Do you have an old Toy voodoo?
Ya man, i got an 89' 4Runner, and looking for a pickup to SAS for cheap ( i think i can get a frame from an 85 in good condition...)
Ya, that's why i like this truck, good mileage and body (i have to do body work on my 4runner, that's why i want a pickup from the states that doesn't need it).
TimeBomb, if you're serious of getting rid of it, PM me... oh and remember i'm only 16 so i don't have a fortune to spend LOL...

ghettogt76

Monkey
Dec 5, 2001
I'll sell you my '90 Toy, only about a billion miles away in CA :D It has a new T chain with metal guide, water pump, oil pump, HG, head bolts, valve job.... 213k miles (gotta love toyota) :D

I used to have an 85 Toy on 36's... still miss that thing now. So I am selling my '90 to get an 82 :D

VooDoo

asshat
Dec 21, 2001
Toronto
I'll sell you my '90 Toy, only about a billion miles away in CA :D It has a new T chain with metal guide, water pump, oil pump, HG, head bolts, valve job.... 213k miles (gotta love toyota) :D

I used to have an 85 Toy on 36's... still miss that thing now. So I am selling my '90 to get an 82 :D
Nah, don't like the new style (3rd gen) trucks... 1st and 2nd is where it's at.
My fav. for sure has got to be the trekker (pic is attached)... basically the proto 4runner, i so badly want one...

Attachments

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Originally posted by Serial Midget
Hahahhahahha... should have bought a F-Series... :ducks: :runs:
Except for the fact that the F series would have stopped running long before the frame rusted out.:dead:

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Not so.
My first car was a '63 Ford 1/2 ton. 6cyl, three on the tree.
I sold it in 1989 to the father of a HS friend. The truck now has something like 380,000 miles on it and the cyl head has never been off the block.
Maintainence.

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
Here she is with the Bullit in the back:
God damn, that looks so easy. Toss the bike in the back. Couple straps done. I've had my fu**ing bike almost fall off my trunk rack like 2x on 495S. Last time all that was holding the bike (my hardtail) was the pedal that got stuck on the rack somehow as my front tire was eroding away at 70mph on the pavement :D

Now it takes me like 15 minutes to mount/dismount the bike as I have to use 80 straps to make sure it doesn't fall off. Nice truck btw, my buddy has one in forest green. I've got my eye on something like this. But doubt I'll be buying any of the supposed OFF-FRAME restorations on ebay. What a hoax some of the trucks are on there. Slap some bondo on it, paint it bright red, throw in a new carpet, some edlebrock valve covers and air filter and it's suddenly worth 12k. Anybody know anyone selling anything like this C-10 or old F-100, let me know. Knuckle

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by Damn True
Whoa, I take offense at that on a number of levels.
why is that any more offensive than the characterization of lowered civics as ricemobiles?

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Originally posted by Damn True
Not so.
My first car was a '63 Ford 1/2 ton. 6cyl, three on the tree.
I sold it in 1989 to the father of a HS friend. The truck now has something like 380,000 miles on it and the cyl head has never been off the block.
Maintainence.
You know the saying "they don't make'm like they used to"
Yeah, ford don't make'm like they used to. Trucks are nice but look at the cars, the focus is the most recalled car in the history of cars.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Originally posted by Knuckleslammer
What's the problem with that? Your not a screaming liberal are you :D

Is it not a fact that lowering of vehicles is not primarily a Mexican/Hispanic practice? I rest my case. Discrimination? NOT.

Knuckle
Hmm when I was 19 my car was lowered, I guess I was mexican then? What about my lifted Jeep, was I white during that period? What if while I owned the lifted Jeep I also had a Jetta with shorter springs in it? Wow, that presents a quandry now dosen't it? White and mexican at the same time? Would that be Spanglish?

Lowering is common practice in hot rodding regardless of the ethnicity of the owner be it white, black, latino, or asian. In some cases to improve handling, but most often for asthetic reasons (I personally shun the latter when it is done to lend the appearance of the former).

Liberal? Hardly.
Discrimination? No.
Ignorant sounding statement? Bingo. :rolleyes: