Quantcast

If splat keeps deleting his own posts...

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Westy said:
My tires are lactose intolerant.
So what? All you get is a little bit of stinky leakage from the valves every once in a while. No excuse to not reap the benefits of the dreamy creamy traction.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Skookum said:
So what? All you get is a little bit of stinky leakage from the valves every once in a while. No excuse to not reap the benefits of the dreamy creamy traction.

Stinky leakage:oink:

We used to get the empty 5 gallon milk bladders from the dorm cafeterias, tie off the hose and let them sit for a few weeks. When feeling a little mischievous we would wake some unsuspecting sucker by squeezing out all the nasty rotten milk air in their faces. Good times.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Westy said:
Stinky leakage:oink:

We used to get the empty 5 gallon milk bladders from the dorm cafeterias, tie off the hose and let them sit for a few weeks. When feeling a little mischievous we would wake some unsuspecting sucker by squeezing out all the nasty rotten milk air in their faces. Good times.
Better that no shrinks chime in on this one.:p ;)

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
splat said:
and even though the poor fellow has a square wheel we know you love him anyway
Damn straight. i mean it's possible the tricycle is mine. It's damn hard to lift dna off of aluminum. Anybody knows that.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
My guess on Westy's new ride is........a manufacturer who's name begins with a T and ends in an R............frame name begins with F and ends with X.

Am I right Westy?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
MMcG said:
My guess on Westy's new ride is........a manufacturer who's name begins with a T and ends in an R............frame name begins with F and ends with X.

Am I right Westy?

Yeah something like that. Turns out they have bolt on vee brake studs. Once I found that out it was a no brainer.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Westy said:
Yeah something like that. Turns out they have bolt on vee brake studs. Once I found that out it was a no brainer.
Y'know you could join the new millenium like the rest of us and run disc. i've heard that half and half works well in hydraulic systems.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Skookum said:
Y'know you could join the new millenium like the rest of us and run disc. i've heard that half and half works well in hydraulic systems.
I have disks on my other bikes. Vees are more than adequate for what this bike will see. No to mention I don't have the $$ to drop on a set of brakes and wheels of similar quality to what I already have, and the market ain't great for trying to sell my used rim brake wheels.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Westy said:
I have disks on my other bikes. Vees are more than adequate for what this bike will see. No to mention I don't have the $$ to drop on a set of brakes and wheels of similar quality to what I already have, and the market ain't great for trying to sell my used rim brake wheels.
Hmmm i'm dissapointed. Money just shouldn't be an obstacle to adding more dairy to your cycling.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
splat said:
We havea Guy on our local Board "MCD" who rides a walt Works 29er single speed, MMcG has been drolling over it.
Too big for me. Turns out that Mert is looking for a new frame - I pointed him in the direction of Ted Wojcik - can't beat that Ted Wojcik NEMBA deal with a stick for a full custom steel hardtail frame. $795.00 and $100 of that goes to NEMBA - now that's cool stuff right there. :thumb:

Also - Westy's bike would be too big for me, and my stock of 26" wheels is now deplete.

I guess it is 29er for me from now on. And the Surly Karate Monkey is probably the most common 29er hardtail out there right now - so there goes that argument IAB. ;)

But you'd be fast on that Superlight Splat! :)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I Are Baboon said:
Derailed into a conversation about bikes no less!! That's got to be a ridemonkey first.
We have JBP to blame for that

johnbryanpeters said:
Well, then, maybe we could talk about bicycles? We're talking a Williston to New Haven or maybe Williston to Addison epic sometime this summer...
Road or MTB ride?