Quantcast

***Il Thursday GMT***

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Not for long I hope. I've been seeing "No E-bike" signs popping up on the trails in Cali.

And if I saw you I'd for sure heckle you. It's to the point that my girlfriend tells me to be nice to the e-bikers. But I'm a dick so I don't listen :monkey:
Recently legalized. Things may change going forward, but I am open to looking stupid and being heckled if it lets me do big rides with less pushing the bike up climbs after bonking.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
This worries me. It sounds perhaps even worse than Resolution Road up to Ptarmagin Pass. :fie:
After descending that while doing a dirty copper triangle I was happier climbing to Kokomo rather than climbing up that road.

As Nick said, it's not long, just steep and annoying.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
pinion nut came loose on the rear end of the dart yesterday on hotrod power tour....brother borrowed a rear end ....a shop replaced it....drove car back to charlotte....

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Based on prior rides, I'm pretty sure @SkaredShtles feeds off the misery of others. The worse I feel, the stronger he gets.
I believe that your theory may have merit.

Ah, so his AC cheapness is really a way to suck the life force from his family. Got it.
Those little fuckers all OWE me, dammit.

Oh - and we're gonna get through today without turning on the A/C. :homer:

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Recently legalized. Things may change going forward, but I am open to looking stupid and being heckled if it lets me do big rides with less pushing the bike up climbs after bonking.
Why not just ditch the e-bike and do it the “old fashion” way by riding a normal (26”/27.5”/29”) bike on said big rides and ride what you can and push what you can’t? I swear it’ll make you a stronger and better rider in the end. And you will not look stupid or be heckled.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Break a spring? Those are fun to replace; every single article I read before doing it said to be uber careful that your hand doesn’t slip off the winding bar or you’ll lose your face.
Garage door wasn't opening, in my investigation I thought the one cable spindle had moved on the axle causing it to foul the door.
Then realized it was the garage door had slid slightly to one side, but by then I'd messed up the tension in the cables and springs. Activating the system isn't lifting the door now. Local company coming to fix it tomorrow.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Why not just ditch the e-bike and do it the “old fashion” way by riding a normal (26”/27.5”/29”) bike on said big rides and ride what you can and push what you can’t? I swear it’ll make you a stronger and better rider in the end. And you will not look stupid or be heckled.
I'll heckle him regardless of what he's on. E-bike? He's getting the shizz. Regular bike? He's gon' get the shizz too. :D

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, I am at wifey's 25th Dartmouth reunion. I realized pretty quickly that for the most part, I had more in common with the caterers than the fancy pants dudes I met.
With a few exceptions, she has some fun old friends.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Front hadley has been boosted, wheel has been re-dished, too. Now on to crown race transfer shenanigans, steerer cutting, etc. The fork arrived with 170mm of travel, I may have to shorten than a bit, too.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
If I think the concept is stupid after demoing a few I’ll be the first to admit it.

I did try a recumbent and backed away from that edge, after all. (It was noisy, the handling was weird, and not being able to hop up curbs would inhibit my commuting style.)

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I love it when new gear arrives
got them mail order from Road Runner Sports . They feel so different from my old broken in shoes. Same Asics Gel Cumulus as before just a newer model. These are going to need some breaking in as they feel stiffer from the get go.

guess I am going for a run when it cools down tonight

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Hummingbirds do not belong in our living room. I politely relocated it outside.

At least it didn't shit everywhere like the last house finch that came inside...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Toshi stop being a lump:D

three years ago I when I was 80 pounds overweight I could barely ride up short grades in my easiest gear on the road bike but I pushed on. Then I got back on the mountain bike. I did a hell of a lot of hike a bikes, trust me on that one. as I lost weight and kept working out the hike a bikes got fewer and fewer. Now days they are very rare and are mostly due to technical stuff that my 61 year old body can't do anymore. wean thyself from the ebike sonny boy:busted:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Toshi stop being a lump:D

three years ago I when I was 80 pounds overweight I could barely ride up short grades in my easiest gear on the road bike but I pushed on. Then I got back on the mountain bike. I did a hell of a lot of hike a bikes, trust me on that one. as I lost weight and kept working out the hike a bikes got fewer and fewer. Now days they are very rare and are mostly due to technical stuff that my 61 year old body can't do anymore. wean thyself from the ebike sonny boy:busted:
search the rm forums for "toshi" "thai food" "gmt" "drunken noodle" etc. lots of results.