bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Thanks all. I'm so happy to be breathing on my own through my nose instead of my throat blow-hole, and eating through my mouth instead of a tube in my nose... Now if I could get to wipe my own butt and not need to pee in a bag or diaper, things would be peachy.
Took my first steps today with help of a machine and three therapists. Feeding myself a bit and brushing my teeth. Docs are amazed.
Christ almighty man. Good to hear your making such progress. :thumb: Having my trache removed, the first time I was able to wipe my own ass again, and taking unassisted steps ranks right up there with my daughter being born. I don't think anyone who hasn't had to learn to do it all again really appreciates how truly complex and difficult such things can be. I assume you've been moved closer to home? Hope your getting something to eat besides hospital food.:bad: You want some books or movies or something? Hope your sleeping alright. I was always passed out cold when someone would come in for rehab or labs or whatever but could never sleep at night. Keep up the good/hard work!

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
5am blood draws suck as a wake up, and the home town nurses can't compare to the canadian ones.

Walked with a walker today and I've got my neck collar off, and I'm cleared to drink water.

Left hand is still mostly dead, but waking up bit by bit.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
5am blood draws suck as a wake up, and the home town nurses can't compare to the canadian ones.

Walked with a walker today and I've got my neck collar off, and I'm cleared to drink water.

Left hand is still mostly dead, but waking up bit by bit.
awesome news - keep it up!

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Christ almighty man. Good to hear your making such progress. :thumb: Having my trache removed, the first time I was able to wipe my own ass again, and taking unassisted steps ranks right up there with my daughter being born. I don't think anyone who hasn't had to learn to do it all again really appreciates how truly complex and difficult such things can be. I assume you've been moved closer to home? Hope your getting something to eat besides hospital food.:bad: You want some books or movies or something? Hope your sleeping alright. I was always passed out cold when someone would come in for rehab or labs or whatever but could never sleep at night. Keep up the good/hard work!
Had no idea you had been through this type of stuff, thanks for sharing.

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007
Dang dude. Glad you're healing up fast! Saw that thread in the DH when it was up. Gnarly ish fo sho. Healing vibes bro, healing vibes.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Climbing and descending stairs now with help, transferring to and from the car to my wheelchair, walked 150 feet with help in a walker including turns, eating on my own, brushing my own teeth, allowed to drink water and other thin liquids.

In your face paralysis!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Climbing and descending stairs now with help, transferring to and from the car to my wheelchair, walked 150 feet with help in a walker including turns, eating on my own, brushing my own teeth, allowed to drink water and other thin liquids.

In your face paralysis!
have you mastered squirting liquids from your trache? I think that would make a sweet addition to your suspension act

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
More walking on the assisted treadmill this week. Now using a walker, climbing stairs with a little balance help, and standing with supervision. Just keep succking it up, I got no time for pain.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Gotta change the avatar, spinal cord injury takes that activity off the map for years, and likely the rest of my life. Glad I made hay while the sun was shining. My reflex system is now too compromised and stuff I could do before could give me a seizure or stroke, even just being in a hot room could sicken or kill me.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
More walking on the assisted treadmill this week. Now using a walker, climbing stairs with a little balance help, and standing with supervision. Just keep succking it up, I got no time for pain.
Keep kicking ass dude. :thumb:

Are you in a halo?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Gotta change the avatar, spinal cord injury takes that activity off the map for years, and likely the rest of my life. Glad I made hay while the sun was shining. My reflex system is now too compromised and stuff I could do before could give me a seizure or stroke, even just being in a hot room could sicken or kill me.
You never know dude. What you are capable of doing might surprise you. Just don't think about what you used to enjoy doing, but focus on where you are now.

And there ain't no shame in the walker. It beats the fvck out of the chair. Roadie handle bar tape is better for the grip. I wrapped some around the handle of my genuine simulated wood grain cane.

Stay strong mang...