Quantcast

Infinoen - woo hoo

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
surfinguru said:
Can anybody confirm that Foes is set up in the Expo area? I need to talk to Brent about my frame. Thanks!
the foes team/truck was there.

I know sanjay

Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
The OC
if norba sucks then why would you go wearing ur noba sucks shirt, boycott it if u really wanna stick it to them, dont attend the race and then be so radical in ur antiestablishment shirt as u put money in their pocket, geniouses

_bp

Monkey
Apr 20, 2004
Annandale
Nobody is attending the races. Have you seen the class sizes in a while? Apparently, perhaps like yourself, Norba has not seemed to notice. Maybe they will notice the shirts though.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I know sanjay said:
if norba sucks then why would you go wearing ur noba sucks shirt, boycott it if u really wanna stick it to them, dont attend the race and then be so radical in ur antiestablishment shirt as u put money in their pocket, geniouses
If you want to sound all bad ass and serious, don't use AOL speak to berate someone.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
The words I would use to describe the DH course would be, off camber, slippery, narrow (really don't want to fall off in most places), and really deep/narrow ruts by Saturday.

I slipped out / rolled a bunch of times in practice on Thursday and Friday. Sunday, I had two clean practice runs, then a clean race run of 2min and 36s. putting me in 10th out of 21.

Merrrrrrrrrrjig, weren't those Tundras? I heard that they were donated and become rental cars or are sold to something like Hertz. I think it was a great way to shuttle. They were some steep sections on the dirt road (wide path) up the hill to the top of the DH course, and the Toyotas were perfect for it.

Threepointtwo

Monkey
Jun 21, 2002
SLC, UT
I didn't stick around for the Pro race. I left in disgust. I was warned but couldn't resist and gave it a shot and lost badly. I couldn't hang on to the side of the hill on that deer trail "National Caliber" racecourse. Everything but the view and the shuttle trucks sucked. I learned a lesson and will not return next year. All is better now after spending the day in Napa sampling wine.

So, who won the pro DH?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Ha, who won or who won the us title?

USAC is apparently refusing to give out the true race results, claiming that only american riders will be on the results sheets. WTF?

Riffle won the title with Llannes, but as far as I know neither were close to winning the race.

SPrider

Monkey
Feb 18, 2005
cavalier got a 1:51 and the fastest time of the day, rando was in there with a 1:52 i think, and 17 year old ben bell with a 1:53, riffle got a 1:54 and won US mens pro, minnaar fell and got a 1:56 i think, anyway thats all i remember

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
SPrider said:
cavalier got a 1:51 and the fastest time of the day, rando was in there with a 1:52 i think, and 17 year old ben bell with a 1:53, riffle got a 1:54 and won US mens pro, minnaar fell and got a 1:56 i think, anyway thats all i remember
Honda boys?

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
Transcend said:
Ha, who won or who won the us title?

USAC is apparently refusing to give out the true race results, claiming that only american riders will be on the results sheets. WTF?

Riffle won the title with Llannes, but as far as I know neither were close to winning the race.
Wait, wait. This race was scheduled to be a regular stop on the National circuit was it not? It was NORBA (or whoever the hell is in charge) who decided to make it the US champs after it was determined that Mammoth was a no-go...
So why penalize the international racers who were already scheduled to race Infinion? I'm thinking all the international guys paid an entry fee and raced the same shi**y course as the 'mericans, so why hold the results back??

I can't imagine why anyone would have wanted to attend this cycling travesty. :nonono:

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Fonzie18 said:
Wait, wait. This race was scheduled to be a regular stop on the National circuit was it not? It was NORBA (or whoever the hell is in charge) who decided to make it the US champs after it was determined that Mammoth was a no-go...
So why penalize the international racers who were already scheduled to race Infinion? I'm thinking all the international guys paid an entry fee and raced the same shi**y course as the 'mericans, so why hold the results back??

