Quantcast

I was violated at the trailhead . . .

bjanga

Turbo Monkey
Dec 25, 2004
San Diego
. . . by a tick!

I finished a wonderful mini-rockfest at the Elfin Forest Recreational Reserve, looked down and noted a smaller tick working on the side of my knee (weird spot, eh?). Anyways, a ranger clearing some brush mentioned that he had spotted an abandoned pair of tweezers at the base of the trail earlier this morning. Hooray for alcohol swabs :love:

According to the ranger, there are only 10 species of ticks here and only one carries lyme disease. Additionally, one can only contract Lyme disease after being violated by the tick for more than 24 hours.

If you have never been a victim of a tick, you will feel slight pain when they are digging in.

I wonder if I have more to fear from the tick, or the tweezers :clue:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
bjanga said:
Anyways, a ranger clearing some brush mentioned that he had spotted an abandoned pair of tweezers at the base of the trail earlier this morning. :

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
bjanga said:
Hey . . . they looked clean
Ask yourself this question:

What in the world could you do so horrible with a pair of tweezers that you'd have to abandon them afterward?:help:

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
I had a tick in my back once and it was like half way in. I got home at like 2 that mornin and had to wake my dad up to get it out :nopity: :nopity:

ufdff15

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Central Massachusetts
A month or so ago I found a tick on my side near my arm pit while in bed, I ended up ripping it outbefore I even knew what it was. I never felt it there until then. I hate TICKS!!!!

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
we went camping a couple of weeks ago in tick-nation. every time i looked down i had four or five crawling up my pants leg. pulled 5 or 6 off of me once we got home and more than that off of TN. poor puppy dog had quite a few as well. my bites still itch.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
bjanga said:
If you have never been a victim of a tick, you will feel slight pain when they are digging in.
I've only found one tick on me and I didn't feel any pain. It was one of those larger dog ticks though. Maybe they are different than deer ticks. I pulled him out with tweezers and the little bastard wouldn't let go without a fight. He lost.

J

JRB

I had one a few years ago from the NORBA race course. The neighbor's friggin' dog has given my dog ticks. I use Frontline, but he still has the friggin' things. I want to kill the neighbors and their dog. I am bathing him tonight and spraying the yard. I found one on me while we watched a movie the other night. I don't like them being around the baby.

I would not want someone using tweezers that someone might have dug around on themselves with. :dead:

I hate the puking guy. It's stupid.

J

JRB

moff_quigley said:
I think people that have an I.V. of liquified Midol that's not working right should be banned from here.

Forgive me for having a problem with unoriginality. You guys get something stupid like this, just like burly did, and post it 4000 times. If that's all you can come up with and that's what we rely on for humor here, I wouldn't mind being banned. I am sure that there are less repetitious places to be. :mumble:

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
loco said:
Forgive me for having a problem with unoriginality. You guys get something stupid like this, just like burly did, and post it 4000 times. If that's all you can come up with and that's what we rely on for humor here, I wouldn't mind being banned. I am sure that there are less repetitious places to be. :mumble:
Seriously, if it bugs you that much why continue to click on a thread that is overloaded with the, admittedly very disgusting, pic?

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
moff_quigley said:
That's a good question. Why isn't this BS' avatar?

Hey, that avatar says its too big. Can anyone resize?

Oh, loco, STFU!

Booker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Louisville, KY
loco said:
I wouldn't mind being banned. I am sure that there are less repetitious places to be. :mumble:
Your constant crying is getting a little repetitive.:clue:

Back on topic. Ticks are pretty nasty. We get tons of them around here in the summer time. If you really want to be annoyed, go find some turkey lice (kinda like chiggers but nastier). I had that stuff for 2 weeks and itched like mad.

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
I don't understand the issue with ticks. Growing up riding in SE PA, I had at least a few ticks on me every week. You get home, check your hair over, and pull them out. If you miss a few, big friggin deal. I get that disease is an issue, but not big. The disease cases to bites is a pretty small ratio.

Sack up.