Quantcast

Intense 951 Is Live On Their Site

Tetreault

Monkey
Nov 23, 2005
SoMeWhErE NoWhErE
i'm also curious. i just dont understand the place in the market as to where this bike lies. i understand that it fits in between the m6 and the socom, but i just dont know why they felt the need to make it. O well it'll sell well im sure intense has got some good fan boys just like every other company

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Not a dig, but maybe I guess.

But does anyone else find they are right on the wrong size for some companies frames and perfect on others?

I really like the look of all the intense bikes, but size wise I am always in between the sizes they make.

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
Maybe Jeff actually likes what he does and enjoys designing bikes. If you enjoy it and it's worth it for you to put it into production, why not? Intense frames are welded and machined in shop so he doesn't have to get tied up in contracts that could cost him hundreds of thousands of dollars if the bikes don't sell as well as planned.

Buy American, buy Intense.

jbogner

Monkey
May 8, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
From what I understand, they're not replacing the SOCOM. If demand for the SOCOM persists, then they'll keep making them. If demand evaporates, then they'll retire it.

Cabdoctor

Monkey
Mar 25, 2008
Sacramento
i'm also curious. i just dont understand the place in the market as to where this bike lies. i understand that it fits in between the m6 and the socom, but i just dont know why they felt the need to make it. O well it'll sell well im sure intense has got some good fan boys just like every other company
It's kind of like sony or panasonic with TVs. They come in millions of different sizes and types but all do the same thing. But people are able to pick what they think would suite them best.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Just appreciate an american based company that enjoys making bikes for the consumer to enjoy.
Intense has the resources, the fan base and the knowledge to design and build a bike that more than a small percentage of riders will buy and enjoy.
I absolutely love the looks of this frame. It LOOKS like a race machine. It is like an F1 car of the DH race bike.
Intense is a great company, Jeff is an amazing designer, builder, etc and Intense will be around well after a lot of these other companies if they keep producing bikes like the Uzzi, M6, SS, the 951 and almost all of their other frames.

My only complaint right now is that 951 decal, absolutely hideous Jeff!!!

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
Just appreciate an american based company that enjoys making bikes for the consumer to enjoy.
Intense has the resources, the fan base and the knowledge to design and build a bike that more than a small percentage of riders will buy and enjoy.
I absolutely love the looks of this frame. It LOOKS like a race machine. It is like an F1 car of the DH race bike.
Intense is a great company, Jeff is an amazing designer, builder, etc and Intense will be around well after a lot of these other companies if they keep producing bikes like the Uzzi, M6, SS, the 951 and almost all of their other frames.

My only complaint right now is that 951 decal, absolutely hideous Jeff!!!
If that is your only complaint then... hmm they must be on to something...
-edit- also if its like any of their other frames, you can just peel 'em off if your not a fan:lighten:

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Looks like Intense might have a winner here. The weight of a Socom, but with better geo and lower weight placement? Sounds good to me.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
If I had Jeff's passion and knowledge matched with a factory full of tools and tubes, I'd sure as hell bang out whatever comes to mind too. When one idea works, share it with the world!

That looks spot on to me.

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
Its the job it addresses all the issues that i didn't like about the soccom. Had decided on my ride for next year but now im not so sure. I want one

cubebiker

Chimp
Apr 9, 2008
I didn't like the HA of the Socom. I always wanted one, but with a 64°. Now I can have one. Waiting for the price to see what comes now. DHR or 951

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Everybody is assuming it's got a weight of the socom. Was there a claimed frame weight anywhere as I don't see the dingy lower tube FRO badge on it.

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
but its lighter than the m6 and even if its not quite as light as the soccom it fits the bill for me

-C-

Monkey
May 27, 2007
Also 83mm BB.

I hope it addresses the flexy rear end of the Socom. I'm by no means the hardest rider but it was very noticable even for me.

It looks f*cking awesome in that green though!

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
dunno, but take nicolai for example, they have also a large range of dh bikes...
Yes but Karl is a little crazy. They put out of production some of the models people liked (well at least aesteticaly) and left the ball crushing lambda.
Also the differance with nicolai is that they have a large range of different dh bikes. The m-pire was replaced by the ion for example. If a new model comes out Nicolai pull out the old one at least in some cases.

MDJ

Monkey
Dec 15, 2005
San Jose, CA
We used to complain that there weren't enough dh bikes and now we complain that there are too many. I may not understand it, but I won't complain. My e-guess is that the Socom will slowly disappear. The only ones I can see buying it are lighter, anti-83bb advocates.

If this one isn't flexy like the Socom, this may be my first Intense since my M1.

Wow, too many good bikes coming out this year.

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
OK let's get down to monkey buisness...

VPP2 on a DH bike...

It appears that the effective pivot location is low, near a DHR location. As the bike compresses the effective pivot location goes straight foreward. This would make a vertical wheelpath kind of feel. That's how the Tracer works/feels. The Tracer is super neutral feeling, not necesarily sprinty feeling bike but one heck of a rock crawler. I'm thinking this 951 will corner great, pedal great (unless great pedaling means firm pedaling to you all), so i mean pedals great through rough crap out of a corner, or through those short rocky rises at Bootleg. Probably not the ultimate chunder gobbler though. I guess that's where the M6 Evo would come in.

Somebody capture the side view of the frame in the video and get crackin!

I'm not even going to make a guess on the progression rate with these vpp designs until it's in the Linkage program. The shock angle looks promising though. Let's hope it's fairly straightforeward, and not so much like the M6 rise/fall/rise again/fall again (?:confused:) action of the long stroke shock on the lower link. Never mapped one, just seen em go by and heard form shock tuners...

The Intense site is sweet! The videos just get me stoked!!! Nice job!!

Last edited:

chic06

Chimp
Sep 16, 2008
The looks great on paper and in the pictures. I just hope that they addressed the problems from the socom. I Thought that the socom looked like an awesome bike, but i could never buy something that dents like a pop can.

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
Awesome...
Dirt mag goodness

The looks great on paper and in the pictures. I just hope that they addressed the problems from the socom. I Thought that the socom looked like an awesome bike, but i could never buy something that dents like a pop can.
I'd say it dents more like a soup can...
Very impressive, seems to be everything the SOCOM should have been but wasn't.

Last edited:

jon-boy

Monkey
May 26, 2004
Vancouver BC
This makes me want a new DH bike NOW!

As on the DIRT website... the green is super nice too.

I like the graphics, has a more moto gp/ferrari F1 feel to them.

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
OMG those frames looks hawt,that shock looks realy long,any one idea what the i2i is on that frame?.Loving the red/white version:drool:

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
Wow, the green one in the 2nd video is pure nasty pron. Don't watch unless you want to change pants.

All of the videos that Jeff has been making lately have an amazing quality to them, they are doing a great job building some hype around the bikes and at the same time, showcasing their talent and craftsmanship.

Last edited: