Quantcast

If you were to get a new FS Trail bike - what would your short list look like?

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Mine would probably look something like this:

I have the Meta 666, but the Meta 55 would probably be the best choice for an all-around trail bike. The ability to run a 10mm qr, 12mm thru-axle, or 12mm Maxle is awesome and the way the Contact System linkage controls the shock rate is pure magic. The geometry is also great and the ability to adjust the head angle +-.5 degree on the 666 is very cool too. I can't think of another bike I'd rather ride at the moment. The only downside is the weak US dollar to the Euro makes it pretty pricey.

Yangpei

Chimp
May 31, 2005
Pasadena
I have an 07 Epiphany and an 08 Moment, so I definitely don't need another trail bike. But, if I were in the market for one, I would be looking at the Pivot Mach 5 (big Chris Cocalis fan). I've only heard great reviews for the Pivot bikes.

EastCoaster

Monkey
Mar 30, 2002
Southeastern PA
D@mn...Rufus...wish that I'd have known...
You were on a small, right?
But, you hooked a buddy of your's up and that's a cool situation... nice! :clapping:
Still my ONLY choice (and focus) for a purchase....
The Gruitr's just taking me longer to save than I orig. intended....
Still can't wait to rock those 16.5" CS's with a 2.25" stroke shock! :biggrin:

Now...if it could only get a little warmer....

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
D@mn...Rufus...wish that I'd have known...
You were on a small, right?
But, you hooked a buddy of your's up and that's a cool situation... nice! :clapping:
Still my ONLY choice (and focus) for a purchase....
The Gruitr's just taking me longer to save than I orig. intended....
Still can't wait to rock those 16.5" CS's with a 2.25" stroke shock! :biggrin:

Now...if it could only get a little warmer....
Yeah, he was pumped.
It was a medium. I was going to get a small and got a medium instead, never paid attention to my for sale ads but noticed that I wrote small.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
You know, why not just go with the original "All Mountain" bike?

Built up with a pretty standard XT/Sram x-9 build it is right at 31lbs and that is with a 3 year old Fork. You could easily drop 1.5-2lbs with an updated 150mm travel fork

Raise the seat, put a little extra air in the rear shock and you have an XC machine, perfect for slicing up your favorite single track or those long climbs.

Set it up with a little more sag and slower rebound, lower the seat and everything but the most serious DH will keep you smiling.

With all that being said, I am surprised no one has mentioned the Specialized Pivot