Quantcast

INTENSE/5.10 DH SHOES COMING BACK-Pick a style

Which would you like - Synthetic or leather Uppers?

• Synthetic

Votes: 86 59.3%
  • Leather

Votes: 59 40.7%

• Total voters

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
PLEASE VOTE![/B]
This just in from Eric at 5.10:

Would you mind doing another post on some sites?

Post this :

For the IMPACT downhill/freeride shoe - Would you like Synthetic or Leather uppers?

We are going to make what you guys request, so keep the responses flowin'.

send request to erico@fiveten.com

Jerry- thanks for the help, they should be in the works soon

You can respondin this thread...but you MUST ALSO E-Mail them to erico@fiveten.com !!!!!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Everybody...please copy and paste this on whatever other sites you know have forums. PinkBike, Hcor, NSMB, smallbrowndog, mtbr, dirt, descent world, singletrackworld, trianglemtb, dirtrag, bikemag,...get the drift??

Also, can some of oyu guys see if the websites and magazines will post it in the news headlines of their websites? That is the MOST traffic and feedback they can get. :help:

Jamsoul

Chimp
Jun 28, 2004
tha boot
I OWN A PAIR OF INTENSE 5.10 SHOES AND I MUST SAY THAT THEY ARE THE SH$T. tHEY GRIP LIKE TRACK AND FIELD SPIKES ON AN OLYMPIC TRACK AND PROVIDE GREAT ANKLR PROTECTION. THEY ALSO LOOK COOL I OFTEN WEAR EM WITH MY JEANS....BRING EM BACK I WILL BUY 3 PAIRS ONE FOR RIDING, ONE FOR CRUISING THE TOWN, AND A BACK UP PAIR IF THINGS GET WET... :stupid: :dancing: :D

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I think the low tops have more real suede and the 3/4's have more synthetic materials. My 3/4's kinda started to disintegrate so I'd say more suede/leather for longevity...

lanman

Monkey
Nov 2, 2001
Natick, MA
I don't know what the old ones were...but as said before, make them the same as they were before, unless on fabric has some big advantage over the other...so anyone know what the old ones were?

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
wow I was voter #30 and the votes were exactly 50-50. I choose leather because in my experience it lasts longer, I'd rather get a pair of good shoes re-soled than have a good sole and holes in the shoe.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I can't vote because I don't know what the old ones were, but I like how the 3/4 are well ventilated so I'm pretty sure they're synthetic. Maybe eric can let us know, or you can add "same as before" to your poll...that would be my vote.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Well I voted synthetic, and it looks like I broke the tie. I like leather shoes for wearing, but they don't breathe well. I'd love to see more running show technology on my mtb shoes (ie something that breathes really well, waterproof, won't disintegrate). I've had vans which held up pretty well, and now I have diesels which are nylon and suede and I like the diesels better, actually.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Tootrikky said:
The old intense shoes are the best shoes ever for flats, my only complaint is that the soles could be stiffer.
agreed...not a lot, but just a tad stiffer would be nice.

but that is just an "enhancement request" since they already kick a$$ :thumb:

Tully

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Seattle, WA
I don't know which--perhaps something like that Lorica stuff that Sidi uses? Otherwise, I would have to say leather, as it's more durable that most synthetics.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Brian HCM#1 said:
Got to be cow!!!! Synthetic wont hold up well.
Kelvar/other synthetics hold up better on saddles than leather - SDG, WTB, etc use it on most DH/FR saddles - at least on the well worn areas :p

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
syadasti said:
Kelvar/other synthetics hold up better on saddles than leather - SDG, WTB, etc use it on most DH/FR saddles - at least on the well worn areas :p
But as far as comfort cow is better. Yes Kevlar does hold up well, but if you look into high quality saddles they are all leather, with Kevlar sides. Leather breaks in nice and get better with age, synthetics don't.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Brian HCM#1 said:
But as far as comfort cow is better. Yes Kevlar does hold up well, but if you look into high quality saddles they are all leather, with Kevlar sides. Leather breaks in nice and get better with age, synthetics don't.
Yes but you said that synthetics don't hold up - they hold up better if they are the right kind :p So what is your next back pedaling line?

Also one of the most comfortable saddles I've owned is covered with 3 different types of synthetic fabric - no leather - the WTB Laser V DH:

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
syadasti said:
Yes but you said that synthetics don't hold up - they hold up better if they are the right kind :p So what is your next back pedaling line?

Also one of the most comfortable saddles I've owned is covered with 3 different types of synthetic fabric - no leather - the WTB Laser V DH:

I concider synthetics are being more like pleather (fake leather) Sorry, but for me a Kevar shoe does not seem to comfortable.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Brian HCM#1 said:
I concider synthetics are being more like pleather (fake leather) Sorry, but for me a Kevar shoe does not seem to comfortable.
The main panel of that saddle is synthetic, but not Kevlar.

WTB calls it "black diamond" I think?

Either way, usually shoes have a little padding or inner liner fabric underneath the outer fabric - depending on material and usage.

Sidi's hold up awesome with their synthetic Lorica - I had a pair for years - the only bad thing about them is the hard plastic sole they put on their shoes...

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I got an email from eric at 5.10 saying the uppers will be synthetic (sorry Brian).

Let's hope they're available from an on-line or mail order source. I'm sure the demand is there but don't know how many shops will want to stock full size runs, especially if there's more than one color.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
They should keep the color ways limited to black/gray...

if they are dead set on doing a second color way it should be red/black, not orange or yellow!

(yes, I told them that in an email)

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Jamsoul said:
I OWN A PAIR OF INTENSE 5.10 SHOES AND I MUST SAY THAT THEY ARE THE SH$T. tHEY GRIP LIKE TRACK AND FIELD SPIKES ON AN OLYMPIC TRACK AND PROVIDE GREAT ANKLR PROTECTION. THEY ALSO LOOK COOL I OFTEN WEAR EM WITH MY JEANS....BRING EM BACK I WILL BUY 3 PAIRS ONE FOR RIDING, ONE FOR CRUISING THE TOWN, AND A BACK UP PAIR IF THINGS GET WET... :stupid: :dancing: :D

dude your caps lock key is broekn :rolleyes:

Karpieldisco

Chimp
Mar 24, 2002
Abingdon, MD
punkassean said:
I think the low tops have more real suede and the 3/4's have more synthetic materials. My 3/4's kinda started to disintegrate so I'd say more suede/leather for longevity...
I agree- I loved mine for riding but they fell apart. Ripped the toe box right out and the soles delamed.. ( only three months old) the fit was great and the soles were great. They need to be more resilient to the hell we put them through.. Leather