Quantcast

intense 6.6 slopestyle

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
yes, but route that front brake through the steerer tube
Maybe you know the answer to this.......beyond the standard brake line through the steerer, is there another trick besides a gyro to get the rear ready to spin? Looking at cam mccaul's bike, there's no lines anywhere hanging off his bars. Watching his run at crankworks last year, he had his bike/bars spun multiple times with no long visible derailleur or rear brake line hanging off.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Maybe you know the answer to this.......beyond the standard brake line through the steerer, is there another trick besides a gyro to get the rear ready to spin? Looking at cam mccaul's bike, there's no lines anywhere hanging off his bars. Watching his run at crankworks last year, he had his bike/bars spun multiple times with no long visible derailleur or rear brake line hanging off.
Cam has a hydraulic gyro for his rear and runs the front through the stem. I can't find any info on that hydro gyro, anyone else?

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
So is that really a slopestyle specific frame or did someone just build up a 6.6 with slopestyle worthy parts?

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
Sweet. I'm not too familiar with the 6.6 in it's normal fashion and the intense site won't load for me so I can't look around to find out.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
looks pretty nice, they need to rotate there roller guard though....

has anyone played with ceramic bearings in vpp bikes? Do they eat them just as fast?

that hydro gyro is pretty trick, I wonder if you loose any pressure/power or feel at the lever?

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
sorry to derail the thread a little but does anyone know when the slopestyle mountaincycles bike will be out in production? just one quick answer would do. thanks

Zac N.

klunky

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2003
Scotland

I dont think Cam uses a hydro gyro, There is a feature on his slopestyle bike in this months MBUK comic. He had a hole drilled in his top ahead spacer and ran it through that somehow.....will try to get a pic.

banj

Monkey
Apr 3, 2002
Ottawa, Ontario
Something that .00013% of the mountain biker population is able to compete at, but something a lot of people want a bike for.
Go figure.
Who cares though, I am down for whatever is fun and sells bikes.
Agreed...however the burlier short travel bikes that are being made are filling a niche that was left open when freeride and downhill bikes started going to more and more travel.

I love that companies are starting to make short travel bikes with fun geometry again.

heikkihall

Monkey
Dec 14, 2001
Durango, CO
Something that .00013% of the mountain biker population is able to compete at, but something a lot of people want a bike for.
Go figure.
Who cares though, I am down for whatever is fun and sells bikes.

It is not the ability to compete that makes people interested in slopestyle. Its the fact that the bikes that are used for slopstyle are practical for what most riders are doing today. Like was said, a short travel bike with fun geometry. I think for next eyar I want to build up a 4X bike that is slightly less oriented to being the lightweight racer bike and make sure that it will be durable and fun for more types of riding.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
It is not the ability to compete that makes people interested in slopestyle. Its the fact that the bikes that are used for slopstyle are practical for what most riders are doing today. Like was said, a short travel bike with fun geometry. I think for next eyar I want to build up a 4X bike that is slightly less oriented to being the lightweight racer bike and make sure that it will be durable and fun for more types of riding.
Amen... I spent the last 1/4 of the season riding a 5+5" bike, and having a rediculously fun time. Short travel bikes that can withstand a beating are real, real, real fun.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Its the fact that the bikes that are used for slopstyle are practical for what most riders are doing today.

I think slopestyle and the bikes built for it are cool, but this is a narrow view of what people do on bicycles.

Does a 40 pound, slacked out bike with one chainring and no BB clearance sound fun or practical for an 8 hour epic?