Quantcast

***Il Saturday GMT***

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
It's the usual thing; he stepped into a local coffee shop near his house for a moment, turned around and it was gone. Some drunk nearby saw it and pointed up the road, he said a crackhead nabbed it.

We are getting a patio beer to calm buddies nerves down and then going back out hunting. Hopefully the douchebag left it on a porch.
Shitty. Well, I wish you all the best with your hunting expedition.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Grease/oil in the seal bed?
Is it blowing out on the air side or damper?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Also should note that I used PM600 grease instead of Sram Butter. It was left over from servicing a Revelation as per Rockshox recommendations. Not sure if that could be the cause or not. Either way going for attempt number five.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Also should note that I used PM600 grease instead of Sram Butter. It was left over from servicing a Revelation as per Rockshox recommendations. Not sure if that could be the cause or not. Either way going for attempt number five.
I only use that stuff on the coil in my Boxxer, might be too sticky inside an air chamber. Slicky Honey used inside air forks for me.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
I only use that stuff on the coil in my Boxxer, might be too sticky inside an air chamber. Slicky Honey used inside air forks for me.
If I had Slick Honey or Sram's branded version, I'd have used it. PM600 worked fine on the Revelation which is what they recommended.

Really need to make an order for basic stuff like that and a roll of shifter housing, etc.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Was able to re-seat the dust seal without taking everything apart. Huge time saver this go-around. Removed the valve core and could not push the fork all the way down. Did the zip-tie burp trick and aired up the fork. It takes way more psi to set the sag now. It was down to 15psi. No bang sound on any of the test rides. Not 100% but seems to be holding.

Will definitely do some local rides before heading out on any long solo backcountry Pisgah epics.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Trail bike is waiting on parts, so headed out with the wife on our HT's loaded up for a 63 mile loop, topped out at 11200ft and found a new trail we can incorporate into other rides too.

Now waiting on pork tenderloin ftw.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
L .Ccc x 767 7 7. Y

Not enough roxx today. Have to get more coastal next time.
Speaking of riding, the Firebird was a mixed bag. WAAAAY to fucking long for me (reach of 445, and I think the rocky is too long for me at 430). However, really great climber, and stable as fuck in the chunder. It's is a great bike for someone, just not me.