Quantcast

***Il Monday GMT***

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
:rant:

DMV doesn't have paperwork from the dealership so I can register my truck. My temp tag expires tomorrow. This is annoying to me.
I'm going to run into this, too. Illinois dealership and Volvo Financial don't have their shit together, I can say with high certainty.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I am now lobster sun burnt, but it was a great ride and way better than working.

Getting food and then might go for another loop.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
that's what you get for buying a bro-dozer
What exactly are the qualifications for a bro-dozer these days? It's a stock Ram 3500 diesel.

I'm going to run into this, too. Illinois dealership and Volvo Financial don't have their shit together, I can say with high certainty.
I called the DMV and the woman who answered (who was actually quite nice, fancy that) said I have to call the dealership and figure out WTF they did with the paperwork. In the mean time, I can either ask the dealer to issue me another temp tag, or go pay the DMV and pay $7.80 for the same privilege. Fun fun!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
don't worry, you'll feel like this when you're done (and pass)

Passed - 76%. Not my best work, but I'll take it. Primary missed topics were taxation related issues and futures/options. Neither of which I deal with regularly and if I were, I'd have a CPA involved for taxation. I generally don't touch options beyond simple covered strategies, which this was way beyond. A bit on structured products, but the only assholes that sell those to normal retail investors are Edward Jones advisors and I'm not going to become one of those shady fuckers, so no concerns there.

Either way, I've gone back to plumbing and yard work. Replacing the internals on a toilet currently and already replaced 3 sprinkler sprayers with rotor heads plus mowed, weed whacked, bush cut, etc. Shit has been let to run wild for the last 2 months.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The word of the day: Scopecreep

Without formal requirements, what is something supposed to look like? Its Calvinball up in here.Whoever has the ball makes the rules.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Good weekend. Had Friday off, so I kept my oldest home from preschool and we hung out, took him to a reptile zoo. Went out to the desert Saturday morning and went shooting with some buddies and then met the wife and family out in Palm Springs for some R&R. Nice to just get out of the house while they finish up the work. Approaching 6 months on the reno and starting to go crazy. I need my space back.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I'm with Tim on this one. Stock wheel/tire combo and stock suspension doesn't qualify for bro-dozer status, IMO.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Well, I'm still lobster sun burnt and didn't eat (much) food, but I found beer. Time for a donkey bike ride.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Ugh. Just did some rough calcs on the revised income tax numbers if I buy a house under the new rules. It’s grim. The CA tax rate and the LA median home price and resulting RE Tax make it look brutal for me to leave my rent controlled apartment.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
That's Friday. @Toshi and I are going to go shuttlin'...

trying to subtly manipulate my better half to want to go out of town on saturday morning instead of friday night because i want to go riding in le pisgah all day friday...without telling her it’s because i want to go riding in le pisgah all day friday. a delicate dance this is...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I am always surprised when strangers let me take their bikes for a test ride. If I see a bike I think is interesting. I will in a nice way compliment the rider and ask polite questions about how it rides and stuff.