Quantcast

I'm back

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Seriously dude, you have no tact.:disgust1:
I meant ZERO disrespect.

We're speaking with a guy who puts hooks through his skin and hangs from the rafters doing it, who happens to be happy to be alive. If any of us in this entire forum would be proud of showing their scars and or battle wounds from riding, it would be mandown.

Wentz posted pics of his own staples online not long after being released from the hospital. There are pics in less than 24 hours of a Red Bull competitors riveted femur and you're not whining.

Last time I checked, we are DH'ers and most take pride in their battle wounds. I'm not looking for any gore factor and stated that!!!!:mad:

Please let me know when you start using tact there, pedo bear.:rolleyes:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Miss the canadian nurses.
Only had a halo for a day, until they fused my neck, now I just have scars.
Can't ride or do hooks because of the internal damage - look up autonomic dysreflexia (sp?)
Pictures may follow. Mom has them from day two when I was on every tube on the planet.

**** the walker, tried the cane today for the first time and I'm already killing it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
A little defensive there princess. If you could learn when to keep your mouth shut you might not have this problem.:thumb:
I'm with bizutch. Consider who we're talking about here. Not everyone is a delicate little flower like you. :nopity:

Adam, its great to hear the progress you're making. Keep up the good work man. :cheers:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Can't ride or do hooks because of the internal damage - look up autonomic dysreflexia (sp?)
Pictures may follow. Mom has them from day two when I was on every tube on the planet.

**** the walker, tried the cane today for the first time and I'm already killing it.
:thumb: Fvck yea man. You'll probably ditch the cane just as quick. Although if you look on line there are some absolutely bad ass ones to be found. I was actually slightly disappointed to have not needed one long enough to justify billing my insurance for a spiffy new one. Walking is good. :weee:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal

I used to be a live in attendant for a quad, and have seen AD first hand. Not fun. However, I can tell you that herb really really helps the AD. Watching that fellows symptoms vanish with the first bong load made a medical MJ believer out of me.

That job taught me a few things... one is that spinal cord injuries really really suck. On a magnitude and level that most of us just can't comprehend. Another thing I learned was that if you're in a halo and walking you got really lucky. It's very cool that you have chosen the positive attitude. I saw too many people in the rehab hospitals choose the negative attitude and it really affected their healing and rehab progress. Keep kicking ass dude. :thumb:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Got a staff in my pants.

They are sending me home to mom's house after two months in four hospitals in two countries. A few months of rehab and I should be back to work and living alone again, hoping for it by 2011!

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Got a staff in my pants.

They are sending me home to mom's house after two months in four hospitals in two countries. A few months of rehab and I should be back to work and living alone again, hoping for it by 2011!
That's awesome news Adam. Fvcking inspirational. Keep it up man.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Got a staff in my pants.

Sweet.

Know the difference between a terrorist and a physical therapist?

You can negotiate with a terrorist.

Heard that when I was in PT from my PT. She was right too. That woman was hardcore.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I stood and pissed in a real porcelain urinal for the first time in two months today.

Oh yeah, and I walked on my own today. No device, just a spotter. Fvcking paralysis my eye!

j.les

Monkey
Jul 21, 2007
Chicago
I stood and pissed in a real porcelain urinal for the first time in two months today.

Oh yeah, and I walked on my own today. No device, just a spotter. Fvcking paralysis my eye!
That's awesome! 3 years ago this month I went through the same thing.

Keep on keepin' on!

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Home yesterday. Took a wheel around the block with mom and had a real meal.

Home care agencies all flaked, so it is just me and mom. She is doing amazing work. Sadly I'm living with mom and wearing a diaper again at 35 :-) Next time you think life is tough, realize some of us have to have mom pop a finger in the pooper on a daily basis, just so we don't die. Of course ther is all the crap they trained her to do, like cleaning and suctioning my trache, that I don't need any longer. I'm sure this will all just be a funny story one day... And then I get to return the favor.

Good news is that I had my first cup o coffee in months today, no more injections in the belly twice a day, and mom supports the idea of bringing down my electronic drums. I don't want to work, I want to bang on the drum all day.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Good news is that I had my first cup o coffee in months today, no more injections in the belly twice a day, and mom supports the idea of bringing down my electronic drums. I don't want to work, I want to bang on the drum all day.
Lovenox? God I hated that sh*t. Though I assume having needles poked into your skin doesn't bother you as much as most of us. :D I refused to drink the coffee at the hospital, Jebus that stuff was bad. Props to mom, :thumb:

Last edited:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Tested the doctors' handy work with my first fall and head impact when leaving the shower last night. Looks like I don't need to cash in on the warranty yet :-)

Rehab is tough, but so worth it.

Gunner

Monkey
May 6, 2003
Framingham, MA
Mandown....very inspirational and awesome to read your progress! I've put off getting a Leatt this year since I didnt have a DH bike, but you can count on me buying a Leatt the day I get a new dh bike!

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Well, I'm out of the hospital, and going to outpatient rehab. I'm starting to walk around the house without any support devices (cane/walker), and the rehab therapists are kicking my ass to move farther and faster. The left arm is having some issues due to being in a constant spasm, but the muscle tone is returning.

I got back to my apartment last weekend for the first time in months. I snagged some toys, including my computer with Pro Tools and my electronic drums. I'm not ready to play bass yet, but I can lay down some drum loops and use my iPad to play synth parts over them.

It feels good to be getting back to living life as a person and not letting this crippled crap keep me from doing things I love.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I'd rep that last post about 20 times if I could. Couldn't even do it once though. :rant: