Quantcast

i'll take Ohio State please.

.Pit Steelers.

Nostradumbass
Jun 18, 2006
Hawaii
Yeah but you know us we have one 5 of the last 6...We whould sasa mainland teams.

Im starting to question as to how Troy Smith won the Hiesmen and Colt Brennen didnt..

.Pit Steelers.

Nostradumbass
Jun 18, 2006
Hawaii
....no but i think you can shut the hell up....

no but...i'll give Floridas D credit and i'll give Ohios O no credit....what 84 yards on offense? If they had Ginn it whould have been a diffrent outcome but oh well.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Didn't Florida win the division 1 basketball tournament last year? When was the last time a school held both the football and basketball national championships at the same time?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
^ I do believe that's a first Echo!

PS: Anyone see that 'woman' during the trophy presentation? Is that the Joker's wife?

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
....no but i think you can shut the hell up....

no but...i'll give Floridas D credit and i'll give Ohios O no credit....what 84 yards on offense? If they had Ginn it whould have been a diffrent outcome but oh well.
Maybee 85 yards on Offense. I really don't follow football at all, but you bull headedness in this thread just plain old opened you up to it.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
I think we decided that it hadn't happened before.

Rob's going to be pretty much insufferable now.
What?

Everyone chant... Its great to be a F L O R I D A G A T O R.

Its great to be a F L O R I D A G A T O R.

Its great to be a F L O R I D A G A T O R.

And for the record NO, no one else has held concurrent Football and Basketball championships.

And Yes that was freaking holding on OSU first touchdown, but who cares!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Did someone forget to remind Ohio State to get off the bus and play the game? Talk about laying a goose egg. Maybe all those Ohio State and Michigan loudmouths will shut up now.

America wants to see a Florida/Boise State game. :clue:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Having the National Title game after the start of the NFL playoffs and major conference basketball play is a gigantic mistake.
Did I hear correctly that Ohio State had to wait 50 days to play this game!? That's over 7 weeks...that's half a season! Anyone that thinks the 50 day layoff didn't hurt Ohio State is a moron.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Did I hear correctly that Ohio State had to wait 50 days to play this game!? That's over 7 weeks...that's half a season! Anyone that thinks the 50 day layoff didn't hurt Ohio State is a moron.
I think someone said it was 51 days to be exact, but I don't know and don't have the time to look it up right now, maybe in a bit!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I just read this entire thread. Holy cripes, talk about a thread backfiring. It's s if .Pit Steelers. was peeing into hurricane force winds.
You know that Seinfeld episode where George does the exact opposite of what he would normally do? I think .PIT STEELERS. might want to try that.

.Pit Steelers.

Nostradumbass
Jun 18, 2006
Hawaii
Let me tell you what happend.....first off they knew Ted Ginn. Jr was there biggest playmaker...but they also knew that Anthony Gonzalez was a big time threat...but they also had a way to stop the running game...so what there plan was...was to hurt Ted Ginn. Jr so that they could dobble team Gonzalez and they could keep they whould send the DE's in a pinch which whould make Troy smith have to step forward where the LB's and intterior linemen whould get sacks on him.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Actually Ginn got hurt in an end-zone celebration, so there goes that theory.
But the real problem was that Florida's D Line OWNED Ohio States and Troy Smith had NO CHANCE to make a play.

...add into that the fact that Florida's offense is WAY FASTER than Ohio State's D and you get the result you got. SEC teams are just tougher in the end.