I can't imagine why anyone would have wanted to attend this cycling travesty. :nonono:
Yep. They decided to make Infineon the site of the National Champs. Then decided that it was O.K. for all the other international competitors to compete because there were series overall points at stake. There was a bulletin put up by USAC...or whoever...awhile back....I don't feel like searching for it right now, but that's the jist of it....

I wonder if norba, usac, or whoever will cave to pressure from all the teams that had international riders racing and actually release the "real" results....

FARQ

Chimp
Jul 6, 2006
In my Head
It's funny, I think half the people on this board that swore they would boycott were there. The phrase of the weekend was "It is was it is" if that indicates anything. I saw lots of happy people and thought it was not near as bad as everyone here made it out to be. Honestly I thought the venue was poor and could not compare with Mammoth but-it is what it is. Time to move on and look forward. Hopefully EC will get that race series up by then. Fourcross racing was insane by the way, some of the best I have ever seen. Go Eric. Lopes has some serious horsepower.

I know sanjay

Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
The OC
Transcend said:
If you want to sound all bad ass and serious, don't use AOL speak to berate someone.
hitting the theseaurus is a good way to make yourself sound smart too, its not about grammar, its about sticking it to the man. fight the power

basikbiker

Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
Northern Cali
all races at infineon in the past have been phucking ****ty, and in my previous post stands. also most of the snow has melted from mammoth so they still could of had a halfway decent course down lower velocity or bullit.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
FARQ said:
It's funny, I think half the people on this board that swore they would boycott were there. The phrase of the weekend was "It is was it is" if that indicates anything. I saw lots of happy people and thought it was not near as bad as everyone here made it out to be. Honestly I thought the venue was poor and could not compare with Mammoth but-it is what it is. Time to move on and look forward. Hopefully EC will get that race series up by then. Fourcross racing was insane by the way, some of the best I have ever seen. Go Eric. Lopes has some serious horsepower.

great racing imo... small turnout though.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
:stupid:

Despite the lack course construction, I think it made quite a challenge: to not slip down the hill. The faster you went in sections, the more challenging it became.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
mtnbrider said:
:stupid:

Despite the lack course construction, I think it made quite a challenge: to not slip down the hill. The faster you went in sections, the more challenging it became.
for sure... they did pretty well w/ what they had to work with... but still as things go, a pretty shiet course.

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
Question;
Was the venue/courses at Sonoma better than Fontana?

It just seems to me like people are settling for less. I look at old videos from the late 90's and I see a different sport, I see the sport I originally decided to dedicate most of my time and effort into. People should be outraged at the venue selection for this year's "National" series (Sonoma/Fontana), instead people are settling for "good enough". :wonky2:

LaytonDH

Monkey
Dec 19, 2003
UT
Fonzie18 said:
Question;
Was the venue/courses at Sonoma better than Fontana?

It just seems to me like people are settling for less. I look at old videos from the late 90's and I see a different sport, I see the sport I originally decided to dedicate most of my time and effort into. People should be outraged at the venue selection for this year's "National" series (Sonoma/Fontana), instead people are settling for "good enough". :wonky2:
You don't even have to look back to the 90's. This year we had Fontana DH, Sonoma DH, and the SLC 4x/BMX fiascos. None of those courses were legit to their event. On the other hand venues that were left out this year: Mammoth, Durango, Snowshoe, Schweitzer ID. To make matters worse, if Norba thinks they need new venues, what about Bootleg Canyon, Platekill, and Northstar?

Threepointtwo

Monkey
Jun 21, 2002
SLC, UT
Fontana was better IMO. The top at least, was good. There were rocks and it was a challenge to ride that part. The Wall sucked but even with that, I would take Fontana over this piece of crap.

Infineon was easy to ride, hard to ride fast. There was no separate beginner course - they ran the same course as the pros. It was really hard to ride fast because it was only about 6" wide most of the the way down and was washed out in many places. I didn't see a rock the whole weekend, no root in sight but I did see a few trees in the landscaping near the race track. It would be an interesting local race course for something different but to decide "the best downhiller in the Nation"? - that was a joke.

