Quantcast

Injury roll call - who's out?

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
I just heard from a friend of mine Glenn (GlennG) on these boards. He got hurt at PA yesterday, fractured vertebrae and some other stuff. He's out. Healing vibes to him.

From our DH team I'm out, Arnold is out and Miguel is out.

A lot of downed PNW riders - Who else is injured and out?

vtrider

Monkey
Apr 11, 2005
vermont
im out for a bit, i bruised/tore a small hole in my diaphram playing soccer yesterday, and one of my bikes was stolen from my garage recently :mumble: . blah

**not actually in the pacific northwest, but i saw this under recent posts, and im impatient so i missed what forum its in. my bad**

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
I'm still out for anything more than a leisurely stroll through the woods on the XC bike. No DH, Freeride, or moto until next summer.

My arm/hand is still so jacked up from my accident last July I painted my bathroom today, and my hand is now totally numb. :angry:

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
I have come down with a strange bumpy rash witch has made it very hard to sit on a bike seat for even a short amount of time. I even have some swelling and puffyness in a certain unspeakable area. :eek:

It's funny cause this all happened after riding in Bib's mini van!

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
holliswood said:
I have come down with a strange bumpy rash witch has made it very hard to sit on a bike seat for even a short amount of time. I even have some swelling and puffyness in a certain unspeakable area. :eek:

It's funny cause this all happened after riding in Bib's mini van!
Waaaay too much information.
:D

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
oly said:
Tyler, Cory S, and Mitzel all down from our team.....

healing vibes to all.
Cory S is still out? I thought he was all good? :confused:

D, you mashed your pinky pretty good yesterday! :o:

Get well soon!

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Odd that you'd post this thread, Loreto. I was riding home from work this evening and thinking "I wonder how many new casualties I will hear about from this weekend?"...considering the carnage rate of the last month or so.
I must admit that my legs feel like they could just fall off at any moment. I've been doing office work for far too long...working the floor at a bike shop is becoming quite the wake-up-call for my legs. I may be in great riding shape, but I'm out of shape in the walking department.
:dead:

A huge round of healing vibes to all downed :monkey: riders...even those in Vermont!!:)

Sep 8, 2004
I'm out for a while. My wrist might be broken, xrays didn't show much so I'm getting a bone-scan on wed. So I'm out for 2-6 weeks probably.

-james.

Ok its not me but my neighbor/coverider, you might know him he posts here quite a bit, is out with a concussion and a possible broken wrist. At sst last weekend he nose cased the 1st double on the Margo line and landed on his head.

Get well, cause if you dont I got no one to ride with

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
I got six blisters from Whistler this weekend(three on each hand)! I was out Monday and sat at the bottom and watched everyone come down. It was depressing! But, Saturday and Sunday rocked! :D

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Me out with very bad fibula. Bone scan on friday shows both ends to be fractured. No cast but the techs were nervious about me just walking. One wrong step and either end can completely let go. :angry: :angry: :angry: I am so sick of just sitting on my a$$, I want to ride :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: other than that all is well. :evil:

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
im out fora bit with a cuncussion, spranged knee, spranged shoulder, and possible broken wrist. i find out today if its broken or not. so i dont know for how long im out yet but i shall let ya know when i find out. o hey i just noticed showa already posted this for me ha thanks man.

Jun 18, 2004
If I make it to next fall w/o injury I'm buying a more pedalable freeride bike as a reward... :evil:

Last summer I dislocated my shoulder at whistler and couldn't work for 6 weeks... I went to physical therapy for 3 months...

The summer before that I tore my other shoulder AC just before I went to europe... I didn't get exrays until after the trip because I didn't want to miss it... hauling laugage just wasn't the same with a torn AC... but I didn't know that at the time... the lady I was with back then said '...maybe you should find another sport...'

radjockette

Monkey
Jun 26, 2004
PNW woods
Ya know, seems like every year I get an injury. At least so far, they are only about one to two months off the bike.
Got mine (injury), taken care of for this year early.

Keepin my fingers crossed

Wigga

Monkey
Jul 27, 2004
kirkland
i got meself some nice big scrapes and bruises, not too bad though. sad thing was it was on a rope swing. i guess thats what happens when you come in backwards into a wet downed tree with a big ass root right next to it goin fast. but hey, now at least i know what happens!

GlennG

Chimp
Mar 23, 2005
Forks, WA
Got home from Harborview last night. I crashed off the ladder on Railage at the Port Angeles course. I landed on my head. I fractured one vertebrae in my neck and sustained multiple fractures to three vertebrae in my upper back. I still managed to walk out to the pro course, VERRRRY SLLOOWWLYY, to meet the Paramedics. Thank God Mosley was riding with me and heard me hit the ground. I got a flight to Harborview via Airlift Northwest and I complained about no inflight movie to forget about the pain. I get to wear a body/neck brace for 3 months. 24/7. My wife is totally impressed with all the help she has to give me now.

At Least I can still walk.

P.S. I have a 2005 Santa Cruz V-10 (large) with 888 and lots of other goodies for sale. I need the money. If you are interested PM me. I haven't figured out the price yet. It is one sweet bike though.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
GlennG said:
Got home from Harborview last night. I crashed off the ladder on Railage at the Port Angeles course. I landed on my head. I fractured one vertebrae in my neck and sustained multiple fractures to three vertebrae in my upper back. I still managed to walk out to the pro course, VERRRRY SLLOOWWLYY, to meet the Paramedics. Thank God Mosley was riding with me and heard me hit the ground. I got a flight to Harborview via Airlift Northwest and I complained about no inflight movie to forget about the pain. I get to wear a body/neck brace for 3 months. 24/7. My wife is totally impressed with all the help she has to give me now.

At Least I can still walk.

P.S. I have a 2005 Santa Cruz V-10 (large) with 888 and lots of other goodies for sale. I need the money. If you are interested PM me. I haven't figured out the price yet. It is one sweet bike though.
Holy Crap! Thank God you can still walk!

Sep 8, 2004
My broken wrist is nothing compared to that. Somebody needs to give you a gold star. Thats some feat walking out like that. Some spots on the knuck are easier to ride down than walk I think.

-James.

GlennG

Chimp
Mar 23, 2005
Forks, WA
I wasn't on White Knuckle. I was on Railage. A much more technical trail. Steep as heck too. Even at 0.000001 MPH walking. :help: I really hope the carnage ends soon. I don't care to hear about anyone else getting hurt this bad. I would take Five's second broken collarbone or Miguel's broken ankle in a heartbeat over this. :think: :eviltongu

Ride hard but remember we are riding for the fun of it. :thumb: :thumb:

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
GlennG said:
I wasn't on White Knuckle. I was on Railage. A much more technical trail. Steep as heck too. Even at 0.000001 MPH walking. :help: I really hope the carnage ends soon. I don't care to hear about anyone else getting hurt this bad. I would take Five's second broken collarbone or Miguel's broken ankle in a heartbeat over this. :think: :eviltongu

Ride hard but remember we are riding for the fun of it. :thumb: :thumb:
I had a similar bad crash a couple of years ago that included an airlift from Cle Elum to Harborview. I remember getting in the copter, next thing I remember was waking up at Harborview. Even now two years later my eyesight isnt the same-never will be. I still ride but I am not taking any chances. I feel very fortunate I had insurance and my wife who put up with the wreck. But I also know that I used up the goodwill of my wife and Group Health. I was also fortunate I didnt have any one that depended on me to be working. Looking back, I still feel like I screwed up(guilt). I also feel like I have been given a second(last) chance. I wish everyone a speedy 100% recovery and I know for a lot of you there is way more than the physical injury. BK