Quantcast

If splat keeps deleting his own posts...

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
narlus said:
what'd you get for it? :D

I got almost as much for the Syncros cranks as I did for the frame.

A guy in Germany bought the frame and a guy from Holland bought the Syncros cranks.

I probably regret selling the cranks the most - they kicked ass.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
N8 said:
LOL!

And poor loco is still trying and is still ignored...

:p
Hey, look at me. Over here look at me. C'mon guys look at me. I have candy, please look at me. Over here........

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
MMcG said:
I guess it is 29er for me from now on. And the Surly Karate Monkey is probably the most common 29er hardtail out there right now - so there goes that argument IAB. ;)

so you are keeping the Monkey for now eh?

I am seriously considering a custom WaltWorks SS for my next bike purchase...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
MMcG said:
I got almost as much for the Syncros cranks as I did for the frame.

A guy in Germany bought the frame and a guy from Holland bought the Syncros cranks.

I probably regret selling the cranks the most - they kicked ass.
What kind of Syncros cranks were they?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
N8 said:
so you are keeping the Monkey for now eh?

I am seriously considering a custom WaltWorks SS for my next bike purchase...

Yep. gotta go with the Monkey as it was affordable and it fits.

If only On-One would have made the Inbred 29er in a 16" frame from the get go. If they had, I would have gone that route for the luxury of having those sliding dropouts and the ability to run the bike as a SS or geared (in horizontal dropout mode).

Why a custom Waltworks vs. the multitude of 29er builders out there right now? I mean Walt makes nice frames, but you'll be waiting for about 5 months to get one, when there is probably someone out there who builds frames of equal or better quality for the same price or less and with less of a wait time.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Westy said:
What kind of Syncros cranks were they?
they were 172.5mm Syncros Revolution cranks with a ti syncros bottom bracket!

the perfect length for me, light, and very stiff for their age. They were just well used and the paint had rubbed off considerably. I thought hard about getting them cleaned up and repainted, but had to pay bills instead. :dead:

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
MMcG said:
Why a custom Waltworks vs. the multitude of 29er builders out there right now? I mean Walt makes nice frames, but you'll be waiting for about 5 months to get one, when there is probably someone out there who builds frames of equal or better quality for the same price or less and with less of a wait time.

I donno... I know a guy here with 2 WW bikes and they are sweet. However, I have been entertaining the thought of something else, perhaps a Willits or even a Ti Spicer...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
N8 said:
I donno... I know a guy here with 2 WW bikes and they are sweet. However, I have been entertaining the thought of something else, perhaps a Willits or even a Spicer...
Do you want a custom because you can't find bike large enough or do you want something special as far as the geometry goes?

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Westy said:
Do you want a custom because you can't find bike large enough or do you want something special as far as the geometry goes?

More of a geometry issue... something that is specifically built for me would be cool.

J

JRB

Westy said:
Hey, look at me. Over here look at me. C'mon guys look at me. I have candy, please look at me. Over here........
Yeah - a comment about a hot chick is really trying to get me attention.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I have a 10 year old Litespeed hardtail that kicks ass. I did replace the downtube graphics with a Milwaulkees Best Ice can though.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Wow not only are you yahoo's calcium deprived, but it also appears that you're Miyazaki deficient as well.

Please continue to banter on about bikeys oblivious....:rolleyes::monkey: