Quantcast

I'm liking the new IH type6 proto

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
wyrm said:
DW.... Looking for more info on the bike.... What are the measurements on the bike? Head angle? Seat angle? Wheel base length? Chain stay length? Also most importantly what fork was the bike built around? Meaning the AC height?
Come on, let's read the thread here before asking questions that have already been answered.

dw said:
Rock Shox Blackbox had built a custom 6" air boxxer for Sam for it
dw said:
BB height, I don t remember off the top of my head but its in the 12s.
dw said:
Its geometry is basically the same as a Sunday, its just lower to the ground. It also has a hair shorter rear end than a Sunday

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
W4S said:
It does for where I want to ride it.
Well, it clearly has no place to mount one, and looks to have no cable stops for an E-type either. So I'd say you're SOL for that particular model ;)... but some people have rigged E-types up to some strange bikes, so it might be feasible as a do-it-yourself job.

On the other hand, it's not a production bike, so if it ever hit the production lines, who knows what it'd have?

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
binary visions said:
Well, it clearly has no place to mount one, and looks to have no cable stops for an E-type either. So I'd say you're SOL for that particular model ;)... but some people have rigged E-types up to some strange bikes, so it might be feasible as a do-it-yourself job.

On the other hand, it's not a production bike, so if it ever hit the production lines, who knows what it'd have?
This bike will be the suck if it doesn't show up with FD compatibility. :redhot: :)

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
What would be the point of an fd on this? Buy a 7 point...

This is a lightweight dh bike and is purpose built as such, yeah it might make an incredible fr bike for alot of folks but isnt aimed at that type of riding as of yet...Just run 1 ring and forget about it.

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
manhattanprjkt83 said:

This is a lightweight dh bike and is purpose built as such, yeah it might make an incredible fr bike for alot of folks but isnt aimed at that type of riding as of yet...Just run 1 ring and forget about it.
Argghh!!!! I know what I WANT, and I don't WANT a 7point, I WANT a 6" travel, lite weight DH oriented bike that can still be pedaled uphill. because some of the best DH runs here are only accessible by climbing to them, or involve some type of climbing. We are getting some lift-accessed places, but that's what the DH bike is for.

I WANT something to replace this, but better and more capable.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
manhattanprjkt83 said:

:stupid: Exactly.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
W4S said:
Argghh!!!! I know what I WANT, and I don't WANT a 7point, I WANT a 6" travel, lite weight DH oriented bike that can still be pedaled uphill. because some of the best DH runs here are only accessible by climbing to them, or involve some type of climbing. We are getting some lift-accessed places, but that's what the DH bike is for.

I WANT something to replace this, but better and more capable.

You want a Specialized Enduro. :p

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
the first thing i noticed as a major difference form the sundays is that the lower link and shock aren't tucked away in the front triangle, making the shock and its adjustment knobs more accessible (more like the dw trail). good move :thumb:

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Ok people, I will repeat it here again for ya. This Type 6 SSO was a development prototype. There are no plans to bring it to market right now. However, there will be a similar styled bike in the 07 line called the 6POINT. It will be a 6" travel bike w/ DHX Air. It will have an 83/150 set-up to allow use of bigger tires. It will have an FD so don't worry about that.

-ska todd

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
ska todd said:
Ok people, I will repeat it here again for ya. This Type 6 SSO was a development prototype. There are no plans to bring it to market right now. However, there will be a similar styled bike in the 07 line called the 6POINT. It will be a 6" travel bike w/ DHX Air. It will have an 83/150 set-up to allow use of bigger tires. It will have an FD so don't worry about that.

-ska todd
So will the 07' type 6 SSO be available with a dhx air? I heard you are making some new bolts for this model? Can i order one today? I have been waiting for a baby sunday to come out, so i finally have something to mount my sid wc on...

Also will my existing e.14 guide work on sam hill's bike? If not im not buying one...83mm bb shell's are for huckers...

:evil:

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
What's up with all these chicken legs that can't climb a 36t or 38t with a MTB cassette? Single ring is lighter, cheaper, and stronger than another deraillure that never works right. Don't be a wuss.

I want this bike NOW, just how it is in the pics. A QR rear wheel would be nice. QR's are lighter and easier, plus it's a lot cheaper to get a QR hub or backup wheel. Of course, that's just a want, I would still buy this frame with a 150mm or heck, even a 184.95838mm rear end. This frame is exactly what I'm looking for!

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
fiddy_ryder said:
any pics of the 6 point series?
"Seconded!!!" The gentleman from the back row shouted. What the rest of the audience didn't know is this man was looking to upgrade his trail bike and was waiting with nervous fervor for the 6 point. He looked all over Mount Snow for it but alas, his efforts bore no fruit.

:(

HTnickS

Chimp
Jun 29, 2004
North Bend WAShington
bikenweed said:
What's up with all these chicken legs that can't climb a 36t or 38t with a MTB cassette? Single ring is lighter, cheaper, and stronger than another deraillure that never works right. Don't be a wuss.

I want this bike NOW, just how it is in the pics. A QR rear wheel would be nice. QR's are lighter and easier, plus it's a lot cheaper to get a QR hub or backup wheel. Of course, that's just a want, I would still buy this frame with a 150mm or heck, even a 184.95838mm rear end. This frame is exactly what I'm looking for!
well put, I cant wait for the 6 point or whatever. Im excited!

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
The 6POINT will be released at Eurobike. Till then, no "official" pics.

-ska todd

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
manhattanprjkt83 said:
:stupid:...

I totally agree, if this bike was on the market i would have canceled my order for the transition bottlerocket...
do that anyway :clue: ;)

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I still want to know what kind of climbs people are doing in their 38 tooth rings. I routinely ride my 40 lb rig up roughly 2,000 feet of elevation gain. Maybe I AM chicken legged, but that kind of thing really sucks without a double, especially when carrying gear.

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
I fvcking hate front derailleurs.... suck it up! I'd rather suffer climbing than have one of those lame shifting, never adjusted, chain dropping, clickity clackety, handlebar crowding, additional cable adding contraptions dangling off of any of my bikes!

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Coma, I agree FD's are not needed sometimes, and I like a clean rig too.

But seriously, what kind of climbs are you doing, and what kind of rig are we talking about? How much vertical, in how many miles, on how big a bike?