Quantcast

Injury roll call - who's out?

ride

Monkey
Jan 11, 2005
Kent pretty much rode all the way down! He was even doing log rides and sh*t, I couldn't believe it! Props bro, Heal up quick!
I
'll get that info about the Turner hopefully today.

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Just got home, after surgery yesterday - everything went well and as planned. Not in as much pain as I thought I would be. So, I'm officially part man-part titanium.

Mr. Beans

Chimp
Sep 22, 2004
Issaquah, WA
After just getting back from a broken foot which required surgery and 3 plates I proceeded to break my right radius at Whistler. One more surgery and another plate later I am never going to make it thru the metal detector at the airport. At least I got 1 good ride in between the injuries.

Jake

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
While at Whistler last weekend I saw a couple pretty bad crashes on A-Line...all on the same jump! Hope it wasn't any :dancing:

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
bibs said:
sweet, im glad to hear it went well! get ahold of me when you feel up to it!
Yep, I'll be ringin ya. Heard you made it out to SST over the weekend - any good pics? You planning on going to Spokane?

Yea, only 5 out of 50 I think were ok, needed a better lens :) and lef tmy good one in th ecar ..DOH! Ill be at Spokane...with my new toys...my fish eye and my 80-200 f/2.8 :D still debating on flashes!! ;)

Are you going to spok-vegas?

dont ge tme started on A-line cover-rider :D , Ill beak out the leg gash picture :D

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
bibs said:
Yea, only 5 out of 50 I think were ok, needed a better lens :) and lef tmy good one in th ecar ..DOH! Ill be at Spokane...with my new toys...my fish eye and my 80-200 f/2.8 :D still debating on flashes!! ;)

Are you going to spok-vegas?

dont ge tme started on A-line cover-rider :D , Ill beak out the leg gash picture :D
Did you seriously pick up those lenses? cha-ching! B&H photo must love you.
Don't know if I'm going to Spokane yet - still thinking about it.

bikeguy100k

Monkey
Nov 11, 2001
Seattle, WA
I'm still out, but healing from a broken clavicle at SSt on 4-30. I went to the doc last week and the bone regrowth isn't as good as it could/should be. The doc did put pressure on my clavicle and tried to move it around to see how much pain there was, but it didn't hurt.

So, I'll still be out for about 4 more weeks, but I'm hitting the road this weekend to see how it feels. If it doesn't hurt too much, then I'll be road riding for a couple months and then back on the dirt once the fitness and strength return. :thumb:

Andy, once I can ride without pain and get some fitness back, we're on for some road rides (once you get your warranty frame)!

mtnluvn

Monkey
May 14, 2005
Squamish/Whistler
SuperSlow said:
fractured ankle on right foot sprained left ankle
That sucks Super - sorry to hear you're out, along with everyone else injured so far. What's in the water out there?;) I guess it won't really matter now whether you find any of those attractive women to ride with in Bellingham, huh? All you boys get better soon! Healing vibes to all of you :heart:

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
My wife and I went back to the table of doom to figure out how much vertical distance I covered before landing on my head. The answer is anybody's guess, but here are the photos. Most of you should recognize this table on A-line.

Whistler should do something about the lip, because this baby is loosing them money with all the monkeys it's breaking! :dancing:

Attachments

that table is such a floter, I think we all used to land flat off that, I was takin out by A-line last year, over shot a table up top. The one after the hip over the stump. And it ripped me a new one..litterally :) Hope you heal up well! Why did I not get my X-rays form this crash!!..I am jealous!!

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
That's acutally one of my favorite tables on A-line...sucks you got all busted up from that. I think the table under the lift towards the top is the one that will kick my ass someday. I land that one flat waaaay more than spot-on.
Yes, Cory, you tore it up good that day. I'm glad I didn't see the actual crash, but I had a front-row-seat for the aftermath.:eek:
Not sure exactly what is in the water, but I think I'll keep drinking from my brita pitcher.
Let me know when you're looking to hit the road, Tom. Still awaiting the good word on the new bike, but have access to at least a 'cross bike. For a short while, I also have a aluminum/carbon road bike at my disposal. Pretty similar to what my options will be regarding the warranty, 'cept the road frame would be full carbon. I'm actually pulling for the 'cross frame since I'd feel compelled to race if I owned a full carbon road bike.

The moral of the story:
Quit busting yourselves up, peeps!!!
Healing vibes all-around in the meantime.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
DBR X6 RIDER said:
That's acutally one of my favorite tables on A-line...sucks you got all busted up from that. I think the table under the lift towards the top is the one that will kick my ass someday. I land that one flat waaaay more than spot-on.
That section is one of my favorites as well...I love ripping out of Hornet and then hitting those last jumps. I enjoy the super long fade-away, but the very last one you have to totally shut down for otherwise you are going to land down by the GLC drop :D They should think about making a longer tranny. The jump with the concrete blocks is one I'd hate to crash on!!! That one sends you flying!!! :eek: But still fun! The crashes I saw were all on the step up type jump.

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
I crashed last year on that one, over jumped and over rotated, rode my front wheel for a bit before I dumped it to the right so I wouldn't endo, bent my handle bars and hit my head pretty hard but nothing was broken. had to get a new helmet and handle bars.

Projectpat

Chimp
Oct 26, 2004
bellingham
MUTOLI said:
That section is one of my favorites as well...I love ripping out of Hornet and then hitting those last jumps. I enjoy the super long fade-away, but the very last one you have to totally shut down for otherwise you are going to land down by the GLC drop :D They should think about making a longer tranny. The jump with the concrete blocks is one I'd hate to crash on!!! That one sends you flying!!! :eek: But still fun! The crashes I saw were all on the step up type jump.

that last one is fun and you don't really need to brake much if you transfer to the right side. it's really fun once you get it down. it's good, cause people that don't go as fast as us can still clear it, and then we can still have fun too by hippin to the right. quite possibly my favorite air on the trail.

that said, A-line is such a dangerous trail... i'm kinda worried for freight train to open.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
I'm hoping you'll be there as well, Loreto!:thumb:

While I love to let it go on A-line, I do so with total respect for the trail...knowing all too well that it takes very little to get destroyed on it. I've heard that they re-did some of the stepups a little and people are casing them frequently. I'd guess the trailworkers will do something before too long if it continues.

Neal

Chimp
Jun 7, 2004
Seattle
I've got a nasty head cold. I won't be ride until I don't need to expel phlegm [spelling?]. I don't want to contaminate the face piece of my helmet.

I hope you A-Line victims get better. Thanks for the warnings [and pics!] about the nasty table top.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Projectpat said:
that last one is fun and you don't really need to brake much if you transfer to the right side. it's really fun once you get it down. it's good, cause people that don't go as fast as us can still clear it, and then we can still have fun too by hippin to the right. .
Yes, my husband has been telling me to hip it. Maybe next trip up I'll try it out. I'm still working on turning in the air!! :)