Threepointtwo said:
Fontana was better IMO. The top at least, was good. There were rocks and it was a challenge to ride that part. The Wall sucked but even with that, I would take Fontana over this piece of crap.

Infineon was easy to ride, hard to ride fast. There was no separate beginner course - they ran the same course as the pros. It was really hard to ride fast because it was only about 6" wide most of the the way down and was washed out in many places. I didn't see a rock the whole weekend, no root in sight but I did see a few trees in the landscaping near the race track. It would be an interesting local race course for something different but to decide "the best downhiller in the Nation"? - that was a joke.
Touche! Don't think I could have said it better myself. Hopefully next year they think it through a little better and have a contingency plan in place BEFORE the season starts.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Bummer about the lame venue....but you guys knew what you were getting yourself into.

Should've come to Snowmass. Off the hook! Del bosco won over Graves and Leov.

T23

Chimp
Jul 13, 2006
I think Vermont gets the national championship for 07, 08..Nobody wants to deal with norba/TBB anymore, they just don't care about the sport anymore, its all about making there paychecks...

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Fonzie18 said:
EXACTLY.

I boycotted all the nationals this year. Not that I would have gone to a heap of them, but anyway I boycotted the Sugar one, which was less than 3 hrs from my door.

I know lots of people enjoyed the Sugar course, but it pisses me off that they were that happy with it in the half un-finished condition it was in. Just think how stoked people would have been if they put a proper amount of time to build it and not rely on 4-5 pros killing themselves in the last few days to get it racable.

ride_fast

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
boulder, co
SylentK said:
Should've come to Snowmass. Off the hook! Del bosco won over Graves and Leov.
No kidding! Snowmass was sick. The downhill track seemed smoother and faster than last year and the 4x track was almost the same as last year with a cool new first strait and a few other changes. Del bosco looked way faster than graves and Leov in the waterfall. It ended up being close, they all were within one second of each other.

Rye_Bread

Monkey
Mar 22, 2006
Boulder
Fonzie18 said:
Look for a skinny dark kid holding a video camera, he is one of the official "distributors" of those shirts...If you can't spot him, listen for words such as "hella", "gnar", "gay" and "NorCal" he will be close by.
Thats Amoomoo, his real name is Amado

Hannah

Chimp
Apr 23, 2007
So I am working for Infineon and looking around just to get a re-cap of how much everyone loved CMC in years past.

Some local guys, RideSFO/CHDH, are here and building it this year. We walked it last weekend and I could see exactly where some of the things mentioned above where.

We are working on it now, balancing some of the off camber sections, rebuilding berms, adding better ones and a g-out or two. It is extended, it does hit pavement, but goes through some good jumps and a great berm to get there.

I hear your frustrations but Infineon is really making an effort to improve the event, so if you have additional thoughts, lets have it.

Threepointtwo

Monkey
Jun 21, 2002
SLC, UT
So I am working for Infineon and looking around just to get a re-cap of how much everyone loved CMC in years past.

Some local guys, RideSFO/CHDH, are here and building it this year. We walked it last weekend and I could see exactly where some of the things mentioned above where.

We are working on it now, balancing some of the off camber sections, rebuilding berms, adding better ones and a g-out or two. It is extended, it does hit pavement, but goes through some good jumps and a great berm to get there.

I hear your frustrations but Infineon is really making an effort to improve the event, so if you have additional thoughts, lets have it.
Well, good luck with that. I appreciate your efforts to make the best of a bad situation but I don't think there is anything you can do to make a real DH course there. Just scrap it and race the 4X course for both events. That course was fun.

Hannah

Chimp
Apr 23, 2007
What is awesome about that is the 4X is cancelled. We are still going to build it up and let people ride it for free, but no actual race. Free skills course for all to enjoy, very nice idea and I sure it will go well, just wish it wasn't done on one of the best things CMC had going.

Will do our best. It should be a fun course, but won't claim it is world class or best ever or anything majorly blown out. Just a fun day on the bike.